• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Craziest thing I've ever read

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
21 Stylish Men's Swimsuits for Under $100

What guy would EVER spend $100 on a swim suit? What's wrong with the 2 for $20 at Kohls. Has anyone ever said "Gee, that guy is wearing a nice pair of trunks!"? It doesn't happen and besides, if you ever run into a woman who says "Nice Vercace trunks" you can't afford her.

What guy would EVER spend $100 on a swim suit? What's wrong with the 2 for $20 at Kohls. Has anyone ever said "Gee, that guy is wearing a nice pair of trunks!"? It doesn't happen and besides, if you ever run into a woman who says "Nice Vercace trunks" you can't afford her.

I think they're probably for Fire Island and Coconut Grove people.

There are plenty out there with plenty of money and little smarts, some asshat will buy these by the gross.

That's consumerism for you, always innovating to make that extra buck, and when innovation is exhausted, it just robs you blind with a fancy sticker on it.

I've never understood paying hundreds of dollars for a pair of gym shoes (otherwise known as sneakers, tennis shoes, "air jordans") or any other consumer good, but some people will always think that price is an indicator of actual value.

Real men don't shop at Kohls.

ever the contrarian; here goes

to me, it is at least as crazy to gripe about what people are willing to pay for the things they want

i'm cheap. no way i'm shelling out for a rolex, when a seiko keeps just as good time. but for others, it's a babe magnet and worth it. or it's an investment - and might be worth it. or it's a confidence booster; and if they are willing to pay the price, it's worth it

what pisses me off is that i wasted my time looking at near two dozen photos of mens' bathing suits. what straight guy does that? well, now i did ... no thanks to you

Not when there's Bass Pro Shop. ;)

If I can't get it at Target, I hold my nose and get it at Walmart. Sucks not having K-Mart close, and being in Georgia now, I really miss Meijers(which is Walmart prices with Target's nice clean, friendly stores...Walmart has never done as well in Michigan because people simply prefer Meijers).

They do when it's the closest store between work and home. Besides, it shares a parking lot with Home Depot.:lol:

Based on that, I suppose it is barely allowable.

If a $100 swimsuit is the craziest thing you have heard of then this...will...blow...your...mind. :)

That's consumerism for you, always innovating to make that extra buck, and when innovation is exhausted, it just robs you blind with a fancy sticker on it.

If as a consumer you're impressed by fancy stickers thats on you.

Its definitely not " robbery ".

Nothing the Japanese do blows my mind anymore.

Should be noted that Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is considered extremely weird in Japan. And she really is no weirder than, say, Lady Gaga.

love the suits....love them :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom