• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Craigs list

Skateguy

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Just to see what would happen, I posted a ad on Craigs list.
I stated I wanted no funny business, and no hookers. Just somebody my age to hang with and to Skate with. I got a flood of responses from every Hooker on the planet it seems. Some could not be more than 20 years old judging by their explicit pictures, that revealed more than I actually wanted to see. Finding a real honest Women on line, is worse than a crap shoot. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I stated I wanted no funny business, and no hookers. Just somebody my age to hang with and to Skate with. I got a flood of responses from every Hooker on the planet it seems. Some could not be more than 20 years old judging by their explicit pictures, that revealed more than I actually wanted to see. Finding a real honest Women on line, is worse than a crap shoot. :mrgreen:

You just have to go to the right places.

Go to Adult Friend Finder. I use them and Bondage.com when I just want to find folks to play with and ****. AFF can range from 'vanilla' folks to some fetishes too. Bondage.com is pretty much BDSM folks though.

It is definitely possible to find an honest man or woman online, just have to weed through all the wackos as well.

I would advise using sites other then craigslist. I have only used it to buy a Nintendo DS and nothing more. I went to my local "relationships" section and it's all people warning others about "X is a cheating whore with herpes!" It's kinda fun if you're bored and want to get a good laugh.

Craig's list is a great place to buy or sell household stuff...not so much to find the love of your life.

I agree, Craig's list isn't a place to find a "relationship", however, from your post history Skateguy, I'd say it's a great place for you to meet wimmen!

As far as meeting quality women online, yes it can be done, but it's difficult. I'd also venture so far as to say that it's even more difficult for a woman to meet a quality guy online. From my experience, the women on dating sites seem to be much more honest and forthcoming than the masses of men. And maybe that's just because of the sheer volume. Anyone who's spent time online knows that men far and above outweigh women so odds of running across freaks and jerks goes up exponentially.

My wife and I actually met on yahoo personals. And we celebrate our 3rd anniversary at the end of this month. So it can be done.

It can most definitely be done. My husband and I met online (not through personals, but online). Valentines day we celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary.

Yeah, I agree with people who like CL for anything but the personals. I think it's popular because it's free. I've never used it before, but if I was absolutely serious about finding my significant other, I'd just bite the bullet and cough up a few bucks for eHarmony or match or one of those other ones that actually go the extra mile to make sure you don't get a dud, but at a price.

Craigslist is a way for a gay guy to get a quick hookup with some young stud in a motel 'somewhere in town', and get a preview of his package for free! :lol:

I got accused once, on DP, of picking up underage boys on Craigslist. Before that accusation led me to look and see what the guy was talking about as I had never even been to Craigslist at all prior to that. Since then, I have bought some speakers, a set of tires and a desk from Craigslist. I have also seen just how sexually depraved the anonymity of the internet makes gay men. And you straight people have nothing to feel uppity about either when it comes to Craigslist.

It is good for a laugh though.

One of my boyfriends was from the internet. We were together for a year and got along great. We didn't meet through craigslist though, that's for sure. Myself and pretty much anyone I know is well aware that the craigslist dating section is one of the most depraved places on the internet.

But yeah, their site is great for getting used furniture. I bought my DSLR camera through there, and discovered some cool events in my city.

I just hope that craigslist keeps up its non-ad policy, unlike kijiji which is a piece of garbage run by ebay. Once Craig dies, it will probably go to the corporate dogs.

I do not find CL any worse than any of the other free dating sites. Just as bad as AFF and plenty of fish.

I would advise using sites other then craigslist. I have only used it to buy a Nintendo DS and nothing more. I went to my local "relationships" section and it's all people warning others about "X is a cheating whore with herpes!" It's kinda fun if you're bored and want to get a good laugh.

Funny Enough, at 3am when there are no calls and nobody is on the road for us to harrass, a buddy of mine looks at Craigslist ads on his blackberry and reads them out to me for the shock value of some of the **** that people are asking for on there in the relationships arena.

Funny Enough, at 3am when there are no calls and nobody is on the road for us to harrass, a buddy of mine looks at Craigslist ads on his blackberry and reads them out to me for the shock value of some of the **** that people are asking for on there in the relationships arena.

Shock value. That's a perfect description of CL.

LOL

finding the real woman among all the pictures of what the overweight/lonely/fugly/pathetic women want you to think they look like might be hard. I agree.

Just like trying to find a 900 sex worker who's really sexy and actually wearing those fish-net stockings and nothing else.

Last edited:
Heck, I find lots of honest women online. Of course, I am already happily married so I'm not looking for any other relationships, and they may or may not be married as well, but I find many women with which I click just fine.

Seems to me that looking at a meat market for an actual relationship might not be the best way to go.

Caine said:

Yeah, I noticed that one too. I saw one ad from this black woman who said she was well-educated and boasted herself up. Then she listed all her demands.

Among them were: male, black, good-paying job, well-educated, never been in prison, and a handful of others. I was thinking to myself you'd have a problem finding ANY man that fits that criteria, let alone a black man. I've seen a Tyra Banks talk show before, discussing why there's a shortage of "good black men" in the world. Apparently this woman wants to date Denzel Washington in L.L. Cool J's body.

I get that nobody is looking for a frumpy, dumpy loser. But when you force yourself into a corner that much with qualities in another, especially on CL, it's really hard to take you seriously.

I bought a nice electric trolling motor off of Craigslist today!

Yeah, I noticed that one too. I saw one ad from this black woman who said she was well-educated and boasted herself up. Then she listed all her demands.

Among them were: male, black, good-paying job, well-educated, never been in prison, and a handful of others. I was thinking to myself you'd have a problem finding ANY man that fits that criteria, let alone a black man. I've seen a Tyra Banks talk show before, discussing why there's a shortage of "good black men" in the world. Apparently this woman wants to date Denzel Washington in L.L. Cool J's body.

I get that nobody is looking for a frumpy, dumpy loser. But when you force yourself into a corner that much with qualities in another, especially on CL, it's really hard to take you seriously.

Are you really gonna complain about this? I have read how picky you are and you a problem with this BLACK woman? Why does it matter to you? I mean you are pretty much the same way with all your crap you expect!

Also your post is RACIST!

Last edited:
Are you really gonna complain about this? I have read how picky you are and you a problem with this BLACK woman? Why does it matter to you? I mean you are pretty much the same way with all your crap you expect!

Also your post is RACIST!

Oh lord............:slapme:

Pretty easy to set her off, isn't it...

Shut your piehole and buy me a beer!! Oh wait you are probably tooooo cheap for That! lol

I give you beer, you give me head. That's the deal.

I'll treat you like I treat a handful of 17 year old girls I've known.

Heck, I find lots of honest women online. Of course, I am already happily married so I'm not looking for any other relationships, and they may or may not be married as well, but I find many women with which I click just fine.

Hah! It seems that being married makes men very attractive to women.:mrgreen: I have a female friend who informed me that if I ever decide to throw my husband away, she knows 20 women who will be digging in my garbage to find him.:D She truly is a good friend to both of us, and I got a really good laugh out of her frankness and honesty. It's a good thing that I'm not an insecure woman.

Back
Top Bottom