• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crayons Ready to Eat are finally here — good news if you’re a Marine

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...rimes-officials-say/ar-BB1e1lbX?ocid=msedgntp
Over the years U.S. Marines have inexplicably come to be dubbed Crayon Eaters. This, as Marine websites are quick to explain, is because they’re known, jokingly, as the dumbest branch of the military. Already endowed with numerous other epithets implying less-than-stellar intellect, according to Task & Purpose, U.S. Marines only recently acquired the crayon-eater moniker.

Crayons Ready to Eat are finally here — good news if you’re a Marine (msn.com)

So....I have to ask; what flavor is that ugly carnation pink crayon?

This is the first I ever heard about "crayon eaters".

Reactions: Bum
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...rimes-officials-say/ar-BB1e1lbX?ocid=msedgntp
Over the years U.S. Marines have inexplicably come to be dubbed Crayon Eaters. This, as Marine websites are quick to explain, is because they’re known, jokingly, as the dumbest branch of the military. Already endowed with numerous other epithets implying less-than-stellar intellect, according to Task & Purpose, U.S. Marines only recently acquired the crayon-eater moniker.

The problem is Crayola offers crayons in a Raw Sienna, and a Burnt Sienna, but most Marines prefer a medium Sienna - with condiments, of course. Preferably BBQ or steak sauce. They've also offered a Macaroni and Cheese color since '93. That's enough for a meal in the field.

This is the first I ever heard about "crayon eaters".

My brother who was in the Army is fond of using that moniker for the Marines. I just call them Bat Shit insane. It is fairly recent. Wasn't much of a thing when I worked for the DOD. Apparently it was popularized just after I left the DOD and my brother joined the Army. I think it comes from comparisons of them to children who eat crayons, paste, and glue, on occasion. USMC, Uncle Sams Misfit Children was a thing when I worked with them. Misfits and children could very much be understatements because everytime I worked with them something went boom, they really like their booms.

A Marine would say something very politically incorrect and absolutely family unfriendly about the qualities of the crayon its flavor and its relation to the anatomy of a mammal.

I was in Phuket, Thailand once when a US military ship came in for liberty. These guys were gulf war vets and hadn't had a holiday in a long time. A huge swarm of Navy and Marines soon enveloped the bar area. I was sitting in a pub, drinking a beer, I bought a few beers for some Navy guys and we talked. Soon, we saw a Marine successfully propositioned by a katooey, a Thai lady-boy, aka, a "woman" with big hands and an adams apple. I pointed this out to the Navy guys, their response "yeah, the Marines are too stupid and too horny to figure out what they are getting into..."

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential

Back
Top Bottom