• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid: Yes or no?

Have you had Covid or has anyone in your immediate family?

• Yes, I've had it and/or someone in my immediate family has.

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • No, I've not had it and no one in my immediate family has.

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters

Artymoon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My intent is not for this to turn into a shouting match and this is not a badge of honor thing either way. Also, I'm not arguing the politics of the vaccine. Obviously there are a ton of caveats that could be used for choices. I was just curious to see the extent of the spread of Covid using a simple poll and DP as a sample. Votes are not displayed publicly.

I have had Covid along with 2 of my immediate family members.

Nah, we've been careful, grabbed the vax ASAP and masked up before then. No COVID here, even though I've been traveling, working and interacting with humans all throughout the epidemic.

Luckily my entire family has been careful (except my younger son who I had to make get vaccinated) and we have avoided it. I have had multiple friends catch it though.

My intent is not for this to turn into a shouting match and this is not a badge of honor thing either way. Also, I'm not arguing the politics of the vaccine. Obviously there are a ton of caveats that could be used for choices. I was just curious to see the extent of the spread of Covid using a simple poll and DP as a sample. Votes are not displayed publicly.

Not me but immediate family
ive lost count at this time but i know like 15+ people who have had it and 5+ are no longer with us

Not so far, neither my wife, neither of any member of our family, neither any of our friends or neighbors, literally NO ONE I know personally, and while this thread wants this to remain apolitical, let me add: EVERYONE I know has been vaccinated, we ALL mask up in public, and we don't go out into large crowds, but enjoy the simple things in life, like walks, backyard BBQs with limited number of people, and watching the sunset.

I also live in a city of about 150,000 people that as of last count has 4 recorded cases and none in ICU.
Canada, eh?

Neither I, nor my wife, has ever had it to the best of our knowledge (we could have been infected but were asymptomatic). My daughter and her husband had it but only with mild symptoms. There have been others in my extended family that had it but not a one of them required hospitalization.

Not so far, neither my wife, neither of any member of our family, neither any of our friends or neighbors, literally NO ONE I know personally, and while this thread wants this to remain apolitical, let me add: EVERYONE I know has been vaccinated, we ALL mask up in public, and we don't go out into large crowds, but enjoy the simple things in life, like walks, backyard BBQs with limited number of people, and watching the sunset.

I also live in a city of about 150,000 people that as of last count has 4 recorded cases and none in ICU.
Canada, eh?
The majority of my family and close friends have not had it either. We too enjoy the simple things.

I have not but I have a cousin who lives in PA who did.

Assuming "immediately family" excludes nephews, the answer is no. But my sister had to quarantine as a close contact.

BTW my nephew never had symptoms. He was tested after visiting a friend whose dad tested positive.

Last edited:
Been very fortunate no one in the family has had it. Had one friend get it but was very mild with a complete recovery.

I’m living the tale of two families. One side has been very cautious and has not gotten it the other side has not been cautious and some of them have had it.

I have not had it, nor have anyone in my immediate family. I have freinds though that has had it, 5 of them, One died.

All four of us in our family got it.
My biggest fear was my son, who was born with five major heart defects.
We thought for sure we'd lose him, but somehow he did not suffer as bad as expected, he was pretty sick for a little while but recovered.
My daughter was also pretty sick too but she also recovered and my wife did not get it very bad.
I on the other hand, coded in the ER and this was in Feb 2020 and the hospital wasn't even sure what I had.
After a day in the ER on oxygen I (believe it or not) got SENT HOME with some Prednison (which I had an adverse reaction to) and some asthma inhalers, and I spent the next three weeks with O2 levels in the 70's, feeling like I was breathing through a straw, a NARROW straw.
I almost didn't make it, and I've been dealing with "long-COVID" symptoms ever since.

I have not had it, nor have anyone in my immediate family. I have freinds though that has had it, 5 of them, One died.
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I mean, technically all the Nos in this poll, me included, could be Yes and we just didn't know.

We thought for sure we'd lose him, but somehow he did not suffer as bad as expected, he was pretty sick for a little while but recovered.
My daughter was also pretty sick too but she also recovered and my wife did not get it very bad.
I on the other hand, coded in the ER and this was in Feb 2020 and the hospital wasn't even sure what I had.
After a day in the ER on oxygen I (believe it or not) got SENT HOME with some Prednison (which I had an adverse reaction to) and some asthma inhalers, and I spent the next three weeks with O2 levels in the 70's, feeling like I was breathing through a straw, a NARROW straw.
I almost didn't make it, and I've been dealing with "long-COVID" symptoms ever since.
Wow, that's a horrible experience. There were a lot of cases like that I'm sure before everyone knew what was going on. Thankfully my kids have no med hx but I would have been terrified had they had an issue such as your son has. Sorry about the continued symptoms. Have they been mild or do they keep you from normal activity?

I mean, technically all the Nos in this poll, me included, could be Yes and we just didn't know.
Some certainly could. My brother and a coworker had some unexplained symptoms early on where Flu tests came back negative.

Not sure the purpose of this thread. Everyone knows folks who have had Covid. Everyone knows someone who has died of Covid.
Anyone who says they don't is a liar.

It could not be any more widely spread. This is understood.

Why didn't you get tested for it? That should be the first thing any ER nurse does with a person complaining about breathing problems.

One of my daughters caught a mild case.....

Wife and I were vaccinated early as we are both high risk....and both wear masks everywhere

Wow, that's a horrible experience. There were a lot of cases like that I'm sure before everyone knew what was going on. Thankfully my kids have no med hx but I would have been terrified had they had an issue such as your son has. Sorry about the continued symptoms. Have they been mild or do they keep you from normal activity?

Not mild in the least.
I'm a ****ing zombie now...that is how I feel.
I look at stuff I wrote two years ago, both here and elsewhere, and it's like I'm reading something written by a stranger.
I guarantee you I lost a lot of brain cells.
I don't have a sense of smell anymore and it doesn't look like it's coming back, hardly any sense of taste either, my lungs are fried, my sense of balance is shot and I feel numbness in my legs and feet, it's just an endless list of crap.

Not sure the purpose of this thread. Everyone knows folks who have had Covid. Everyone knows someone who has died of Covid.
Anyone who says they don't is a liar.

It could not be any more widely spread. This is understood.
My interest was mainly who has had it in their household. So far, at close to 50% I'm not surprised. I will be surprised if either way tips to 70/30.

Back
Top Bottom