• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Criticism rains down on Trump after he cancels visit to WWI cemetery due to...WEATHER???

OlNate

Shameless Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Huh...so, ol' Bone Spurs has managed to find a new way to shirk his military duty - forget combat, this time it was...the rain? I understand his hair situation might make for an awkward moment, but it's Aisne-Marne American Cemetery on Remembrance Day. Besides...I thought he liked things...wait for it...Stormy. ;)

https://globalnews.ca/news/4651220/trump-cemetery-visit-cancelled-rain/

All jokes and Monday morning hilarity aside, I find myself wondering how his supporters, especially those who were in the military, feel about this. Especially since your favorite "twinkle toes" to hate, Justin Trudeau, did make it out in the rain to his commitments. Ouch.

Remember.

Trump is like, the toughest president like, ever.

Huh...so, ol' Bone Spurs has managed to find a new way to shirk his military duty - forget combat, this time it was...the rain? I understand his hair situation might make for an awkward moment, but it's Aisne-Marne American Cemetery on Remembrance Day. Besides...I thought he liked things...wait for it...Stormy. ;)

https://globalnews.ca/news/4651220/trump-cemetery-visit-cancelled-rain/

All jokes and Monday morning hilarity aside, I find myself wondering how his supporters, especially those who were in the military, feel about this. Especially since your favorite "twinkle toes" to hate, Justin Trudeau, did make it out in the rain to his commitments. Ouch.

Snowflakes melt in the rain.

Remember folks, Commander Bone-Spurs has NEVER visited any US troops overseas.

Does Private Bone-Spurs give two ****s about the military? Hasn't visited, cancels because of a little rain. So long as he gets to rant on twitter, I think that's all he really cares about.

I think it's a shame Trump couldn't make it, but I'm not his security and logistics team. If they said it was not enough time to put together properly safe ground transport, I believe them.

I think it's a shame Trump couldn't make it, but I'm not his security and logistics team. If they said it was not enough time to put together properly safe ground transport, I believe them.

From the link below:

Ben Rhodes, a political adviser and top speechwriter in the Obama administration, also criticized the White House for not having a contingency in place for bad weather.

“I helped plan all of President Obama’s trips for 8 years. There is always a rain option. Always," he tweeted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...rump-after-white-house-cancels-cemetery-visit

Remember.

And knows more about the military than the generals.

So if he says the weather was too bad to honour America's heroes, then by god, the weather was too bad to honour America's heroes. Come on, it was raining for Christ's sake!

Last edited:
Ben Rhodes. Yeah, he's got a "plan B".
B, for Benghazi.

Sorry, what? You lost me. What does Benghazi have to do with the fact that Trump dishonored the American military because of the rain?

Which proves nothing. Thanks for playing.
I wonder if Trump haters were tied up in knots when Obama refused to visit Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day 2010? That's about a mile from the WH.

Good question - you should open a thread about it.

From this I will assume you're saying that Trump = Obama?

Which proves nothing.

Yes it does. It proves Trump lies constantly, and anyone who believes him or his administration without reputable sources to confirm is a fool.

Hence why Trump loves his base:

Donald Trump declares 'I love the poorly educated'

because they believe him.

Thanks for playing.

I know, your game is to defend Trump no matter what, and if that means ignoring all facts, and what your own eyes and ears tell you, then you will.

I wonder if Trump haters were tied up in knots when Obama refused to visit Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day 2010? That's about a mile from the WH.

Yes, deflection is part of your game. SQUIRREL!!!

Sorry, what? You lost me. What does Benghazi have to do with the fact that Trump dishonored the American military because of the rain?

Acadia has deflected to Obama with me.

Apparently the only way to defend Trump is to shout SQUIRREL!!

Acadia has deflected to Obama with me.

Apparently the only way to defend Trump is to shout SQUIRREL!!

And here I thought I was giving an easy to answer question: How do you feel about it. Seems like answering a direct question about Trump without saying either Obama or Hilary is damn near impossible - maybe they're secretly pining for the good old days too... ;)

haha

Remember.

Give him a break already. Rain can cause havoc with a bouffant rug and might make his Orange #3 to to run...

Ben Rhodes. Yeah, he's got a "plan B".
B, for Benghazi.

I love it when you bring up Benghazi. It's wingspeak for "I got nothin so I'll throw out Benghazi and hope in impresses somebody".

I love it when you bring up Benghazi. It's wingspeak for "I got nothin so I'll throw out Benghazi and hope in impresses somebody".

Does someone not know who came up with the Benghazi lie?

Does someone not know who came up with the Benghazi lie?

I for one have no idea what it has to do with this thread.

Back
Top Bottom