• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Creepy Uncle Sam --- Opt Out of Obamacare

I have no problem with someone controlling her own body. Now when another body is involved, that's where things change.

but it is not libertarianism

it is not your business what the others's bodies are involved in

but it is not libertarianism

You're right....it's not part of the Libertarian Party platform to be pro-life. That's my only beef with them.

Yes they can go without customers, but can the people go without HC?

26,000 deaths a year from CEO greed is catalist for revolution and change.

Yet I have seen higher estimates for the number of people who die a year due to medical mistakes, so sometimes the cure does kill you.

People seem to be missing the point that you didn't have to buy health insurance prior to the ACA.

People used to put money aside for emergencies, made payment arrangements (and stuck to them) and other methods of receiving the health care they needed.

Now, people expect 'insurance' to pay for anything and everything, based on people paying into a pool that will be funded by people who didn't want insurance, or an increase in taxes/penalties/premiums.

It's a method of payment, not access to the actual care.

it is not your business what the others's bodies are involved in

I'm not getting into an abortion debate with you here, Medusa. Have a nice. day.

It was working better than after Obamacare. I'll take the so-called broken old system. If I was getting royally screwed then, I'm getting galactically screwed now?

That's easily to say if you don't care about people who have terminal pre-existing conditions.

LOL I wasn't being literal. You think people should die so someone who already makes millions can make a little more?

Who's dying? And what millionaire is making a little more from their death?

And how does Obamacare change it?

Well, that's not how that works. Some rich dude buying or not buying a yacht doesn't affect who dies and who doesn't.

That's right. He doesn't have to buy a yacht, hell he could just put the money in the bank.

Who's dying? And what millionaire is making a little more from their death?

I was going to dig up a stat until I remembered someone already presented one that you acknowledged. Apparently the 26,000 you said you were okay with.

I was going to dig up a stat until I remembered someone already presented one that you acknowledged. Apparently the 26,000 you said you were okay with.

There was no link posted though, that was a troll post, as 274ina is known for. Do you have a link?

And who made extra money from their deaths?

If what you say is true, how is Obamacare changing it?

Last edited:
There was no link posted though, that was a troll post, as 274ina is known for. Do you have a link?

And who made extra money from their deaths?

If what you say is true, how is Obamacare changing it?
Here's a link for the hell of it. Health insurance corruption - National US Intelligence | Examiner.com I thought it was common knowledge that insurance companies exploit legal loopholes to avoid giving people the coverage they paid for when they're dying. Obamacare doesn't allow insurance companies to deny people coverage for pre-existing conditions. In my opinion, people should not die because they were unlucky enough to get ill before buying their coverage. Apparently, you think that's okay? I say, fvck Obamacare, let's go single payer. Although, that's because I think health care should be about keeping people healthy. This is where we seem to disagree. I could only see advocating private insurance if you could eliminate their duty to maximize profits for shareholders.

Here's a link for the hell of it. Health insurance corruption - National US Intelligence | Examiner.com I thought it was common knowledge that insurance companies exploit legal loopholes to avoid giving people the coverage they paid for when they're dying. Obamacare doesn't allow insurance companies to deny people coverage for pre-existing conditions. In my opinion, people should not die because they were unlucky enough to get ill before buying their coverage. Apparently, you think that's okay? I say, fvck Obamacare, let's go single payer. Although, that's because I think health care should be about keeping people healthy. This is where we seem to disagree. I could only see advocating private insurance if you could eliminate their duty to maximize profits for shareholders.

Where do we disagree?

You say health care should be about keeping people healthy. Absolutely, I agree.

Health INSURANCE, however, is not about keeping people healthy. It is about making as much money as possible. And Obamacare doesn't change that, it gives Health Insurance more customers.

Where do we disagree?

You say health care should be about keeping people healthy. Absolutely, I agree.

Health INSURANCE, however, is not about keeping people healthy. It is about making as much money as possible. And Obamacare doesn't change that, it gives Health Insurance more customers.
Oh okay. My bad, I think of health insurance as a part of health care, so I should have made that more clear. I disagree, it doesn't have to be about making as much money as possible. It shouldn't in my opinion. Sure, it should be self sustaining, but making profits at the expense of people's loved ones? That's just plain sick. You're right that Obamacare doesn't eliminate the profit motive, but it does make it more difficult for insurance companies to screw people, no more denying people for pre-existing conditions, and I believe it eliminates many of the loopholes they use to let people, they promised coverage, die.

Last edited:
Accepting anyone, regardless of condition, defeats the purpose of INSURANCE.

Which is why healthcare should never have been covered by insurance in the first place.

Which is why healthcare should never have been covered by insurance in the first place.

I don't disagree. I think health care should be a cash only business for things like routine checkups, procedures, physicals, colds, etc., with a government system set up for catastrophic care.

This is just bad, wrong, misleading. Wrong!

Sure, there are plenty of reasons to criticize ACA, but this is just retarded.

Yes they can go without customers, but can the people go without HC?

26,000 deaths a year from CEO greed is catalist for revolution and change.

Where does that number come from?

Interesting how the same people who scream "Stay out of my uterus!!" are the same ones who want the government involved in every aspect of their health care. Creepy.

The govt is not, and will not, be "involved in every aspect of health care"

If the wingnuts had a genuine argument, they wouldn't have to tell lies.

I'm not arguing for or against insurance companies, but if they are who we get our health care funded through, and Obamacare doesn't change that, Americans need to realize that they are for-profit businesses. Making as much money as possible is their only goal. They don't care one bit about the health of American citizens.

So if US healthcare is run by insurance companies whose main goal is to make money and who don't care about the health of the American people, how is that a good healthcare system???

So if US healthcare is run by insurance companies whose main goal is to make money and who don't care about the health of the American people, how is that a good healthcare system???

Who said it is a good health care system?

Would you replace it with something new? Or do you think the old system of insurance companies royally screwing people was working?

Actually I am Royally pissed off. I am getting hosed by Obama Nocare. I am losing my high deductible plan I had that I loved and was cheap. The great thing about it was there was NO copay after my deductible and all of my meds were paid for and the little things you normally get dinked for as well, was all covered. With that plan in my MSA I actually started to make money with my accumulated deductible earning enough interest to pay for the premium plus some extra. I cant find one even remotely like it now. I had very good coverage for a very inexpensive price. I am looking at my rates going up about 600% literally. I am back to paying for insurance. This sucks.

I think he might be playing devils advocate. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom