• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cowboys Playoff Run

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I just heard on ESPN that Dallas has not won an away playoff game since January 1993……….

They are only -2.5 points favored.

What say you, X?

This is a tough one. You would expect Brady to step it up in the playoffs. The problem is the Bucs stink. I think Dallas is gonna break through with a win. If they don't then it's hello Sean Payton unless the Chargers lose then maybe not. I'm rooting for both Charger and Cowboy wins so my Broncos at least have a chance at Payton.

I just heard on ESPN that Dallas has not won an away playoff game since January 1993……….

They are only -2.5 points favored.

What say you, X?

Suffering Cowboys fan here and I have a really bad feeling about this game. I've noticed that in the McCarthy era, there will be stretches of 4 or 5 games when it looks like the Cowboys could go deep in the playoffs, and then they'll have a game when they just look completely flat and unprepared. The first game against the Bucs was a classic example. The game against SF last year in the playoffs is another. They also have a bad tendency to play down to their level of competition. I also worry that the speculation of where McCarthy's going and where Dan Quinn's going is going to distract from their focus.

Beyond that, Dak Prescott has made at least one big mistake in each of his last 5, 6, 7? games. He throws way too many picks and is not making good decisions with the ball in critical situations. Dallas absolutely has the talent to beat Tampa Bay, but Brady is going to have that team fired up to play their asses off and they're capable of taking Dallas. They will need a big game from their defense, to put the pressure on an aging Brady and force him to run and possibly make mistakes of his own.

I have been a Prescott fan since Mississippi State. He gets a bad rap and has been called the alternative Kirk Cousins.

Dallas wins this one. 'Maybe' convincingly.

Might send you a message during the game. Ha ha. Really looking forward to it! My wife and I have tickets.
Enjoy TT! I really don't have a dog in this fight, other than a monetary interest. My 'prediction' is coming from a gambler's perspective. A pretty sizeable wager on Dallas, who quite honestly, I am not a major fan of because I think Jerry Jones is one of the worst owners in the league. That, and TB just hasn't been able to score this season. Both teams have excellent defenses; Dallas has a better offense, especially in the running game. I'm sensing the K-Boyz finally put it all together in a game that matters. By the way, I paid the extra 10% juice, and bought the 2 1/2 point spread down to minus 2 --- So Dallas will almost assuredly win one one point. --- lol ---

Cowboys haven't lost two in a row all season. Plus, something has to give eventually with this drought of losing road playoff games and winless versus Brady......

Gotta go with Tommy. I think Dallas is a better overall team, hard to argue against that but I’d like to Tom put some more magic together. But I wouldn’t bet on it.

Enjoy TT! I really don't have a dog in this fight, other than a monetary interest. My 'prediction' is coming from a gambler's perspective. A pretty sizeable wager on Dallas, who quite honestly, I am not a major fan of because I think Jerry Jones is one of the worst owners in the league. That, and TB just hasn't been able to score this season. Both teams have excellent defenses; Dallas has a better offense, especially in the running game. I'm sensing the K-Boyz finally put it all together in a game that matters. By the way, I paid the extra 10% juice, and bought the 2 1/2 point spread down to minus 2 --- So Dallas will almost assuredly win one one point. --- lol ---
All Grins! You underestimate the effect of my wife’s psyche and cheering! She has loved Tom Brady for decades. I did not like the guy until he came to Tampa Bay.

Hard to argue against Tom but he doesn't have the team behind him he once had

All Grins! You underestimate the effect of my wife’s psyche and cheering! She has loved Tom Brady for decades. I did not like the guy until he came to Tampa Bay.
When I used to own a few pizza franchises back in the day when TB won SB XXXVII against Oakland with Gruden, my favorite female manager of one of the stores was/is a rabid fan of the Bucs. Grew up near Clearwater. Hard working gal, and a joy to be around for everyone. I surprised her with flight, hotel accommodations, 2 tickets, some spending money, and off she went on her dream vacation of a lifetime. Came back all aglow. You and the Mrs. have a great time tonight, TT. And should things not go my way with the wager, I hope you guys make it to the SB again. I'll be downstairs in my man cave playing 'Pinbot' ( my favorite pinball machine ), and licking my wounds. -lol -----

SF is only a 4 point favorite. I expected the line to be set at closer to a TD. Interesting.

When I used to own a few pizza franchises back in the day when TB won SB XXXVII against Oakland with Gruden, my favorite female manager of one of the stores was/is a rabid fan of the Bucs. Grew up near Clearwater. Hard working gal, and a joy to be around for everyone. I surprised her with flight, hotel accommodations, 2 tickets, some spending money, and off she went on her dream vacation of a lifetime. Came back all aglow. You and the Mrs. have a great time tonight, TT. And should things not go my way with the wager, I hope you guys make it to the SB again. I'll be downstairs in my man cave playing 'Pinbot' ( my favorite pinball machine ), and licking my wounds. -lol -----
My Monday went extremely well until I got home about 6pm. Luck began to change! Expected to leave right away with my wife to the Cowboys v. Bucs night game. Paused when I couldn’t find my wallet. Turns out I left it in a Beach restaurant, opposite direction from the stadium. Retrieved the wallet and still made it to the game on time. The Bucs played four quarters of terrible football! Small cheers for: 1. Cowboys kicker Brett Maher missing four PATs and 2. at least the Bucs lost by less points (17, against Cowboys) than the Seahawks (18, against 49’ers).

Goodbye Tom Brady! Thanks for the Bucs 2nd Super Bowl Ring! At this point in his life, IMO, not much need to prove his worth as a QB.

The earlier good news included blood test results: dropped my A1C from 10.9 to 5.7. Woo Hoo!

My Monday went extremely well until I got home about 6pm. Luck began to change! Expected to leave right away with my wife to the Cowboys v. Bucs night game. Paused when I couldn’t find my wallet. Turns out I left it in a Beach restaurant, opposite direction from the stadium. Retrieved the wallet and still made it to the game on time. The Bucs played four quarters of terrible football! Small cheers for: 1. Cowboys kicker Brett Maher missing four PATs and 2. at least the Bucs lost by less points (17, against Cowboys) than the Seahawks (18, against 49’ers).

Goodbye Tom Brady! Thanks for the Bucs 2nd Super Bowl Ring! At this point in his life, IMO, not much need to prove his worth as a QB.

The earlier good news included blood test results: dropped my A1C from 10.9 to 5.7. Woo Hoo!
Like most gamblers, I won't divulge the amount of the "sizeable wager" I mentioned up thread I made on the Cowboys last nite, but my system had the K-Boys with an astounding 86% chance of covering the -2/1/2 spread, which is about as high as my system has ever had any wager to be a winning wager, TT. Suffice it to say my wallet is considerably fatter after the game than before the game --- and very little sweating the bet, as you can personally attest to. --lol --

As a “first person eye witness”, I can confirm Cowboys kicker Bret Maher missed 4 PATs in Monday Night’s Wildcard game against the Bucs.

Last night, my wife announced the Cowboys signed a new kicker. She texted me a photo. Can anyone confirm this?

792C0865-E4BC-4A10-A8A9-90F3B1CAC188.jpeg

As long as the Cowboys are winning, my dad is happy.

As a Texans fan, I've long lost hope of ever reaching the playoffs again. We'll need Jesus on our team if we wanna go that far again.

Back
Top Bottom