• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crackheads, bums and hookers rule Washington Square Park

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just three weeks before NYU’s newest class moves into the area, a group of junkies and crackheads has turned a leafy pathway in Washington Square Park into an open-air drug den — and the NYPD is doing nothing about it.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/04/crackheads-bums-and-hookers-have-taken-over-washington-square-park/

Between BLM, and DeBlasio....NYC is screwed....

A few more transients than normal... yeah, I'm not too concerned. It used to be theatrics and performers there, I guess that wasn't paying well enough.

But there was also a fully nude body painting earlier this year. It's a pretty stable community down by Bleecker st. Just gonna let their freak flag fly until they get arrested, I guess.

A few more transients than normal... yeah, I'm not too concerned. It used to be theatrics and performers there, I guess that wasn't paying well enough.

But there was also a fully nude body painting earlier this year. It's a pretty stable community down by Bleecker st. Just gonna let their freak flag fly until they get arrested, I guess.

Hold on to your hat, the rev/cost curve of the NYC Public sector has gotten insane, and unsustainable even if everything was going swimmingly for the crooks on Wall Street...which it ain't.

The mayor and the gov are writing checks that the citizens will not be able to cash.

And dont expect anymore 9/11 sympathy checks, that well ran dry.

The money trees are diseased.

It's WAKE UP TIME!

Have Fun!

:caution:

Last edited:
Between BLM, and DeBlasio....NYC is screwed....

I'm 46 and grew up in that area. I was a little pothead growing up and I use to go there30 yes ago to cop weed. The rule then was get what you wanted outside of the park but don't go inside of it unless you wanted to get mugged. That's how Washington square park has always been. I'm not defending the mayor but that has always been that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the 'Newest Threads' forum sidebar, the thread title was truncated to this:

"Crackheads, bums and hookers rule ... "

Expecting perhaps a first-hand account of a night's (or lost weekend's) debauchery, I anxiously clicked on the thread to see its contents!

I was disappointed ...

I'm 46 and grew up in that area. I was a little pothead growing up and I use to go there30 yes ago to cop weed. The rule then was get what you wanted outside of the park but don't go inside of it unless you wanted to get mugged. That's how Washington square park has always been. I'm not defending the mayor but that has always been that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have first hand knowledge of what the situation was when Rudy Giuliani ran the show, because I gotta say, I dont see him being as laissez faire as all that......

LOL. When Guiliani was Mayor of NYC to help lower NYC's crime rate he pushed through some of the toughest gun control laws in the country. The conservatives hated his guts.

But because now Rudy is endorsing Trump, those same cons, those same people who would love to arm everyone with Bazookas, the Trumpbots, they now love Rudy.

You can't make this stuff up.

LOL. When Guiliani was Mayor of NYC to help lower NYC's crime rate he pushed through some of the toughest gun control laws in the country. The conservatives hated his guts.

But because now Rudy is endorsing Trump, those same cons, those same people who would love to arm everyone with Bazookas, the Trumpbots, they now love Rudy.

You can't make this stuff up.

Kindly stick to the subject, you can fantasize on your Trump Hate on your own time.

Rudy took the crime index from 1,010,176 to 556,025.

That was pretty awesome.

Ya Know?

I DO.

New York Crime Rates 1960 - 2014

Kindly stick to the subject, you can fantasize on your Trump Hate on your own time.

Rudy took the crime index from 1,010,176 to 556,025.

That was pretty awesome.

Ya Know?

I DO.

New York Crime Rates 1960 - 2014

Very awesome. Fact is though he did some of it by pushing very harsh, restrictive gun control laws. How would that fly now with you Trumpbots?

How would that fly now with you Trumpbots?

You are aware that Trump is in favor of more gun controll. He is Hillary lite on that front.

I would hope his supporters are also aware of that.

Although I feel both camps have a lot of supporters who know nothing of their candidates policies. They just know they are not the other person and that's good enough for them.

You are aware that Trump is in favor of more gun controll. He is Hillary lite on that front.

I would hope his supporters are also aware of that.

Although I feel both camps have a lot of supporters who know nothing of their candidates policies. They just know they are not the other person and that's good enough for them.

Q: Are there any circumstances that you think we should be limiting gun sales of any kind in America?

TRUMP: No. I am a 2nd amendment person. If we had guns in California on the other side where the bullets went in the different direction, you wouldn't have 14 or 15 people dead right now. If even in Paris, if they had guns on the other side, going in the opposite direction, you wouldn't have 130 people plus dead. So the answer is no and what Jeb said is absolutely correct.

Source: Fox Business 2016 Republican 2-tier debate , Jan 14, 2016

To be fair though Trump's position on guns, like his other positions probably changes daily.

But his and Clinton's position is just talk right now. Giuliani actually pushed through some of the toughest gun control laws in the country. He did the deed.

So I'll ask again. How would that fly NOW if Giuliani was pushing through tough gun control laws? Or if Rudy wasn't endorsing Trump would he be a favorite of the Trumpbots?

No need to answer. I already know.

Do you have first hand knowledge of what the situation was when Rudy Giuliani ran the show, because I gotta say, I dont see him being as laissez faire as all that......
Koch was mayor when i lived there. I dont if Giuliani cleaned up the park or not but i would be surprised if he did. That area was pretty peaceful in general and there was always an unspoken understanding between the people and the police there. We would openly buy pot out in the open and walk down the side walk smoking a joint as we passed by cops walking the opposite direction. If you were not causing trouble tjey did not care what you were doing. Ild be shocked to learn that has changed.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Koch was mayor when i lived there. I dont if Giuliani cleaned up the park or not but i would be surprised if he did. That area was pretty peaceful in general and there was always an unspoken understanding between the people and the police there. We would openly buy pot out in the open and walk down the side walk smoking a joint as we passed by cops walking the opposite direction. If you were not causing trouble tjey did not care what you were doing. Ild be shocked to learn that has changed.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It's always been like that there. Koch, Giuliani, now.

This is just more partisan nonsense. The guy running NYC now has a (D) after his name so of course right wing says its worse now than it was when the guy with an (R) after his name ran NYC. Even though when the guy with the (R) was cleaning up NYC some of the methods he used was hated by most conservatives then. Imagine de Blasio started pushing through more gun control like Giuliani did? The RW's heads would explode.

But Washington Square Park was always pretty much the same.

It concerns me more that Washinton DC is run by crackheads, bums, and whores.

Back
Top Bottom