• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Criminal Minds" will end its run with Season 15

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The season 14 finale is February 6th. From Country Living:

Although season 15, which will begin with a two-part opener, will be shortened to just 10 episodes, it sounds like the producers will make it a must-watch. The program's showrunner, Erica Messer spoke to Deadline about what the last installment will entail. She mentioned a possibility of bringing back some fan favorites to say goodbye, including Mandy Patinkin, Thomas Gibson, and Shemar Moore, but there's nothing set in stone—yet. https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/a25857057/criminal-minds-cancelled/

The season 14 finale is February 6th. From Country Living:

Although season 15, which will begin with a two-part opener, will be shortened to just 10 episodes, it sounds like the producers will make it a must-watch. The program's showrunner, Erica Messer spoke to Deadline about what the last installment will entail. She mentioned a possibility of bringing back some fan favorites to say goodbye, including Mandy Patinkin, Thomas Gibson, and Shemar Moore, but there's nothing set in stone—yet. https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/a25857057/criminal-minds-cancelled/

The show was nearing death when Aaron Hotchner got fired. Soon Derek Morgan left and Spencer was being phased off.

I am not sure they can bring back Gideon. He died.

We watched that show for many years; then it got so dark and evil that I literally had to leave the room during some scenes every single episode.

Eventually I realized that I literally dreaded watching that show, and started working on the computer when it was on. Within the space of that season, my husband got sick of it as well. Watching people getting eaten alive by animals, etc., got to him as well.

As much as I loved the interaction between Garcia (Baby Girl) and Morgan (Hot Chocolate), it couldn't pull me through the dank underbelly that was the rest of the story. IOW, I know a lot of people love Criminal Minds, but I'm kinda relieved it's finally over.

I tried to get into this show but it seemed to be too serious, all the time. I need just a little levity from time to time and it never seemed to happen on that show.

Spencer Reid is one of my alltime favorite cast members on a show....he goes with Abby on NCIS

The show was great for a lot of years...yes, at times it got dark....but I was intrigued by the characters which made the show

It had a great run....

There were so many great killers on the show. Hard to pick my favorite.

My favorite one was Frank.

One of the few shows I still watch on network TV. I have always liked it and its usually worth the hour.

I will miss it but 15 seasons is one hell of a ride.

There were so many great killers on the show. Hard to pick my favorite.

My favorite one was Frank.

Keith Carradine was the absolute best!!!!!

We watched that show for many years; then it got so dark and evil that I literally had to leave the room during some scenes every single episode.

Eventually I realized that I literally dreaded watching that show, and started working on the computer when it was on. Within the space of that season, my husband got sick of it as well. Watching people getting eaten alive by animals, etc., got to him as well.

As much as I loved the interaction between Garcia (Baby Girl) and Morgan (Hot Chocolate), it couldn't pull me through the dank underbelly that was the rest of the story. IOW, I know a lot of people love Criminal Minds, but I'm kinda relieved it's finally over.

When I've watched, I've always had to leave the room. I just can't take it. I know that there are real people out there who commit these sick crimes, but thinking about this isn't very entertaining.

The show was nearing death when Aaron Hotchner got fired. Soon Derek Morgan left and Spencer was being phased off.

I am not sure they can bring back Gideon. He died.

I wonder how much the crew and cast want Thomas Gibson to return. In real life, he is the antithesis of the character he played. At one point the producers forced him into anger management classes. Then when he kicked the guy on set, they canned him, paving the way for Paget Brewster's return (again).

I wonder how much the crew and cast want Thomas Gibson to return. In real life, he is the antithesis of the character he played. At one point the producers forced him into anger management classes. Then when he kicked the guy on set, they canned him, paving the way for Paget Brewster's return (again).

Gibson was the reason Shemar Moore left the cast, IIRC.

When I've watched, I've always had to leave the room. I just can't take it. I know that there are real people out there who commit these sick crimes, but thinking about this isn't very entertaining.

If I want to watch something that shows man's inhumanity/social degradation, i'll turn on the news.

Seeing it in real life is bad enough. Seeing it fictionalized? I'll pass.

I think the creative genius of the writers has run dry and they went for shock when they ran out of good ideas. It was a great show for years. Some shows (like the Good Wife) don't extend past their creative genius-some do. This one did

I think Moore is doing a great job in his new role in SWAT

I didn't know that. I do know that Shemar Moore was notorious on every set/every gig for being late to rehearsals, and that ticks cast and crew off too.

I am now watching "SWAT" on Thursday evenings, though, just because of aesthetics. ;)

I didn't know that. I do know that Shemar Moore was notorious on every set/every gig for being late to rehearsals, and that ticks cast and crew off too.

I am now watching "SWAT" on Thursday evenings, though, just because of aesthetics. ;)

I am not. I have no interest in "SWAT". It's a "we've already done it", piece of crap show. I like Shemar Moore; I do not like what he has signed on to; I don't watch it.

I am not. I have no interest in "SWAT". It's a "we've already done it", piece of crap show. I like Shemar Moore; I do not like what he has signed on to; I don't watch it.

I never watched the original, but I figured this would be, as you say, a "We've already done it" show. That's not what I've found. I like police procedurals, though.

I never watched the original, but I figured this would be, as you say, a "We've already done it" show. That's not what I've found. I like police procedurals, though.

I usually do too. I didn't like the one episode I saw at all, but then again I figured Blue Bloods would be a "we've already done it" piece of crap show too, lol. Then I found it on re-runs with nothing better to watch; now it's my favorite show in the whole world! Maybe I'll give "SWAT" a second chance some day. :)

Use to watch criminal minds. I gave up when as others have pointed out it turned dark. I lost interest in the show.

I used to really like Criminal Minds, but then it just got too sick. It became too brutal to watch. Spencer Reid was always my favorite character. At the end I was always distracted by the fact that not only one, but two female investigators used to date Joey on Friends. :lol:

I usually do too. I didn't like the one episode I saw at all, but then again I figured Blue Bloods would be a "we've already done it" piece of crap show too, lol. Then I found it on re-runs with nothing better to watch; now it's my favorite show in the whole world! Maybe I'll give "SWAT" a second chance some day. :)

You should. A friend of mine with a thing for Tom Selleck/"Magnum P.I." dragged me into watching "Blue Bloods." After I watched for the first time, I made the mistake of remarking about his acting on this show that he certainly sighs a lot. Well, he does! But lesson learned: I will never ever criticize him again!

I never miss "Blue Bloods." I love Lt. Gormley and Baker and Garrett. Okay, and Bridget Moynahan's blouses.

I missed all of the original "Law and Order" and am only just now watching, and it's great to see Len Cariou (Henry/Pops) and Robert Clohessy and Peter Hermann (Erin's ex) when they were younger.

You should. A friend of mine with a thing for Tom Selleck/"Magnum P.I." dragged me into watching "Blue Bloods." After I watched for the first time, I made the mistake of remarking about his acting on this show that he certainly sighs a lot. Well, he does! But lesson learned: I will never ever criticize him again!

I never miss "Blue Bloods." I love Lt. Gormley and Baker and Garrett. Okay, and Bridget Moynahan's blouses.

I missed all of the original "Law and Order" and am only just now watching, and it's great to see Len Cariou (Henry/Pops) and Robert Clohessy and Peter Hermann (Erin's ex) when they were younger.

And wadda ya know....Tom Selleck dated Monica on Friends also. That show was a springboard! :lol: He used to sigh a lot on Friends too.

BB is an excellent show with some really top actors. It almost has the acting talent that probably the two best cop shows of all time had (Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue).

Another good remake is the current Hawaii Five O

And wadda ya know....Tom Selleck dated Monica on Friends also. That show was a springboard! :lol: He used to sigh a lot on Friends too.

He did?! Ha!

I used to really like Criminal Minds, but then it just got too sick. It became too brutal to watch. Spencer Reid was always my favorite character. At the end I was always distracted by the fact that not only one, but two female investigators used to date Joey on Friends. :lol:

:lol: Too funny!

Back
Top Bottom