• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Creepy Uncle Sam --- Opt Out of Obamacare

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Interesting how the same people who scream "Stay out of my uterus!!" are the same ones who want the government involved in every aspect of their health care. Creepy.

Interesting how the same people who scream "Stay out of my uterus!!" are the same ones who want the government involved in every aspect of their health care. Creepy.

Would you replace it with something new? Or do you think the old system of insurance companies royally screwing people was working?

Would you replace it with something new? Or do you think the old system of insurance companies royally screwing people was working?

The old system was miles better than Obamacare, for sure.

Health care should be completely private. No government involvement whatsoever. If insurance companies want to screw people, then they can just go without customers.

Health care should be completely private. No government involvement whatsoever. If insurance companies want to screw people, then they can just go without customers.

Yes they can go without customers, but can the people go without HC?

26,000 deaths a year from CEO greed is catalist for revolution and change.

That's brilliant, except when all of them are doing it.

Yes they can go without customers, but can the people go without HC?

26,000 deaths a year from CEO greed is catalist for revolution and change.

26,000 deaths a year ain't all that much. Besides, the population is getting way too high anyway, we need some control.

The old system was miles better than Obamacare, for sure.

I disagree. People should not be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition. That defeats the entire purpose if you believe the purpose is to keep people healthy. On the other hand, if you think the purpose is to make money then yes, the old system was terrific

I disagree. People should not be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition. That defeats the entire purpose if you believe the purpose is to keep people healthy. On the other hand, if you think the purpose is to make money then yes, the old system was terrific

Accepting anyone, regardless of condition, defeats the purpose of INSURANCE.

Accepting anyone, regardless of condition, defeats the purpose of INSURANCE.

If that purpose is to make money, absolutely. If that purpose is to keep Americans healthy and alive, then no it fails.

If that purpose is to make money, absolutely. If that purpose is to keep Americans healthy and alive, then no it fails.

Yes, the sole purpose of insurance companies is to make money. Who told you that it's not?

That's some pretty low brow propaganda.

26,000 deaths a year ain't all that much. Besides, the population is getting way too high anyway, we need some control.
This is a difference in opinion that I believe cannot be reconciled. In my opinion, NO ONE should die needlessly because some a$$hole wants new yacht.

It was working better than after Obamacare. I'll take the so-called broken old system. If I was getting royally screwed then, I'm getting galactically screwed now?

This is a difference in opinion that I believe cannot be reconciled. In my opinion, NO ONE should die needlessly because some a$$hole wants new yacht.

Who wants a new yacht? Link?

interesting how the same people who scream " dont get involved in my private area" are the ones who want to ban women from controlling their own bodies

Well, that's not how that works. Some rich dude buying or not buying a yacht doesn't affect who dies and who doesn't.

interesting how the same people who scream " dont get involved in my private area are the ones who want to ban women from controlling their own bodies

And vice versa: Interesting how people who are against others controlling their bodies are ok with government doing just that.

And vice versa: Interesting how people who are against others controlling their bodies are ok with government doing just that.

not as interesting as the fact that you are are very liberal

not as interesting as the fact that you are are very liberal

I am very liberal, in the real meaning of the word. I'm not a libtard, as 99% of people who call themselves liberal are.

Yes, the sole purpose of insurance companies is to make money. Who told you that it's not?

They can make money, and keep Americans healthy. You have a point though, this goes to show private companies cannot set aside their desire to maximize profits even to keep someone's mother/father/grandmother/grandfather/daughter/son alive. This is a great reason to see how government does. Provided you think health care is for helping Americans stay healthy, not helping someone buy a new private jet.

interesting how the same people who scream " dont get involved in my private area" are the ones who want to ban women from controlling their own bodies

I have no problem with someone controlling her own body. Now when another body is involved, that's where things change.

They can make money, and keep Americans healthy. You have a point though, this goes to show private companies cannot set aside their desire to maximize profits even to keep someone's mother/father/grandmother/grandfather/daughter/son alive. This is a great reason to see how government does. Provided you think health care is for helping Americans stay healthy, not helping someone buy a new private jet.

I'm not arguing for or against insurance companies, but if they are who we get our health care funded through, and Obamacare doesn't change that, Americans need to realize that they are for-profit businesses. Making as much money as possible is their only goal. They don't care one bit about the health of American citizens.

Back
Top Bottom