• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Creepy Uncle Sam --- Opt Out of Obamacare

Actually I am Royally pissed off. I am getting hosed by Obama Nocare. I am losing my high deductible plan I had that I loved and was cheap. The great thing about it was there was NO copay after my deductible and all of my meds were paid for and the little things you normally get dinked for as well, was all covered. With that plan in my MSA I actually started to make money with my accumulated deductible earning enough interest to pay for the premium plus some extra. I cant find one even remotely like it now. I had very good coverage for a very inexpensive price. I am looking at my rates going up about 600% literally. I am back to paying for insurance. This sucks.

Just exactly where are you finding rates? The insurance companies I'm aware of will not be posting them until October 1st.

I'll also question that you had very good coverage for an inexpensive price. There's no such thing unless you're 22 years old. *shrug*

Just exactly where are you finding rates? The insurance companies I'm aware of will not be posting them until October 1st.

I'll also question that you had very good coverage for an inexpensive price. There's no such thing unless you're 22 years old. *shrug*

I had a very high deductible. The max you can get on an MSA. Currently 5900 or 6000 I have to check for sure. I am 39 and am in decent health and a cigar smoker. I have had a MSA from almost the beginning. I got a letter from the insurance company a while back saying they weren't continuing the policy. So I started shopping. My last policy was about 125 a month. Now I am trying to find out for next year and the estimates I am getting are outrageous. I haven't been able to get an actual quote just estimates.

This would get the same reaction from me if it was a big fat balding guy in a suit holding a cigar, taking a look at the patient.

It's a pretty silly video.

Actually I am Royally pissed off. I am getting hosed by Obama Nocare. I am losing my high deductible plan I had that I loved and was cheap. The great thing about it was there was NO copay after my deductible and all of my meds were paid for and the little things you normally get dinked for as well, was all covered. With that plan in my MSA I actually started to make money with my accumulated deductible earning enough interest to pay for the premium plus some extra. I cant find one even remotely like it now. I had very good coverage for a very inexpensive price. I am looking at my rates going up about 600% literally. I am back to paying for insurance. This sucks.

I just got done shopping for health insurance like a couple weeks ago. Every insurance company I talked to said it would not be until October when they would know how rates would be affected by Obamacare. I am highly skeptical of claims like the one you are making.

I had a very high deductible. The max you can get on an MSA. Currently 5900 or 6000 I have to check for sure. I am 39 and am in decent health and a cigar smoker. I have had a MSA from almost the beginning. I got a letter from the insurance company a while back saying they weren't continuing the policy. So I started shopping. My last policy was about 125 a month. Now I am trying to find out for next year and the estimates I am getting are outrageous. I haven't been able to get an actual quote just estimates.

By chance was your plan offered through your employer?

I just got done shopping for health insurance like a couple weeks ago. Every insurance company I talked to said it would not be until October when they would know how rates would be affected by Obamacare. I am highly skeptical of claims like the one you are making.

Bang your head and rattle their cage long enough, you can get "estimates" from them. I get OCD when I want something. They wont do a quote. Its put a crimp in my financial planning for next year. I am basically using the estimates till I can get firm figures.

By chance was your plan offered through your employer?

I have a MSA which I kept from when I was employed by someone other than myself. The plan was one I got a few years ago that was a bit more complete once the deductible was used. It was 100% coverage for everything after the deductible.

I disagree. People should not be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition. That defeats the entire purpose if you believe the purpose is to keep people healthy. On the other hand, if you think the purpose is to make money then yes, the old system was terrific

So people should be able to get insurance when they are already sick. That is like buying car insurance right after you wreck your car.

So people should be able to get insurance when they are already sick. That is like buying car insurance right after you got into a car wreck. It makes no business since at all to accept 100 risk.

So you subscribe to the idea that health care should be about making money, not keeping people healthy? Your simile is funny, but there's a big difference between the two. One of the two can be a matter of life and death.

So you subscribe to the idea that health care should be about making money, not keeping people healthy?

Providing people with healthcare services is about making money.

Your simile is funny, but there's a big difference between the two. One of the two can be a matter of life and death.

Why does that matter? It's a business and like all business they are in it for the money.

Unfortunately, in most cases it is. Regardless, you dodged my question.

I don't think there is anything unfortunate about it. Since they are the party providing people with services they have the right to get paid what they see fit. Yes, I subscribe to the idea that most people that start a business do so to better their condition, just like how most people get a job to better their condition or go to the doctor to receive healthcare treatment. I do not subscribe to the idea that most people do things because they're just out to help people. The healthcare industry provides people with healthcare services to make money and I see nothing wrong with that.

I don't think there is anything unfortunate about it. Since they are the party providing people with services they have the right to get paid what they see fit. Yes, I subscribe to the idea that most people that start a business do so to better their condition, just like how most people get a job to better their condition or go to the doctor to receive healthcare treatment. I do not subscribe to the idea that most people do things because they're just out to help people. The healthcare industry provides people with healthcare services to make money and I see nothing wrong with that.
The unfortunate part comes in when them making extra money comes at the cost of peoples loved ones. In my opinion, if the private insurance industry is not capable of being self sustaining, and fulfilling their obligations to customers then they aren't right for the job. Not treating peoples pre-existing conditions? That's people needlessly dying for the sake of profit. That's wrong, and there's no two ways around it.

Last edited:
Providing people with healthcare services is about making money.

Should it be? When should a nation ensure that it's citizens are healthy? Should the elimination of polio have been reserved to for-profit enterprises only?

Should it be? When should a nation ensure that it's citizens are healthy? Should the elimination of polio have been reserved to for-profit enterprises only?

Yes...

26,000 deaths a year ain't all that much. Besides, the population is getting way too high anyway, we need some control.

Yup population control on wall Street is really needed........

guilitine wall street.jpg

It was working better than after Obamacare. I'll take the so-called broken old system. If I was getting royally screwed then, I'm getting galactically screwed now?

The system hasn't even changed yet.

It's really simple. Greedy doctors have abused the system by ordering so many unnecessary tests and medications. Just like with the banks, when they are unregulated greed messes things up. The health care system has been abused, ergo there needs to be some kind of oversight to stop it. Of course right-wingers will whine about prrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiivacy but that's just too bad. It's like in third grade when all children of republicans mess up the electric pencil sharpener and the entire class loses electric sharpener privileges.

We need to stop being so concerned about cancer survival rates of the rich and care more if the poor can get even the most basic health care.

It's really simple. Greedy doctors have abused the system by ordering so many unnecessary tests and medications. Just like with the banks, when they are unregulated greed messes things up. The health care system has been abused, ergo there needs to be some kind of oversight to stop it. Of course right-wingers will whine about prrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiivacy but that's just too bad. It's like in third grade when all children of republicans mess up the electric pencil sharpener and the entire class loses electric sharpener privileges.

We need to stop being so concerned about cancer survival rates of the rich and care more if the poor can get even the most basic health care.

Think about the reasons (or at least some of them) the doctors order what turn out to be unnecessary tests.

People suing at the drop of a hat for failure/incorrectly diagnosing their problems.

Back
Top Bottom