• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cow 'emissions' more damaging to planet than CO2 from cars

DeeJayH

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Independent Online Edition > Environment
A United Nations report has identified the world's rapidly growing herds of cattle as the greatest threat to the climate, forests and wildlife

The 400-page report by the Food and Agricultural Organisation, entitled Livestock's Long Shadow, also surveys the damage done by sheep, chickens, pigs and goats. But in almost every case, the world's 1.5 billion cattle are most to blame. Livestock are responsible for 18 per cent of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, more than cars, planes and all other forms of transport put together.
chew on that you global warming chicken littles
looks like we need to kill all the cattle :roll:

They must be stopped before they destroy the planet.

maybe 26X and some of the others who worry about so much-from smoking to guns-will demand that the government force farmers to put activated charcoal filtered panties on the cows:mrgreen:

:lamo oh to actually buy this as proof of anything :lamo
Here's the thing DJ, cows are domesticated animals, hence still falling within - anthropogenic causes. Better stop eating that beef.:lamo

Here's the thing DJ, cows are domesticated animals, hence still falling within - anthropogenic causes. Better stop eating that beef.:lamo

What? Stop eating beef?! How will that solve the problem? We need to get to the source of this problem and eat as much as we can! I've been trying for years, but I'm only one man!

Of these activities fossil fuel combustion for energy generation causes about 70-75% of the carbon dioxide emissions, being the main source of carbon dioxide emissions.

Transportation doesn't cause very much CO2 output, but fossil fuel combustion does. Is that a natural event?

What? Stop eating beef?! How will that solve the problem? We need to get to the source of this problem and eat as much as we can! I've been trying for years, but I'm only one man!

:rofl yeah like when Ron White said something like, "My friend's a vegetarian and always complains about the environment. 'Cows release methane which is a main cause of global warming. What are you doing to help the environment, Ron?'" Ron replied, "I'm eating the cows". If you've seen that you know what I mean.

maybe 26X and some of the others who worry about so much-from smoking to guns-will demand that the government force farmers to put activated charcoal filtered panties on the cows:mrgreen:

:shock: who the **** thinks of putting panties on cows

Damn those bovines. We need legislation to prevent cowpoop immediately.
I call on those in power (democrats) to personally physically alleviate the suffering of Gaia with rubber gloves and trashbags.

Good luck.

cowpoop.JPG

Damn yous bovines damn yous!

so you dispute the facts as put forth by this report
that cattle put out more green house gases than all machines of transportation put together?
or are you so blinded by your BS that you can not see the reasoning of this
either way, it makes you a twit

:lamo that's another way of ridding the problem lol:lamo

I support a tax on beef just as a tax on gasoline, cows are insidious to our environment and that should be reflected in the price of beef. I'm proud to say I rarely eat beef, I get most of my protein from soy.

:rofl yeah like when Ron White said something like, "My friend's a vegetarian and always complains about the environment. 'Cows release methane which is a main cause of global warming. What are you doing to help the environment, Ron?'" Ron replied, "I'm eating the cows". If you've seen that you know what I mean.
I don't know why you brought such stupidity into the thread, his logic is inane and insane, his demand for beef drives the survival of domesticated cows because people want his money, therefore they will produce more cows to extract money from customers, therefore no cow feces.

I don't know why you guys find this issue silly, cows are damaging our environment. It's very real threat.

Damn it, you caught me! Yeah I got that idea from Ron. Funny guy.

I support a tax on beef just as a tax on gasoline, cows are insidious to our environment and that should be reflected in the price of beef. I'm proud to say I rarely eat beef, I get most of my protein from soy.
I'm not going to dignify that with a response.

I don't know why you brought such stupidity into the thread, his logic is inane and insane, his demand for beef drives the survival of domesticated cows because people want his money, therefore they will produce more cows to extract money from customers, therefore no cow feces.
Hence the joke

"wind and manure emit more than one third of emissions "

Perhaps some some legislation limiting congressional and senatorial speeches should be in order as well.

that cattle put out more green house gases than all machines of transportation put together?
WHat BS is that? That the causes of the warming are anthropogenic in origin?
look at your own report, cattle are domestic animals and represent what we as humans are contributing.
I'm not arguing the points made in the article, but rather that your deluding yourself into thinking that because cows are farting into the atmosphere that some how we as humans are not responsible.
This very article you've posted only reaffirms further that we are contributing more and more to global warming through our various actions.
Perhaps if you read the article, instead of cut and paste the title alone, you would've seen that drive home point that was made in the article.
So what I'm saying is thanks for realizing the impact we humans are making on the environment as opposed to the normal gibberish that comes from the apologetic right.

WHat BS is that? That the causes of the warming are anthropogenic in origin?
look at your own report, cattle are domestic animals and represent what we as humans are contributing.
I'm not arguing the points made in the article, but rather that your deluding yourself into thinking that because cows are farting into the atmosphere that some how we as humans are not responsible.
This very article you've posted only reaffirms further that we are contributing more and more to global warming through our various actions.
Perhaps if you read the article, instead of cut and paste the title alone, you would've seen that drive home point that was made in the article.
So what I'm saying is thanks for realizing the impact we humans are making on the environment as opposed to the normal gibberish that comes from the apologetic right.
Is the topic starter trying to suggest humans are not responsible because cows emit a large percentage of CO2 emissions?? If so...

:2funny:

Is the topic starter trying to suggest humans are not responsible because cows emit a large percentage of CO2 emissions?? If so...

:2funny:
seems like it otherwise he wouldn't have bolded "Livestock are responsible for 18 per cent of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, more than cars, planes and all other forms of transport put together."
or later followed up with
DeeJayH said:
chew on that you global warming chicken littles looks like we need to kill all the cattle :roll:

I guess he failed to realize that we are the ones that raise livestock? This even after I brought up the suggestion to him in my first response.
But hey, at least they're reading such literature - though sadly missing the main points because of that weird twisted method of selecting out only certain points.

You sir, are a selfish bastard. Not everyone can afford soy, and beef is all some people can afford.

Synch said:

The alleged stupidity brought into this thread must have come in with you, because it was a perfectly reasonable discussion before that. Do you ever watch TV? Probably not, because TV emissions are actually responsible for .000000004% of global warming (source: http://www.synchisamoron.org). Do you know who Ron White is? He's a comedian. A mother-f**king COMEDIAN!

Synch said:
I don't know why you guys find this issue silly, cows are damaging our environment. It's very real threat.

What do you think would happen without beef? People would starve. You propose we just eliminate it? Because there are other ways of helping the environment, start by going to Web Page Under Construction.

Did you not see my other post? Probably not, so I'll post it again for you, with some additions:

Of these activities fossil fuel combustion for energy generation causes about 70-75% of the carbon dioxide emissions, being the main source of carbon dioxide emissions.

Carbon dioxide

1000yr_change.jpg

Did you not see my other post? Probably not, so I'll post it again for you, with some additions:
I don't think that he even bothered to read his own source - seems that he thinks domesticated livestock is somehow "natural" and has nothing to do with human involvement.

You sir, are a selfish bastard. Not everyone can afford soy, and beef is all some people can afford.

The alleged stupidity brought into this thread must have come in with you, because it was a perfectly reasonable discussion before that. Do you ever watch TV? Probably not, because TV emissions are actually responsible for .000000004% of global warming (source: http://www.synchisamoron.org). Do you know who Ron White is? He's a comedian. A mother-f**king COMEDIAN!

What do you think would happen without beef? People would starve. You propose we just eliminate it? Because there are other ways of helping the environment, start by going to Web Page Under Construction.
You do understand that Synch was mocking right?

Back
Top Bottom