• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CRIME New Report Destroys GOP Talking Points Blaming Dems for Crime: Trump States Have 8 Out of the 10 Highest Murder Rates

The first article was basically quoting the thirdway. Being a skeptic at heart, I like vetting sources. This source apparently is pretty much 50/50 when it comes to liberal vs constitutive poltiics, and is considered 'mostly factual'. I would say that this is one article that would be acceptable as due to it's data, but I am not sure the analysis of WHY is 100% correct.

View attachment 67382453
When it comes to progressive Democratic politicians they have a negative viewpoint such as this: How the Sanders Social Security Plan is Not Progressive. However, when reporting on Trump they have a much stronger negative viewpoint Untruthful Hyperbole: Trump vs. Facts on Jobs and the Economy. In general, Third Way endorses and supports a policy that is more favorable to the establishment, corporate-friendly Democrats, but is nevertheless opposed to social conservatives.

A factual search reveals they have not directly failed a fact check.

Overall, we rate Third Way Least Biased based on a mix of right and left-leaning positions, with a stronger right-leaning bias concerning economics. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High due to a lack of transparency with funding, as well as the use of poor sources. (D. Van Zandt 7/10/2016) Updated (2/20/2020)
That site is a joke and has its own bias, especially when it comes to fringe sites. For example, they claim the site is center-right and full on conservative based on economic issues because they oppose Bernie Sanders's plan for Social Security. So I clicked the article. What they don't say is that they oppose it because it doesn't go far enough to helping the poor and benefits the wealthy too much.

This is their current homepage. This is not a right wing website. The organization self identifies on their about us page to be left leaning and this biased site calls them right leaning. In short, do your own research and don't rely on biased opinions to tell you what to think. Instead of reading a biased website why not just go to their homepage? Why does nobody look for first-hand resources anymore and instead look for others to tell them what to think?

Snag_31851f.png

Last edited:
you are correct-the groups who spend the most effort trying to gain convicts the right to vote back, are leftwing operatives =as one noted operative-Stanford Law Professor Pam Karlan noted-felons generally support Democrats when and where they can vote
You don't suppose that that might have something to do with the fact that most of the convicted felons come from a socioeconomic strata which is more likely to "Vote Democrat" than it is to "Vote Republican", do you?

PS - Did you know that there are many countries that do NOT strip citizens who are convicted of crimes of their "right to vote"? Did you know that some of those countries actually have a higher "Freedom Index", a higher "Happiness Index", a longer "Healthy Years at Birth Index", a lower "Corruption Index", or a combination of two or more of those four indices than the US does?

did I deny that-? I was noting that the highest crime areas in Ohio are run by democrats.
You don't suppose that that is because "the Republicans" all moved away from them when "Those People" started "ruining the neighbourhood", do you?

violent criminals was the topic I believe: murder rates.
The people whose paper that was used by Cruz to make that claim said the following

"Cruz is misinterpreting our research," Morse told us via email. "We only calculate the registration rates by party for discharged felons, and do not break this down by type of crime … So our work cannot speak to the partisanship of 'violent criminals.' "

Moreover, the two men published another paper in March 2014 with data from three other states — Iowa, Maine and Rhode Island — and the results were different. In all three of those states, a plurality was affiliated with no party (though in every case, there were far more registered as Democrats than Republicans).

"Ex-felons' partisan affiliations vary across states and I don't think there's enough evidence to claim that the national ex-felon population is 'overwhelmingly Democratic,' at least in terms of party registration," Morse said. "There is more evidence that ex-felons are not very supportive of the Republican Party."

Republicans - guess their IQ is not above room temperature :LOL:
do you actually believe that or is it just a stupid insult that has no basis in fact

Bakersfield? WTF

Detroit, Baltimore,Chicago, St Louis, Cincinnati, Gary, Memphis etc.

You inadvertently made the OP’s point.

St Louis, Cincinnati, Gary and Memphis are in states taht went for Trump, and Michigan narrowly went for Trump in 2016!

You inadvertently made the OP’s point.

St Louis, Cincinnati, Gary and Memphis are in states taht went for Trump, and Michigan narrowly went for Trump in 2016!
those are cities that strongly supported Biden

Should we look at states or cities for the crime stats? Some cities have greater populations than the rest of the state.
I believe most cities are dem run.

Maybe what is important is the fix. More cops? Better internment rates?

The first article was basically quoting the thirdway. Being a skeptic at heart, I like vetting sources. This source apparently is pretty much 50/50 when it comes to liberal vs constitutive poltiics, and is considered 'mostly factual'. I would say that this is one article that would be acceptable as due to it's data, but I am not sure the analysis of WHY is 100% correct.

View attachment 67382453
When it comes to progressive Democratic politicians they have a negative viewpoint such as this: How the Sanders Social Security Plan is Not Progressive. However, when reporting on Trump they have a much stronger negative viewpoint Untruthful Hyperbole: Trump vs. Facts on Jobs and the Economy. In general, Third Way endorses and supports a policy that is more favorable to the establishment, corporate-friendly Democrats, but is nevertheless opposed to social conservatives.

A factual search reveals they have not directly failed a fact check.

Overall, we rate Third Way Least Biased based on a mix of right and left-leaning positions, with a stronger right-leaning bias concerning economics. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High due to a lack of transparency with funding, as well as the use of poor sources. (D. Van Zandt 7/10/2016) Updated (2/20/2020)
Just looked at who manages that site. It's co-chaired by current and past Democrat Congressmen. It's basically a Democrat run PAC/propaganda website that this stupid "bias checking" website is calling right wing. In short, do better at vetting your information and take this "bias" checking website off your rotation of "credible" sites.

do you actually know or are you engaged in a faith based position?

I have not researched the subject in depth, although I have seen documentaries and studies of white rural America that confirm that they are frequently very violent. And red states frequently lead in the statistics for the kind of crime associated with extreme poverty, as well as the social ills.

red states are full of blue urban areas and that is where most of the crime is taking place.
An admittedly hurtful fact that is very painful for well-meaning liberals to admit (publicly).

I wanted to find a similar list for Canadian cities to compare it to US cities, however I found that the Canadian statistics use a different metric which combines both severity and frequency rather than just frequency as is the case for the US.

However, I did stumble across "Crime Stats: compare key data on Canada & United States" which you might find amusing and instructive.

You might want to take note of the fact that, once you take into account the amount of urbanization in Canada and the US,

22-03-27 Z3 - SILLY CALCS.JPG

the Canadian population density is actually around 11% that of the US - however, the relative distribution of crime between areas of similar population densities is totally unaffected by that. That is to say, if a person lives in a country with a national population density of 10/sq.mi. but resides in an urban area with a local population density of 10,000/sq.mi. then the societal pressures upon them are going to be very similar to someone who lives in a country with a national population density of 1,000/sq.mi. and who resides in an urban area with a local population density of 10,000/sq.mi.

In short it is the population density WHERE THE CRIME OCCURS that is the relevant factor and not the "national population density".

8qhhpe3z6dr81.png

I love facts. 8 out of the top 10 states with the highest per capita murder rates voted for Trump in 2020.​

Who would have thought poor, racially diverse states would have more crime? Anyone with an iq above room temperature.
Well, that's understandable. What's not is republicans telling lies about it. Or maybe it is.

It's still weird to me that conservatives think having a Republican mayor is a causal factor in lowering crime.

Unsure how many studies and "reports" we need to conclude that economically depresses areas all over the nation tend to breed crime, it is also not rocket science to see various political and socioeconomic factors amplify this.

The US is still very divided with plenty of economic faults, all too much crime no matter how many times we double down on "tough on crime," and being the incarceration capitol of the planet has not helped very much.

8qhhpe3z6dr81.png

I love facts. 8 out of the top 10 states with the highest per capita murder rates voted for Trump in 2020.​

Adorable how leftists thinks this proves something.

As many before me have posted, the murders are happening in DEEP BLUE areas of all states. Places like Detroit, where there has not been a Republican in power since the early 1960s.

Also, this whole notion of red/blue states is so simplistic and childish and frankly proves nothing as all states have a mix of voters.

Back
Top Bottom