• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crazy **** --- the World Trade Center would never have burned down

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
If we didn't remove incredibly powerful fire retardant asbestos & replace it with junk that doesn't work, the World Trade Center would never have burned down. - Donald Trump, 2012
Donald Trump is no stranger to conspiracy theories. Mother Jones recently reported some of Trump's thoughts on asbestos. The toxic material "got a bad rap," Trump wrote in his 1997 book The Art of the Comeback, adding that he believed the mafia was behind the asbestos removal frenzy because "mob-related companies" often were awarded the removal contracts.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trump-entertained-911-asbestos-conspiracy-theory-as-recently-as-2012/article/2003112

FFS how much stupid can this man get away with saying?

If we didn't remove incredibly powerful fire retardant asbestos & replace it with junk that doesn't work, the World Trade Center would never have burned down. - Donald Trump, 2012

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trump-entertained-911-asbestos-conspiracy-theory-as-recently-as-2012/article/2003112

As long as his popularity increases with dumb statements, he will keep getting away with it. He will likely keep makin dumb statements until they non longer favor his campaign, then he will switch to the next gimmick.

Well that's probably because a whole lot of CT's are Trump supporters.

It's crazy supporting crazy.

Donald Trump is no stranger to conspiracy theories. Mother Jones recently reported some of Trump's thoughts on asbestos. The toxic material "got a bad rap," ...

This is how far I got when I started thinking "Now what the heck does this remind me of?" I was honestly puzzled, kind of like an itch that you can't scratch, you know? My first thought was about lead, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone question its toxic properties in the last couple of decades. Then I thought about CFCs, and there were obviously vocal doubters of their negative consequences for a long time - probably still are - but that wasn't the itch. I considered greenhouse gasses only in passing, for a laugh, because that's far too obvious an example of CT science denial to have been what bugged me.

I'll admit that the irony was a little gratifying, but I was honestly surprised when I realized the substance I was thinking of: There's some folk out there who actually think that DDT has been falsely demonized, perhaps as part of some conspiracy to depopulate the planet.
(Thread) Environmentalist Genocide: How the Ban on DDT Caused 50 Million Malaria Deaths Worldw

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom