• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Criminal trials to watch and discuss - 2022 edition

Because I changed my mind as I learned more.

As it stands now for me, Depp is a batterer who got away with one.

A jealous drunk who blacks out is not someone I would trust, maybe you, not me.

You changed your mind from what to what?

Because I changed my mind as I learned more.

As it stands now for me, Depp is a batterer who got away with one.

A jealous drunk who blacks out is not someone I would trust, maybe you, not me.
If he was a batterer you'd think Heard could have come up with something better than a digitally manipulated photo. You'd also think any of his exes would have mentioned the salient point that he physically abused them.

If he was a batterer you'd think Heard could have come up with something better than a digitally manipulated photo. You'd also think any of his exes would have mentioned the salient point that he physically abused them.
They did testify to abuse, plenty of it.

Depp's abuse grew to violence overtime as his addiction to substances snowballed.

I think Depp's future is with his vampires band, a place where he can get completely wasted and thrash his electric guitar.

They did testify to abuse, plenty of it.

The accusation germane to the issue is physical abuse. That's what started all of this, and that's what's at the heart of the defamation lawsuit. And the exes who testified were quite clear that he did not physically abuse them.

Depp's abuse grew to violence overtime as his addiction to substances snowballed.

Objection...facts not in evidence.

I think Depp's future is with his vampires band, a place where he can get completely wasted and thrash his electric guitar.

Okay.

Opening statements about to begin in the 2nd degree murder trial of Danielle Redlick, for the killing of her husband/former step-father. Seems pretty open and shut, but we'll see what the defense has a to say and if the state can prove their case. Sounds like they can though.

Defense is claiming self defense. That is going to be a really tough hill to climb. She stabbed him in the evening, and doesn't call 911 for 11 hours, after attempting but failing to clean the crime scene. She also was on her dating website hours before she called 911. And she googled how to slit your wrists, then does it. When on the phone with 911, she said he probably died of a heart attack. Later in the call she says he also stabbed himself. She denied any involvement for over a week.

Defense is claiming self defense. That is going to be a really tough hill to climb. She stabbed him in the evening, and doesn't call 911 for 11 hours, after attempting but failing to clean the crime scene. She also was on her dating website hours before she called 911. And she googled how to slit your wrists, then does it. When on the phone with 911, she said he probably died of a heart attack. Later in the call she says he also stabbed himself. She denied any involvement for over a week.
Yikes! Sounds like she's going for an insanity defense, lol.

Yikes! Sounds like she's going for an insanity defense, lol.
Maybe she should have, but it's straight spousal abuse self-defense defense. That's going to be complicated by her post-killing actions, and ever changing story. She was also writing detailed diaries about her failing marriage and their problems, and she never mentioned any physical abuse there.

Yesterday was first responding officers, CSI techs and a detective. Trial is continuing now with the detective.

I can't wait for the Tracy and Timothy Ferriter trial.

How will there lawyers defend an 8 foot by 8 foot box in the garage.

A box in the garage with a box spring, a small desk and a bucket.

IMO should have pled guilty and begged for mercy.

I can't wait for the Tracy and Timothy Ferriter trial.

How will there lawyers defend an 8 foot by 8 foot box in the garage.

A box in the garage with a box spring, a small desk and a bucket.

IMO should have pled guilty and begged for mercy.
Yes, probably their best chance is to hope for some kind of procedural error or legal technicality. It will be good to watch justice be served in that case.

Redlick was offered a deal prior to the trial ..manslaughter with no more than eight years.

This woman has a history of violence, the jury won't hear what she's on probation for.

But then again, they might, without sequestration who knows what a juror does or doesn't do.

Not taking the deal might end up being a huge mistake ..the woman who married her stepfather.

I was a bit behind on Redlick, just starting her cross examination, when I see today she has been acquitted.

I was a bit behind on Redlick, just starting her cross examination, when I see today she has been acquitted.

I was to, her testimony on direct and cross were honest and convincing IMO.

She stabbed him once, that's it ..in the shoulder spoke volumes as well.

Cops who shot Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta not only file federal lawsuit against former police chief and mayor, but the "special prosecutor" assigned to the case nearly a year ago says a report that will greatly influence his decision on what to do with the charges will be coming "in a matter of days."

Of course, this was three weeks ago, so I think that may be a harbinger of what the report says and what he's thinking: they're preparing to drop the charges and deal with the fallout.

Maybe she should have, but it's straight spousal abuse self-defense defense. That's going to be complicated by her post-killing actions, and ever changing story. She was also writing detailed diaries about her failing marriage and their problems, and she never mentioned any physical abuse there.
They’re going to argue she was a battered spouse and was terrified of the decedent when she killed him and then afterwards didn’t know what to do.

It’s not a terrible defense, unlike the clearly innocent Curtis Reeves or George Zimmerman, this is a flip of the coin.

Cops who shot Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta not only file federal lawsuit against former police chief and mayor, but the "special prosecutor" assigned to the case nearly a year ago says a report that will greatly influence his decision on what to do with the charges will be coming "in a matter of days."

Of course, this was three weeks ago, so I think that may be a harbinger of what the report says and what he's thinking: they're preparing to drop the charges and deal with the fallout.
The charges should never have been brought in the first place.

They’re going to argue she was a battered spouse and was terrified of the decedent when she killed him and then afterwards didn’t know what to do.

It’s not a terrible defense, unlike the clearly innocent Curtis Reeves or George Zimmerman, this is a flip of the coin.
Yeah, I was surprised it actually worked for her in this case.

The Nipsey Hussle shooting trial is coming to a close as the jury has been deliberating for about seven hours.

I expect a premeditated first degree murder result and a life sentence for the thug Eric Holder.

I think I'm behind on all of the Depp v. Heard stuff. One of the jurors might have been the wrong person? Or....?

I think I'm behind on all of the Depp v. Heard stuff. One of the jurors might have been the wrong person? Or....?
Really irrelevant spaghetti Elaine is throwing at the wall. It's just precursor to appeal, which they are destined to lose.

Back
Top Bottom