• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cressida Dick was quite rightly let go for leading a totally out of control police

Peter King

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Now some of these issues come also from before her being the boss of the MET (metropolitan police London) but still, it says a lot about the issues with the MET London.

This week, during the time that a girl was sitting an exam, when she was removed from the exam room because according to some her clothes smelled like pot.

Without warning an adult or her mother, the 15 year old black girl was taken into a room, made to strip naked, made to pull her buttocks apart and cough and made to remove her bloody sanitary pad (she was menstruating) and forced to reuse that same unsanitary pad when NOTHING WHATSOEVER was found.

She was not able to continue with the exam and was put in a taxi to her mother. This happened in end of 2020 and it took for all this time for the police to apologize to this girl. The girl, for legal purposes called Girl Q has been horrendously affected by this attack on her personal safety from being violated. From a happy go lucky girl (claims of the newspapers) into a silent, withdrawn and self harming girl.

But this is not the first misogynist incident in the MET police. In 2013, when the police were stopping and searching a 15 year old boy, a woman (a doctor) she gave the boy a "know your rights card". She was arrested and accosted both verbally and physically by the police. The police made sexist, derogatory and unacceptable comments to her. She was also pinned to the floor of a cell by 3 female officers who (while she was cuffed in the back and her legs tied together) cut off her clothing with scissors. They ripped out her earrings, grabbed her breasts roughly while flipping her over and even grabbed her in the vaginal area to feel if she had piercings there. It took her 9 years and a court case for an apology by the police.

CCTV recordings from the cell picked up comments like:

“What’s that smell? Oh, it’s her knickers,” officers at a north-east London police station said to each other after Dr Konstancja Duff was held down on the floor and her clothes cut off. “Is she rank?” another said. The leading officer (who was cleared of any wrongdoing, surprise surprise) told his underlings to search her as she was subjected to "to show resistance is futile" and by any means necessary. He said "treat her like a terrorist, I don't care".

The CCTV footage then shows the officers who searched Duff returning to the reception. A male officer asks them: “Didn’t find anything untoward on her, ladies?”

“A lot of hair,” one of the female officers replies. The others laugh.

About a minute later, as two male officers go through Duff’s possessions, one asks in mock alarm: “Sorry, sorry, what’s that smell?”

“Oh, it’s her knickers, yeah?” his colleague replies.

A female officer then returns again from handling Duff. “Ugh, I feel disgusting; I’m going to need a shower,” she says.

“You need defumigating,” a male officer tells her.

Another female officer asks her: “Is she rank?”

“No, she’s not actually,” she says.

“She is, her clothes stink,” another male officer says.

“Is it? Her body isn’t,” she replies.

She was arrested on bogus accusations of "obstruction and assaulting police" for giving the 15 year old black kid a know your rights card. The assistant professor of philosophy at the University of Nottingham was cleared of in court. She was given an apology and paid compensation for her horrendous treatment and injuries sustained.

see second post for further comments

continued:

The police station Charing Cross was investigated and it showed a "culture of toxic masculinity" where officers shared messages about wanting to hit and rape women (even fellow officers), disgusting comments about the death of black babies and the holocaust.

• One male officer wrote to a female officer: “I would happily rape you … if I was single … if I was single I would happily chloroform you.”
  • Another officer advocated violence: “Getting a woman into bed is like spreading butter. It can be done with a bit of effort using a credit card, but it’s quicker and easier just to use a knife.”
  • Police officers wrote about attending a festival dressed as known sex offenders and a molested child.
  • “Numerous messages about rape and ‘raping’ each other” were sent in two WhatsApp group and one Facebook group.
  • One officer messaged another saying he was going to attack his partner and wrote: “Swear to got [sic] I’m going to smack her”.
  • Another message shows an officer bragging about visiting a sex worker when he was using steroids.
The police denied any misogyny as a reason for these comments and behaviors. But a threatening climate was also in place. Officers wrote to each other threatening officers who were thinking about breaking the code of silence, one comment sent was: “There’s a few of those grassing ****s I would like to knife.”

Then there were racist messages, discriminatory messages and messages containing violence to muslims and disabled people.

Then we have the case of a woman, Sarah Everard who was kidnapped by a serving police officer while walking on the streets of London, after that he raped her and murdered her.

Then there is the case of Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman, two young black sisters from north London who went missing in June 2020. Their bodies were eventually found by family members in a nearby park after police seemed to show little interest in investigating. After the murders and a trial, two police officers were subsequently jailed for photographing the women’s bodies at the murder scene and sharing the photos on WhatsApp, including one group of 41 police officers.

As one can see there are loads of problems in the MET and the current leadership was not solving these issues so a new and tougher person should be hired to deal with this horrendous climate in the MET.

Back
Top Bottom