• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crimea votes to join Russia[W:223]

It is good to know Putin's propaganda .

That map is of the USSR though.

Also, thanks to the efforts of many posters here, I learned that trying to influence events means you installed a government, and a friendly government is a puppet government.

I'm glad to get such intelligence analysis of international affairs here.

It is good to know Putin's propaganda .

So Putin was in control of Euromaidan? DANG!!! This was straight from Euromaidan's Facebook page

The truth of the matter is that this whole thing is a test by Russia to see who will stand up to their military actions.

Here's why Ukraine matters. This is straight from the horse's mouth.

That's from Zbigniew Brzezinski, The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and it’s Geostrategic Imperatives

Last edited:

It's manure when you disagree and fertiliser when you don't.

Their problem. We have too many people at home that are expecting things from our government as well, stretched too thin already.

Where's the comparison with this, and FDR's provocations to Japan?

The level to which you're willing to go to vilify the US. I highly, highly doubt you'd give the US the benefit of the doubt. Be serious.

Here's an extract from an article that describes in detail why Ukraine is so important

Haha, I saw "geopolitical pivot" and immediately thought "they're referencing the Grand Chessboard". Shame most people won't read the article, and even fewer well have read the book (or any like it), but they'll still weigh in with their uninformed opinions.

Some may at least read the article, and then they will be better informed.

But to the heart of the matter. Like I said before, where we stand now is that the US has it's puppet government in Ukraine and Russia has seized control of Crimea. That means that the US has deprived Russia of control of Ukraine, but at the cost of the loss of Crimea. Taken as a whole, from a certain angle, that's not that bad a deal for the US if it now plays it cool and makes a bold political move to it's advantage that would be to the detriment of Russia. Specifically, the US and Europe should improve their relations with Iran. This would be a great strategic coup that would be detrimental to Russia for many reasons and would furthermore provide great economic rewards to the US and Europe for doing so.

The fact is that the people of Crimea want to be a part of Russia. IN FACT CRIMEA WAS GIVEN TO UKRAINE BY Khrushchev in 1954.

The fact is that Stalin killed many of the Ukrainians who lived in Crimea and deported much of the Tatars.

Ethnic irredentism works both ways, you know.

Like I said before, where we stand now is that the US has it's puppet government in Ukraine

Yeah, but like everyone had been telling you, that's actually not true.

The fact is that Stalin killed many of the Ukrainians who lived in Crimea and deported much of the Tatars.

Ethnic irredentism works both ways, you know.

The fact is that the Europeans killed many of the native Americans and settled in what we now called the United States. What happened in Crimea was to be expected.

Yeah, but like everyone had been telling you, that's actually not true.

There been things put forward as truth in this thread, that turned out to actually be false when going back and reading what was actually said.

More importantly, not everyone agrees

Washington's Man Yatsenyuk Setting Ukraine Up For Ruin - Forbes

Facebook seems as good a news source as any coming from that area, and Victoria Nuland kicking Ukrainian butt must have been a sight to see. It's the one Obama appointee who seems more than capable at her job.

Facebook seems as good a news source as any coming from that area, and Victoria Nuland kicking Ukrainian butt must have been a sight to see. It's the one Obama appointee who seems more than capable at her job.

Yeah, I wish I would have been there to see her laying down the law to Akhmetov. That must have been a sight to see.

And yep, it was TACTICAL brilliance. The problem is that it was STRATEGIC foolishness. And you have made a point here. If you are going to put the biting dogs out, you need to be able to be the guiding intelligence to the dogs and be able to control them. And guess where the fault lies ultimately there? The President of the United States. He made a very big strategic error here. Why? Because it exposed the weakness with regards to Crimea, and although he gained the rest of Ukraine, it came at the price of relations with Russia going down the toilet and the loss of Crimea. And while the rest of Ukraine is of some strategic value to the United States, it was not worth the price that was paid for it.

Therefore like I said before, the way to strike at Russia now is to win over Iran. The big reason why Crimea is important to Russia is because it is from there that they can access and project power into the Middle East. That's why striking at Russia through Iran would pay off big dividends. Heck, if the US played that one right, Russia could lose the base they have in Syria as a result, because Iran is very good friends with Assad. But you need a different type of dog from Nuland for that project. I'm sure there is someone that could pull that off.

Had the west not interfered with president Assad's war on terror, he would have crushed the rebellion early on and there wouldn't be over a hundred thousand dead now.

Does Putin pay you to promote his propaganda?

So, Its back in the fold of Russia where it was from 1783 when it was taken from a islamic Khanate, long before Ukraine even existed. Interesting development, but not unforeseen.

No it wasn't unforeseen, which exactly why it was a big strategic blunder. Therefore the US needs to gain strategic advantage by using Iran against Russia. In this way Putin can be strangled without inflicting harm on the West.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…