• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Critical Race Theory In Schools

The Left: America and its institutions evolved over time. It started from a place where black people were owned. It has sort of seeped into our society. We don't teach that enough and we certainly haven't learned from it enough.

The Right: View attachment 67339555
Show for whatever part of you want I don't believe anything you say when you're just a mouthpiece.

Show for whatever part of you want I don't believe anything you say when you're just a mouthpiece.

Do you, man. I can't force you to stop ignoring history. Also, can you let the CRT Propaganda Machine I haven't seen a check in a while. I don't know how to contact them. You clearly know where they hang out.

Where do you define what people can and can not say?
I defined the illogical contradiction in the post where I quoted his nonsense, that your quote did not capture. If you seriously want to debate me, you need to review and grasp the argument....because you haven't.

I defined the illogical contradiction in the post where I quoted his nonsense, that your quote did not capture. If you seriously want to debate me, you need to review and grasp the argument....because you haven't.

Do you think the other conservatives notice how often their cohorts run away after being confronted and wonder if they, themselves, do the same thing and, if so, why?

Do you think the other conservatives notice how often their cohorts run away after being confronted and wonder if they, themselves, do the same thing and, if so, why?
I know they do it with me, but I'm not sure where in the political spectrum Mika-El stands.

I just can't believe he couldn't understand what point I made in post 701, it wasn't that tough to figure out.

I know they do it with me, but I'm not sure where in the political spectrum Mika-El stands.

I just can't believe he couldn't understand what point I made in post 701, it wasn't that tough to figure out.

For real. All I did was say we started from a pretty ****ed place and it might have had repercussions and the one guy dismissed me out of hand.

Republicans are only against CRT because alt-right propaganda told them to be against it.
The Alt Right actually shares some central concepts with CRT. The main challenge to both is classic liberalism.

The Alt Right actually shares some central concepts with CRT. The main challenge to both is classic liberalism.

I think I know where you're going here, but if I were to humbly suggest that if the alt-right wasn't so up-in-arms over it, they would be honest and admit they see CRT analysis as a playbook rather than a call to left-wing reform or revolution, would you disagree much?

I think I know where you're going here, but if I were to humbly suggest that if the alt-right wasn't so up-in-arms over it, they would be honest and admit they see CRT analysis as a playbook rather than a call to left-wing reform or revolution, would you disagree much?
As a soft-empiricist, I think:

You can look to nature and find what is very probably true.

You can look to reason to find out what is likely true.

And you can look to Babylon Bee, to find out what is definitely true.

:D

Last edited:
Oh? How so?
Spitballing from my phone here, and could do better back, but:

* Classic Liberalism argues for an individualistic approach to understanding and justice. You are good or bad based on what you do. CRT and the Alt-Right reject that in favor of an ethnicity-based understanding of justice. You are an Avatar of an ethnicity, and mostly good or bad based on that immutable characteristic.

* Classic Liberalism argues that policy should pursue a neutral public square in service of rational public discussion - let ideas openly contest each other, so that the best can win. CRT and the Alt Right both reject this - CRT because it claims that neutral structures (and an emphasis on reason) perpetuate disparate impacts and are thus actually racist, and the Alt Right because neutral playing fields allow degeneracy free reign (and because they believe that only one "side" has really defended it, making them suckers).

* That point about Suckers is worthy in and of itself: Classic Liberalism argues that the purpose of politics is too defend our individual rights. CRT and the Alt Right reject this, arguing that politics is a zero sum fight for power between identity-driven interest groups.

etc., etc., etc ... It will be interesting when they start trying to figure out how much of the explicit white identity movement was reactionary in nature

When did our educational institutes become a place to be taught WHAT to think, as opposed to a place to be taught HOW to think? I'm so thankful my children are grown...😏
Always, no? For example, when I was an elementary school student, I was definitely taught to think that America was the greatest country on earth. That was in the 80s. Was it different in previous decades?

Parents who protested Marxist, anti-American Critical Race Theory (CRT) at a Loudoun County School Board meeting Tuesday night
have no one to blame but themselves for the idiotic policies now in vogue. Loudon County & Fairfax County by themselves gave
the Democrats championing CRT the plurality they needed for Virginia to go blue.

These overbearing overpaid Washington bureaucrats & their partners in crime who reside in these suburbs of Washington DC
in Va. & Md. & who live envious lifestyles on government contracts are furious now about CRT being taught to their children.
This is most of the most glaring examples of the ‘chickens coming home to roost’. Arrests were made at the Loudoun County,
Virginia school board meeting after it was declared an unlawful assembly and some parents here to protest against critical race
theory and a transgender policy refused to leave right away. They didn’t even realize that’s a policy that there votes support!

The people that push CRT the hardest tend to be white females.
They are AntiWhite White women and yes they must be self hating
Hey Slick,
I like your thinking. Get those parents to school board meetings so that everyone understands what the schools plan to teach the kids about history and social studies.

The concept has been around for more than 40 years, according to EducationWeek, but it has become a major programming theme on Fox News only in recent months . . . . The term “critical race theory” was mentioned just 132 times on Fox News shows in 2020. In 2021, it has been mentioned 1,860 times, according to a tally using the media monitoring service Critical Mention. After being mentioned just 51 times in February, it was mentioned 139 times in March and 314 times in April. It really blew up in May, when it was mentioned 589 times on the network’s shows. In June, the topic has been mentioned 737 times on Fox. On Tuesday, it was mentioned 48 times on shows across the network’s lineup.

That is the only reason these people are speaking:

Parents who protested Marxist, anti-American Critical Race Theory (CRT) at a Loudoun County School Board meeting Tuesday night
have no one to blame but themselves for the idiotic policies now in vogue. Loudon County & Fairfax County by themselves gave
the Democrats championing CRT the plurality they needed for Virginia to go blue.

These overbearing overpaid Washington bureaucrats & their partners in crime who reside in these suburbs of Washington DC
in Va. & Md. & who live envious lifestyles on government contracts are furious now about CRT being taught to their children.
This is most of the most glaring examples of the ‘chickens coming home to roost’. Arrests were made at the Loudoun County,
Virginia school board meeting after it was declared an unlawful assembly and some parents here to protest against critical race
theory and a transgender policy refused to leave right away. They didn’t even realize that’s a policy that there votes support!

The people that push CRT the hardest tend to be white females.
They are AntiWhite White women and yes they must be self hating

Hey Slick,
I like your thinking. Get those parents to school board meetings so that everyone understands what the schools plan to teach the kids about history and social studies.

They were ordered to.

Always, no? For example, when I was an elementary school student, I was definitely taught to think that America was the greatest country on earth. That was in the 80s. Was it different in previous decades?
lol...you're a young whippersnapper...there really was a time when the US was the greatest nation on earth to live in, regardless of the good, the bad, and the ugly...that has changed drastically over the years...

lol...you're a young whippersnapper...there really was a time when the US was the greatest nation on earth to live in, regardless of the good, the bad, and the ugly...that has changed drastically over the years...
It's still a great nation, maybe even the greatest still, but we are at a turning point. We will either choose to rein in our intolerances, divisions, and concentrated wealth with its attendant coercion and financial violence or we become an oligarchy with a two tiered society: the wealthy and the poor with nothing in-between.

Apparently, you think that Prager U is worth listening to. Prove that it is right.
Nope.

I presented my source, now you get to present your source or you can simply dismantle it yourself.

Either way, you're next. ;)

If one was white ..... yes. That caveat still exists today.

Prager U opposes the Left. That makes it one of the the best sources in the business.

extremeright051.png

Overall, we rate PragerU Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda, the use of poor sources who have failed fact checks, and the publication of misleading information regarding immigration and climate change.

Quite simply, it's opposed (and my goodness, is that opposition rapidly growing) because it has as a premise that one group are oppressors and another group are oppressed victims. Both of those labels are being vehemently opposed by both white and black people. Neither group wants their children to be taught to suddenly see children/friends of another color as different, bad people or victims. And, definitely, parents don't want their own kids to view themselves as bad people or to view themselves as victims. It's an enormously divisive and backwards step, confusing to kids and infuriating to parents. I have teen grandchildren and I've witnessed many a classroom, sporting event, friend get together, birthday party and more over the last decade. Kids are color blind and that's a wonderful thing. Now, some crazed woke group wants to undo and destroy all the good progress American society had made.
I am thrilled to see the growing negative reaction to CRT by PARENTS (go parents)! The citizens are increasingly rejecting this terrible plan and they should.

Just be honest and say that you don't want the government to provide services for black people, and you think the government should only work to help white people, and you want your tax dollars to only be spent on white people.

That way we can skip all this crap in the middle where you pretend you aren't scared that your political interests are threatened by teaching people that black people are still discriminated against in various ways.

Sorry but we reject that kind of cognitive processing and postulation as rigid, inflexible and pointless when it comes to defining human behaviour.

What now is this where I say Clax is right and you are utterly wrong and can not make your comments?

I strongly agree with Clax. You for example sound like you have bought into some cult religious group brainwashing. Lighten up man. People disagree with you and we are allowed to.
Here's the thing, my logically-challenged friend: Your post and his, and nearly every critique of critical race theory, are based upon a logical fallacy. In short, a lie. You redefine an academic area of study to be something it is not (i.e., strawman fallacy), then attack that construction as if it is a real argument. That was, in fact, the inspiration for this thread. The entire bulwark of CRT criticism is based upon this lie, promotes this lie, and deliberately sows confusion in furtherance of this lie. Some are more sophisticated liars than others, but the root issue remains the same. It is a common technique - the most common, actually - on "the right" and demonstrates an utter disdain for truth or intellectual honesty.

You can disagree with reality, you can postulate something that is knowingly untrue, but you're not entitled to pretend it is something other than what it really is, even if that is what you're wedded to.

I don't know if I would use that exact terminology, but I think you are wise to shift to functional-descriptions that come with less emotional baggage; it will certainly provoke less instinctive backlash and be more likely to win a fair hearing.

And if the policy continues to this day, and, to this day, there is a disparity that exists which aligns with the original intent of that policy's original proponents?
Yes, in a nutshell.

Back
Top Bottom