• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Critics slam Harry Reid's immigration remark

Crunch

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just how dumb is this guy?..... maybe a better question would be, how dumb does he think we are?

Immigration reform critics are seizing on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's comments this week that seemed to downplay the number of illegal immigrants working construction jobs in Nevada, even though a recent study found that his home state had the largest percentage of undocumented workers in the country.

When a reporter from KLAS-TV in Las Vegas told Reid a 2009 Pew Hispanic Center report found 17 percent of the nation’s construction workers were undocumented, the Nevada Democrat replied: “That may be some place, but it’s not here in Nevada.”

Read more: Critics slam Harry Reid's immigration remark - Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

Unfortunatly for Harry, the same report stated that the problem in Nevada is twice the national average, or 34%.

Just how dumb is this guy?..... maybe a better question would be, how dumb does he think we are?

Read more: Critics slam Harry Reid's immigration remark - Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

Unfortunatly for Harry, the same report stated that the problem in Nevada is twice the national average, or 34%.

Would be nice if they would run the video uncut so that we could see what the context really was.
Also if they had enough bandwidth to run the video smoothly :p

In any case, I still say the Democratic party should have tossed Reid in favor of some new blood. He's so unliked that a crazy conspiracy theory lady actually has a good chance at beating him.

CRUNCH posted(Just how dumb is this guy?..... maybe a better question would be, how dumb does he think we are?)

He already knows how dumb you are, you elected him x number of times.

Um... Duh... Nevada will have twice the national average of a lot of things.... Think about it.

then it appears reid was correct [/s]:
When a reporter from KLAS-TV in Las Vegas told Reid a 2009 Pew Hispanic Center report found 17 percent of the nation’s construction workers were undocumented, the Nevada Democrat replied: “That may be some place, but it’s not here in Nevada.”
... the same report stated that the problem in Nevada is twice the national average, or 34%.
see, as reid pointed out, it wasn't 17%

reid does not deserve to be in the senate ... but is his opponent going to be an upgrade?
it's almost as bad as being given a choice between dubya bin lyin and kerry
the American/Nevada public is the loser

then it appears reid was correct [/s]:

see, as reid pointed out, it wasn't 17%

reid does not deserve to be in the senate ... but is his opponent going to be an upgrade?
it's almost as bad as being given a choice between dubya bin lyin and kerry
the American/Nevada public is the loser

Nah, just big spending liberals my friend, they have always been losers....Oh, and while I have you, What's with the "dubya bin lyin" crap? eh? I thought it was just sooooooo wrong to compare our Presidents with any nefarious figures? And here you are doing it with a Bin Laden comparison.....

j-mac

Nah, just big spending liberals my friend, they have always been losers....Oh, and while I have you, What's with the "dubya bin lyin" crap? eh? I thought it was just sooooooo wrong to compare our Presidents with any nefarious figures? And here you are doing it with a Bin Laden comparison.....

j-mac

Don't see no Libearls swoopin' in here to bust that up...:rofl

Don't see no Libearls swoopin' in here to bust that up...:rofl

Hypocrisy knows no limitations in the liberal mind.

gotta go, Of to Indy.....

j-mac

Back
Top Bottom