• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Criticizing George W. Bush

Well, here is my honest "critique"...George W. Bush might not be perfect but the thing is "he's a world leader" like him or not, in the history of our country any politician has made mistakes. When George Washington "started" America's Revolution do you honestly beleive everyone was behind him when he did it...NO, of course not, It is a never ending cycle that we as humans have a priority to judge men not by them personally but physically or what they can, cant, did, and didn't do. So I ask you a last question who's the bigger problem? Saddam Hussein who deiberatlely killed his own people,or Bush whohelped them by freeing them from a evil dictator?

He was convicted of a DUI!

Last edited:
Ok, here's my three....

1) Hurting the pretzel industry

2) Spitting in public

3) Cursing over a microphone

I had to come up with something.

You guys took all the good ones.

George W. Bush might not be perfect but the thing is "he's a world leader" like him or not,
I'm not disputing he's a world leader. But you need to remember, George Bush moved to planet earth!

Last edited:
Speaking of Mr. Bush and his idea of compassionate conservatism....
An item of note that looms on the near-horizon but exists on the hush. The new Bankruptcy Law codex passed by Congress and signed by Dubya is going to decimate untold thousands of American families.

Just as the new banking laws tilted the playing field in favor of financial institutions, the new bankruptcy codex (activates in October, 2005) is a total victory for the credit card companies. They will be changing the rules drastically in mid-game. As I understand it, one of the new provisions pertains to the *minimum balance due* demanded on your monthly bill. Under the old law, this amount was capped at 2% of the total balance. Under the new law, credit card companies can (and will) increase the minimum payment due to 4% of the total balance. Thus if your monthly minimum payment due is currently $100, it will be increased to $200 after October of 2005. To compound matters, it will become virtually impossible to shed credit card debt under the new law.

I strongly advise anyone with even moderate credit card debt to minimize as much of it as possible and as quickly as possible.

Billo_Really said:
I'm not disputing he's a world leader. But you need to remember, George Bush moved to planet earth!

Obviously you hate the President of the United States. However, no U.S. President has ever spoken as strongly about protecting the freedoms of the people of Taiwan than he has, so please understand that he is VERY popular here.

You may not like him, but statements like this remove what little credibility you had left following your previous hateful statements.

Tashah said:
Speaking of Mr. Bush and his idea of compassionate conservatism....
An item of note that looms on the near-horizon but exists on the hush. The new Bankruptcy Law codex passed by Congress and signed by Dubya is going to decimate untold thousands of American families.

Just as the new banking laws tilted the playing field in favor of financial institutions, the new bankruptcy codex (activates in October, 2005) is a total victory for the credit card companies. They will be changing the rules drastically in mid-game. As I understand it, one of the new provisions pertains to the *minimum balance due* demanded on your monthly bill. Under the old law, this amount was capped at 2% of the total balance. Under the new law, credit card companies can (and will) increase the minimum payment due to 4% of the total balance. Thus if your monthly minimum payment due is currently $100, it will be increased to $200 after October of 2005. To compound matters, it will become virtually impossible to shed credit card debt under the new law.

I strongly advise anyone with even moderate credit card debt to minimize as much of it as possible and as quickly as possible.

I have no credit card debt... I simply have chosen not to have them. However, this society has become so dependent on them, I cannot even rent a car without one. "shakes my head" they want people to be fiscally responsible, and yet penalize them when they do. What a world, huh?

Billo_Really said:
He was convicted of a DUI!

Last time I checked, a DUI (in one's younger days) does not qualify them from holding public office. To say that no one who's made a mistake can do so... hmmmm guess we all would be out, huh? He wasn't a Senator, he wasn't a governor, he was a young and stupid kid who thought he was invincible, like most of us did at that age.

Wow, Bill, I thought for sure you'd have a better argument than this. Petty, really shameful.

Originally posted by debate_junkie:
Last time I checked, a DUI (in one's younger days) does not qualify them from holding public office. To say that no one who's made a mistake can do so... hmmmm guess we all would be out, huh? He wasn't a Senator, he wasn't a governor, he was a young and stupid kid who thought he was invincible, like most of us did at that age.

Wow, Bill, I thought for sure you'd have a better argument than this. Petty, really shameful.
I was being facetious!

Attachments

• soldier2.jpg
    soldier2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 9
  • soldier.jpg
    soldier.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 6
  • destruction2.jpg
    destruction2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 6
  • destruction.jpg