• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crooked Hillary The fix was in.

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
PHILADELPHIA — The Democratic National Committee chairwoman resigned under fire Sunday, on the eve of a national convention meant to project competence and unity in contrast to the turbulence of the Republicans’ gathering last week.

The disarray threatened to upend Hillary Clinton’s plan to paint the Democrats as the party best prepared to lead a divided and anxious country and herself as the leader who can offer an optimistic alternative to Republican Donald Trump.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida was forced aside by the release of thousands of embarrassing emails among party officials that appeared to show co*ordinated efforts to help Clinton at the expense of her rivals in the Democratic primaries. That contradicted claims by the party and the Clinton campaign that the process was open and fair for her leading challenger, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

The trove of messages released by hackers on the website WikiLeaks proved to be the last straw for Democrats, including top Clinton advisers.

The DNC did something incredibly inappropriate here” and needed to acknowledge that, Rendell said.

Republicans, led by Trump, jumped to portray the episode as evidence that the system was rigged for Clinton, whom Trump calls “Crooked Hillary.”

“The Democrats are in a total meltdown but the biased media will say how great they are doing!” Trump said on Twitter. *“E-mails say the rigged system is alive & well!”

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, who is Wasserman Schultz’s counterpart, told reporters, “There was no way out. The end has come. There wasn’t any other outcome that was foreseeable.”

Sanders said he was not surprised by the email revelations. He is scheduled to address Monday’s opening night of the Democratic convention. While he is expected to stress unity, many of his supporters say they are furious about what they see as evidence of party bias.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...46c260-51a9-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html

On Sunday, throngs of people marched along a main thoroughfare of the city to show their support for Sanders and their disdain for Hillary Clinton.

They chanted "Hell No, DNC, we won't vote for Hillary" and "This is what democracy looks like."

Though planned for months, the marches came as fractures appeared in the party that had been trying to display a show of unity in recent weeks. Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned Sunday as Democratic Party chair over an email suggesting the DNC had played favorites for Clinton during the primary.

The Democrats had been trying to avoid the divide that was apparent in Cleveland during the Republican National Convention last week. But the hacked emails, published by Wikileaks, further fired up Sanders supporters, who long accused the party of favoring Clinton despite officially being neutral.

Sanders had called for Wasserman Schultz's resignation, and said Sunday night she made the right decision for the party's future by resigning.

Darcy Samek, 54, traveled alone from Minneapolis to protest through the four-day convention. She said Wasserman Schultz has been a "miserable failure" who needed to be gone.

"Everyone kind of knew (the Democratic party was against Bernie Sanders), but that doesn't mean it will change now that it's proven. It's just more of the same," she said.

DNC starts in Philadelphia with huge protests, high temps

So much for the unity of the Democrats. They look just as divided as the RNC.

Last edited:
The timing of this could not possibly scream "set up" any louder, either. Release everything the weekend before the DNC convention starts to give two full days of press bombardment as a prelude to the convention kick-off tonight?

Someone played their hand very well. I have NO sympathy for them, though. They stacked the deck and they got caught. It'll be interesting to see how the spin doctors try to make this seem "not so bad". Good luck with that.:lol:

I always get a kick out of liberals/democrats saying they can unite the country. Their policies actually divide the country and many times they act on issues in such a way that only liberals will support them. Seriously, a bunch of statists saying they can unite a country when all they ever do is partisan crap is hilarious.

Anyway, I think many people suspected the fix was in from the start and as time went on during the primary it only became more and more obvious. It would be one thing if the DNC was even attempting to hide their interference, but in state after state weird **** kept happening that would always fall to the benefit of Hillary. It became too convenient and too damn lucky after a while

The timing of this could not possibly scream "set up" any louder, either. Release everything the weekend before the DNC convention starts to give two full days of press bombardment as a prelude to the convention kick-off tonight?

Someone played their hand very well. I have NO sympathy for them, though. They stacked the deck and they got caught. It'll be interesting to see how the spin doctors try to make this seem "not so bad". Good luck with that.:lol:

Hillary already trying to paint herself as a victim. Nothing rallies the liberals like a victim.

Philadelphia (CNN) — Hillary Clinton "felt sad" watching a Republican National Convention that was mostly about "criticizing me," she said an interview aired Sunday night on CBS' "60 Minutes."

"I seem to be the only unifying theme that they had," the presumptive Democratic nominee said. "There was no positive agenda. It was a very dark, divisive campaign. And the people who were speaking were painting a picture of our country that I did not recognize -- you know, negative, scapegoating, fear, bigotry, smears. I just was so -- I was saddened by it."

It was the first joint interview that Clinton and her new choice for the vice presidential nomination, Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia, have conducted since Clinton introduced Kaine on Saturday in Miami.

Clinton complained of a "Hillary standard" -- suggesting that she faces more scrutiny than other top-level politicians.

"I often feel like there's the Hillary standard and then there's the standard for everybody else," she said.

Asked to explain that, Clinton cited "unfounded, inaccurate, mean-spirited attacks with no basis in truth" which "take on a life of their own," pointing to Republicans' criticism at the party's convention in Cleveland last week.

"And for whatever reasons -- and I don't want to try to analyze the reasons. I see it. I understand it," she said. "People are very willing to say things about me, to make accusations about me that are -- I don't get upset about them anymore, but they are very regrettable."

In the interview, Clinton was asked what she calls Trump, in response to his moniker for her: "Crooked Hillary."

"I don't call him anything. And I'm not going to engage in that kind of insult fest that he seems to thrive on," Clinton said.

Clinton says there is an unfair 'Hillary standard' on trust and honesty - CNNPolitics.com

Yeah, the timing is...interesting. My guess is Wikileaks timed it intentionally. I would wager that they are more partial to Bernie Sanders than Trump and certainly more partial to Sanders than Clinton. I'm not sure what they hope will come out of this.

I'm glad it came out, though. Many of us had been saying it was the case all along but we were accused of sour grapes. Yes, I am a Bernie supporter. Yes, I believed, and now know, that the Democratic Party was working to ensure Hillary won the nomination.

That said, I am not convinced Bernie would have won if the Democratic Party hadn't taken those steps. I certainly think it would have been closer, but Hillary won by a significant margin. My GUESS is she would have won if it had been run fair and square. But that is just a guess.

But that doesn't change the fact that what the Democratic Party did was unethical, undemocratic, and perhaps illegal.

I want to be sure to point out, though, the Democrats are divided on REAL, actual evidence of wrongdoing.

the Establishment on their side is actually crooked.

Yeah, the timing is...interesting. My guess is Wikileaks timed it intentionally. I would wager that they are more partial to Bernie Sanders than Trump and certainly more partial to Sanders than Clinton. I'm not sure what they hope will come out of this.

I'm glad it came out, though. Many of us had been saying it was the case all along but we were accused of sour grapes. Yes, I am a Bernie supporter. Yes, I believed, and now know, that the Democratic Party was working to ensure Hillary won the nomination.

That said, I am not convinced Bernie would have won if the Democratic Party hadn't taken those steps. I certainly think it would have been closer, but Hillary won by a significant margin. My GUESS is she would have won if it had been run fair and square. But that is just a guess.

But that doesn't change the fact that what the Democratic Party did was unethical, undemocratic, and perhaps illegal.

With any luck it will keep many Sanders supporters from voting for Hillary.

We all knew the fix was in but the fix was in against Trump too and he beat it.
Never in any election was there a fix against anyone like the fix against Ron Paul. I remember when he would win a poll and the MSM would announce 2nd and 3rd and not even mention that he won 1st.

Clinton complained of a "Hillary standard" -- suggesting that she faces more scrutiny than other top-level politicians.

"I often feel like there's the Hillary standard and then there's the standard for everybody else," she said.

Now give us big ol' "Vast right-wing conspiracy", Mrs, Clinton!! C'mon, Little Miss Sound Bite, let us hear it...

I always get a kick out of liberals/democrats saying they can unite the country. Their policies actually divide the country and many times they act on issues in such a way that only liberals will support them. Seriously, a bunch of statists saying they can unite a country when all they ever do is partisan crap is hilarious.

Anyway, I think many people suspected the fix was in from the start and as time went on during the primary it only became more and more obvious. It would be one thing if the DNC was even attempting to hide their interference, but in state after state weird **** kept happening that would always fall to the benefit of Hillary. It became too convenient and too damn lucky after a while

Well if there was any doubt the 6 coin flips in a row won by Hillary should have sealed the deal for most ! :lamo Someone claimed they saw David Copperfield flipping those coins hired by Hillary .... :lamo:lamo

There's allegedly 5 more rounds of emails to be released. Assange seems extremely confident that there is evidence to indict Hillary in the next release of emails, based upon something going on with the Clinton Foundation. Given that even things that I considered sort of unlikely (e.g. the DNC being involved in closing polls in Rhode Island) seem to have some real evidence now, it may turn a lot more of the accusations against Hillary might come out now (e.g. the big one is the Clinton Foundation accusation, that was ironically started by Washington Post's investigative journalists, which is that there seems to be evidence that the Clinton's may have exchanged favors as Secretary of State with foreign nations in exchange for money to the Clinton Foundation; it's a reasonable claim given the current evidence, so we'll see if Assange got his hands on the smoking gun).

Either way though, these email releases are going to seriously damage Hillary Clinton's general election campaign, particularly if they continue to get worse. People keep on claiming that Russians are behind this, but even if they are... So what? Can we just ask that question? Does that change what has transpired?

Interesting that the 'most qualified' candidate, who should win just on her merits alone, had to stoop to fixing the Democratic primary.

You think maybe that she's not the most qualified candidate?
That she doesn't view herself as the most qualified candidate, and therefore had to fix the primary?

I think that it's pure arrogance that 'the little people' would have any ideas different than her own, and to make sure, essentially nullified their votes to get what she wanted.

I think that Hillary is so corrupt to the core that she just doesn't know any other way to behave.
I think that Hillary's morals are compromised that she doesn't see any sort of ethical problem with her actions.

This is the person that we should elect to POTUS? I hardly think so. If anything everything must be done to prevent such a person from being elected POTUS.

PHILADELPHIA — The Democratic National Committee chairwoman resigned under fire Sunday, on the eve of a national convention meant to project competence and unity in contrast to the turbulence of the Republicans’ gathering last week.

The disarray threatened to upend Hillary Clinton’s plan to paint the Democrats as the party best prepared to lead a divided and anxious country and herself as the leader who can offer an optimistic alternative to Republican Donald Trump.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida was forced aside by the release of thousands of embarrassing emails among party officials that appeared to show co*ordinated efforts to help Clinton at the expense of her rivals in the Democratic primaries. That contradicted claims by the party and the Clinton campaign that the process was open and fair for her leading challenger, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

The trove of messages released by hackers on the website WikiLeaks proved to be the last straw for Democrats, including top Clinton advisers.

The DNC did something incredibly inappropriate here” and needed to acknowledge that, Rendell said.

Republicans, led by Trump, jumped to portray the episode as evidence that the system was rigged for Clinton, whom Trump calls “Crooked Hillary.”

“The Democrats are in a total meltdown but the biased media will say how great they are doing!” Trump said on Twitter. *“E-mails say the rigged system is alive & well!”

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, who is Wasserman Schultz’s counterpart, told reporters, “There was no way out. The end has come. There wasn’t any other outcome that was foreseeable.”

Sanders said he was not surprised by the email revelations. He is scheduled to address Monday’s opening night of the Democratic convention. While he is expected to stress unity, many of his supporters say they are furious about what they see as evidence of party bias.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...46c260-51a9-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html

On Sunday, throngs of people marched along a main thoroughfare of the city to show their support for Sanders and their disdain for Hillary Clinton.

They chanted "Hell No, DNC, we won't vote for Hillary" and "This is what democracy looks like."

Though planned for months, the marches came as fractures appeared in the party that had been trying to display a show of unity in recent weeks. Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned Sunday as Democratic Party chair over an email suggesting the DNC had played favorites for Clinton during the primary.

The Democrats had been trying to avoid the divide that was apparent in Cleveland during the Republican National Convention last week. But the hacked emails, published by Wikileaks, further fired up Sanders supporters, who long accused the party of favoring Clinton despite officially being neutral.

Sanders had called for Wasserman Schultz's resignation, and said Sunday night she made the right decision for the party's future by resigning.

Darcy Samek, 54, traveled alone from Minneapolis to protest through the four-day convention. She said Wasserman Schultz has been a "miserable failure" who needed to be gone.

"Everyone kind of knew (the Democratic party was against Bernie Sanders), but that doesn't mean it will change now that it's proven. It's just more of the same," she said.

DNC starts in Philadelphia with huge protests, high temps

Pretty sure everyone and their dog knew the fix was in for the DNC primaries.

Hillary will face no repercussions, Clintons never face repercussions.

IMO it is mostly media driven. They have been desperate to make the Republicans look much more fractured than they actually were--the GOP had a relatively smooth and controversy free convention--but they managed to keep ratings up through the more obscure speeches by promising this great turmoil that never happened. And as the Democratic 'coronation' was anticipated to be about as interesting and exciting as watching paint dry, I see this latest flap as being little more than the DNC in cahoots with the media generating media interest. People will tune in tonight to see what Bernie has to say and hopefully will keep waiting for shoes to drop. Debbie had been controversial and increasingly unpopular for a long time now and this was a good time for her to make her exit. She will be well rewarded for her cooperation.

Call me cynical. I just don't expect anything from them other than manipulation any more.

If the Russians did hack and release Clinton's e-mails that would be ironic, Putin is doing more for America then anyone else. :lamo

There's allegedly 5 more rounds of emails to be released. Assange seems extremely confident that there is evidence to indict Hillary in the next release of emails, based upon something going on with the Clinton Foundation. Given that even things that I considered sort of unlikely (e.g. the DNC being involved in closing polls in Rhode Island) seem to have some real evidence now, it may turn a lot more of the accusations against Hillary might come out now (e.g. the big one is the Clinton Foundation accusation, that was ironically started by Washington Post's investigative journalists, which is that there seems to be evidence that the Clinton's may have exchanged favors as Secretary of State with foreign nations in exchange for money to the Clinton Foundation; it's a reasonable claim given the current evidence, so we'll see if Assange got his hands on the smoking gun).

Either way though, these email releases are going to seriously damage Hillary Clinton's general election campaign, particularly if they continue to get worse. People keep on claiming that Russians are behind this, but even if they are... So what? Can we just ask that question? Does that change what has transpired?

While I would be curious to know who is behind it, you are right, it doesn't change the relevancy of the emails.

I personally doubt it will affect the election. All of this would matter if the Republicans had nominated just about anyone other than Trump. People are terrified of what Trump will do to our country and our standing in the world. And every day, with nearly every tweet, he gives them good reason for that fear. They don't trust Hillary. Most think she is a liar and many think she is a criminal. But most will vote for Hillary because they believe she will do less damage than Trump will. They may feel disgusted with themselves when they leave the polls in November but they will still vote their own self-interest.

Undemocratic and unethical yes, but not illegal. At the end of the day, the Democratic Party is a private organization. Private organizations of any sort have no legal obligation to be fair as far as internal rules and practices go.

My guess is that the undemocratic aspect of this is going to hurt them profoundly with a lot of Bernie supporters. We live in an age where people expect democratic principles to be applied in all things and in all groups.

If the "elders that be" don't adhere to these principles, people are going to vote with their feet. It does not matter whether it is a rigged nomination process at the national level, or on a far smaller level, a rigged hiring process at a local church.

IMO it is mostly media driven. They have been desperate to make the Republicans look much more fractured than they actually were--the GOP had a relatively smooth and controversy free convention--but they managed to keep ratings up through the more obscure speeches by promising this great turmoil that never happened. And as the Democratic 'coronation' was anticipated to be about as interesting and exciting as watching paint dry, I see this latest flap as being little more than the DNC in cahoots with the media generating media interest. People will tune in tonight to see what Bernie has to say and hopefully will keep waiting for shoes to drop. Debbie had been controversial and increasingly unpopular for a long time now and this was a good time for her to make her exit. She will be well rewarded for her cooperation.

Call me cynical. I just don't expect anything from them other than manipulation any more.

Greetings, AlbqOwl. :2wave:

Excellent post! :thumbs:

While I would be curious to know who is behind it, you are right, it doesn't change the relevancy of the emails.

I personally doubt it will affect the election. All of this would matter if the Republicans had nominated just about anyone other than Trump. People are terrified of what Trump will do to our country and our standing in the world. And every day, with nearly every tweet, he gives them good reason for that fear. They don't trust Hillary. Most think she is a liar and many think she is a criminal. But most will vote for Hillary because they believe she will do less damage than Trump will. They may feel disgusted with themselves when they leave the polls in November but they will still vote their own self-interest.

The fear of Trump is hyperbole, he can bloviate anything he wants, there is no way the vast majority of his rhetoric is going to come to fruition. Congress simply isn't going to pass any of it.

The fear of Trump is hyperbole, he can bloviate anything he wants, there is no way the vast majority of his rhetoric is going to come to fruition. Congress simply isn't going to pass any of it.

There is a hell of a lot a President can do without Congress as Commander-in-Chief and through Executive Order.

I agree. But it does lead into the really central question on Sanders supporters' minds: Do we fight to reform the DNC or do we create a new party, and hope that the momentum can build over the next 1-8 years?

That's the topic of another thread, but there needs to be some way to massively organize the Sanders movement and try to figure this out collectively.

There is a hell of a lot a President can do without Congress as Commander-in-Chief and through Executive Order.

Yea, that is going to bite the Democrats in the ass after all the EOs Obama had, setting precedence for Trump.

Be careful what you wish for!

Hillary already trying to paint herself as a victim. Nothing rallies the liberals like a victim.

Philadelphia (CNN) — Hillary Clinton "felt sad" watching a Republican National Convention that was mostly about "criticizing me," she said an interview aired Sunday night on CBS' "60 Minutes."

"I seem to be the only unifying theme that they had," the presumptive Democratic nominee said. "There was no positive agenda. It was a very dark, divisive campaign. And the people who were speaking were painting a picture of our country that I did not recognize -- you know, negative, scapegoating, fear, bigotry, smears. I just was so -- I was saddened by it."

It was the first joint interview that Clinton and her new choice for the vice presidential nomination, Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia, have conducted since Clinton introduced Kaine on Saturday in Miami.

Asked to explain that, Clinton cited "unfounded, inaccurate, mean-spirited attacks with no basis in truth" which "take on a life of their own," pointing to Republicans' criticism at the party's convention in Cleveland last week.

"And for whatever reasons -- and I don't want to try to analyze the reasons. I see it. I understand it," she said. "People are very willing to say things about me, to make accusations about me that are -- I don't get upset about them anymore, but they are very regrettable."

In the interview, Clinton was asked what she calls Trump, in response to his moniker for her: "Crooked Hillary."

"I don't call him anything. And I'm not going to engage in that kind of insult fest that he seems to thrive on," Clinton said.

Clinton says there is an unfair 'Hillary standard' on trust and honesty - CNNPolitics.com

Didn't we hear the same about Obama over the past 7.5 years?

If the Russians did hack and release Clinton's e-mails that would be ironic, Putin is doing more for America then anyone else. :lamo

If Putin has the 30,000 emails from her private server, could that change her being charged with a crime? I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom