• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin killed by stingray

Steve blatantly disrespected the power of nature, he knowingly put himself into a situation where he was giving the animal the impression that it was in danger. Steve costantly pushed the envelope tauting animals for the amusement of the masses. He recklessly pushed the envelope oe to many times and know his children will grow up without a father.

I regret that he chose this life style and that he died, and I have sympathy for the family that he leaves behind. However, His death should serve as a example of how not to treat wildlife. People should be silent observers of nature, and not iterefere with the natural order of nature

knicksin2010 said:
Steve blatantly disrespected the power of nature, he knowingly put himself into a situation where he was giving the animal the impression that it was in danger. Steve costantly pushed the envelope tauting animals for the amusement of the masses. He recklessly pushed the envelope oe to many times and know his children will grow up without a father.

I regret that he chose this life style and that he died, and I have sympathy for the family that he leaves behind. However, His death should serve as a example of how not to treat wildlife. People should be silent observers of nature, and not iterefere with the natural order of nature
some experts deny he was actually pushing the envelope. since I am not personally expert about some of the animals he handled, I know not who is telling the truth. I think saying people should be silent observers is a loaded point-Jane Goodall (sp) hardly was, Audobon wasn't, nor are some of the other great conservationists in history.

knicksin2010 said:

You're right. How dare he use his millions to become one of the most famous conservationists in the world, protecting thousands of acres of wildlife from being overrun by humans and working every day of his life to safeguard diversity in the biosphere.

It would have been much smarter to retire and use his money to buy a yacht and chase 22 year olds, rather than use his money for the benefit of all and stay faithful to his wife (who shared the exact same interests as he did).

What a jerk.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
OIE!!! crikey she's such a beatiful crocodile I could just give 'er a kiss but den she might bite me!!!

****ing stingrays, after going up against 20 foot + crocs this is such a bullshit way to go out, death by stingray? WTF???
Yeah, I agree.

knicksin2010 said:

Steve knew what he was doing. He knew how to handle the animals, and he knew the risks he was taking. You could say that he was a stuntman who worked with nature. And with all stunts, accidents can happen.

But I'm sure you bash the highly trained professionals at the circus who ride a unicycle down the tightrope, too, right? :2razz:

tryreading said:
My intent was to follow a bad joke with a bad joke.

Now I get it.....Duh...

**Bends over**

OK. Now start kicking. :)

knicksin2010 said:
People should be silent observers of nature, and not iterefere with the natural order of nature

That's absurd. We have already interfered with nature. We are gobbling up habitats left and right. What this man did was educate and try to increase awareness and appreciation for certain species so that humanity as a whole could be more responsible with all the interference we are already doing.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
****ing stingrays, after going up against 20 foot + crocs this is such a bullshit way to go out, death by stingray? WTF???

That's the thing. He should have gone out rescuing a marmoset from a crocodile, then, suddenly surrounded after the rescue by nine crocodiles, fighting them while laughing in their reptilian faces, killing five of them with his fists, then getting torn apart by the other four until there was nothing but an arm on the ground still punching crocs in the nose, then nothing but a hand poking them in the eyes, then fade to black...

tryreading said:
That's the thing. He should have gone out rescuing a marmoset from a crocodile, then, suddenly surrounded after the rescue by nine crocodiles, fighting them while laughing in their reptilian faces, killing five of them with his fists, then getting torn apart by the other four until there was nothing but an arm on the ground still punching crocs in the nose, then nothing but a hand poking them in the eyes, then fade to black...

Sounds like something similar to a scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. LOL.

knicksin2010 said:

Well human beings are a part of the natural order and as such we are the top predators in that natural order so the natural thing would have been to kill and eat the crocodiles who are competing with us for habitat but instead Steve rescued large problem crocs who otherwise would have been killed in accordance with the natural order; survival of the fittest and all, perhaps you would have preffered that?

Last edited:
Saw a good program about him on the "Animal Planet" yesterday evening. I recommend everyone try to watch it when it comes on again.

All I can say is he was a super human being, a great athlete, and quite hyper-active. He said this was why he didn't sit still.

When you see what his wife, and daughter have to say about him, and how absolutely darling his daughter is, it will bring a tear to your eye for sure.

I'm going to miss him for a very long time, and I just hope to get to see his kids grow up and what they do in the future. They sure had a wonderful father.

Word has it that Mr. Ray got fed up with divers harassing his students and took the law into his own hands. One diver even reportedly kidnapped a young Clownfish named Nemo a couple years ago.

The government has contracted an independent bounty hunter, a guy by the name Oscar "The Shark Slayer", to track Mr. Ray down and bring him to justice.

Jerry said:
Word has it that Mr. Ray got fed up with divers harassing his students and took the law into his own hands. One diver even reportedly kidnapped a young Clownfish named Nemo a couple years ago.

The government has contracted an independent bounty hunter, a guy by the name Oscar "The Shark Slayer", to track Mr. Ray down and bring him to justice.

Not necessary apparently Steve was so tuff that he pulled the barb out of his own heart and captured the problem ray himself!!! J/K but not really.

**** that guy was so the man this is bullshit!!! Off the top of my head I can think of about 20 people who deserve to die right now and about five who are way past their due . . . Castro I'm looking at you.

Only the good die young.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom