• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crocodile Dundee she ain't

OscarB63

Farts in Elevators
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Um, your ‘lizard’ is really an alligator

Animal welfare officials seize illegal pet from liquor store

AP
The 3-foot-long alligator was seized from a Wading River, N.Y., liquor store. Two employees of the store were issued tickets for possession of an illegal animal.

updated 10/4/2010 10:27:15 AM ET

WADING RIVER, N.Y. — A 3-foot pet alligator that was mistaken for a lizard has been seized from a liquor store on Long Island.
The Suffolk County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says the 3-foot-long, illegally kept alligator was removed Wednesday from Alpine Wines and Liquors in Wading River.
Authorities say two employees of the store were issued tickets for possession of an illegal animal. The American alligator will be sent to a sanctuary out of state.
The store's proprietor told Newsday, a Long Island newspaper, that an employee had asked her to take care of it while he was apartment hunting and that she believed the animal was a monitor lizard, not an alligator.

Um, your

pet%20alligator%20seized-1205213961_v2_grid-6x2.jpg

you have to be really dumb to not know that this is an aligator or crocodile.

Nice looking alligator. Hope they find it a good home.

I never understood why someone would want one of those for a pet, it's a cold blooded killing machine.

I never understood why someone would want one of those for a pet, it's a cold blooded killing machine.

Maybe the owner didn't see it as a cold blooded killing machine. Maybe it represented something much more innocuous...

Like a future wallet... or boots.

No different than a cat. And they smell better.

An alligator can't **** on your pillows. More likely to get injured keeping a cat than an alligator; if you know what you're doing with an alligator, you're perfectly safe.

Or the damn floor right underfoot where you'll step at 2-am.

Damn CATS!

Or the damn floor right underfoot where you'll step at 2-am.

Damn CATS!

hmmmm, I have 3 cats and I've never had one of them **** on my pillow or in the floor. maybe you did something to piss them off?

Suggestion: Acquire 2 cats and 2 alligators/crocodiles.

Then, install auto-feed and watering equipment for the creatures in your house.

Then, take a vacation for 2 days , sealing all entrances/exits to your house before leaving, and tossing the animals through the last one before closing it.

Upon your return, keep the surviving animals, and make necessary repairs.

I wouldn't say that. They are wild animals and have the innate drive to eat. They are about as 'safe' to have as a pet as any other wild animal. Personally, while I don't want an alligator or crocodile as a pet (or a shark for that matter) I think they are beautiful animals and I have a healthy respect for them.

They're prehistoric ****ing monsters with evil, dead eyes.

Don't be hatin' the gator because he's ancient. :naughty

except a cat can't bite your head off.
not in one bite, no. but they can chew it off....
I had to put down a cat, it was fine most of the time but about once a year it would attack someone, usually me. Last time, he jumped up on the couch, curled up on my lap and started purring, so I went to pet him. Next thing I knew, he was all teeth and claws trying to take my hand off at the wrist...

The good thing about a crocodile compared to a cat is at least the crocodile will kill you before it eats, cats have no qualms about eating people alive of the person is too weak to struggle.

I'd like to use cats to feed an alligator.

Nice looking alligator. Hope they find it a good home.

he'll find his own home

080321cc-a-alligator_t607.jpg

Back
Top Bottom