• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

COVID Kills Six Members of Florida Family in Three Weeks

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
This didn't need to happen...

Six members of the same Florida family have died from coronavirus complications in less than a month, the Palm Beach Post reports. “I was in their ears almost every day. ‘You’ve just got to do this,’” said Lisa Wilson, who said she lost her uncle, grandmother, and several cousins to the virus. “I’m beating myself up. Should I have pushed harder?” she was quoted telling the newspaper. Her 48-year-old uncle was the first to succumb to the virus in late August, followed days later by her 89-year-old grandmother, who left behind nine children. Three more cousins died in the days that followed, with the most recent death, 44-year-old Trentarian Moreland, coming on Sunday. All six had reportedly decided not to get vaccinated, but Wilson said her uncle made clear he regretted that decision after his health deteriorated in the hospital

Six members of the same Florida family have died from coronavirus complications in less than a month, the Palm Beach Post reports. “I was in their ears almost every day. ‘You’ve just got to do this,’” said Lisa Wilson, who said she lost her uncle, grandmother, and several cousins to the virus. “I’m beating myself up. Should I have pushed harder?” she was quoted telling the newspaper. Her 48-year-old uncle was the first to succumb to the virus in late August, followed days later by her 89-year-old grandmother, who left behind nine children. Three more cousins died in the days that followed, with the most recent death, 44-year-old Trentarian Moreland, coming on Sunday. All six had reportedly decided not to get vaccinated, but Wilson said her uncle made clear he regretted that decision after his health deteriorated in the hospital

How sad. This is what you get for listening to your idiot governor.

How sad. This is what you get for listening to your idiot governor.
No, that's what you get from knowingly pushing misinformation. I blame the people who knew better and chose to mislead others much more than those who unknowingly swallowed propaganda.

And still, there are idiot anti vaxxers around, and some of them post here.

How stupid do they have to be to keep believing their bullshit?
Wait for the predictable, 'what were their underlying health conditions?' from the usual suspects, desperate to defend their arrogant and stupid anti-vaccine posturing.

Did they die of Covid or was covid virus present.

Wait for the predictable, 'what were their underlying health conditions?' from the usual suspects, desperate to defend their arrogant and stupid anti-vaccine posturing.
This is a very important question despite your cynicism! This article clearly discusses the issue.

The vaccine question is one each individual must make without pressure, bullying, or shaming. Facts should be the basis for a persons decision along with their personal health history and recommendations from their personal doctor, and not a man who has flip flopped and admittedly lied to Americans about masking. You may recall Dr. Fauci saying he originally said masks were not needed and did not help because he wanted to make sure that health workers had availibility to masks before the general public. This is not the behavior that fosters trust. If you are agree at those who don't trust the information we are seeing, blame those who have knowingly lied about the virus, it's orignins, its spread, the vaccine and its efficacy and the shut down of our economy for political reasons.

Yep, but more importantly, ones underlying health conditions should play a part in the decision making process. Those who have co-morbidities should have less objections since they are more at risk.

Yep, but more importantly, ones underlying health conditions should play a part in the decision making process. Those who have co-morbidities should have less objections since they are more at risk.
I agree; but given the sheer percentage of obese people (we have plenty too), I fear being fat has become accepted as a norm, and thus isn't perceived as problematic. How often have I seen fat people, gasping for breath, barely able to waddle from their car to a store? They have a lifetime of disease awaiting them; diabetes, heart conditions, joint problems, premature death...and all self-inflicted.

I agree; but given the sheer percentage of obese people (we have plenty too), I fear being fat has become accepted as a norm, and thus isn't perceived as problematic. How often have I seen fat people, gasping for breath, barely able to waddle from their car to a store?
Yep. It's why the arguments about healthy people not needing to worry about becoming gravely ill doesn't work so well in a country where 1 in 3 people are obese. The number of obese people is rising throughout the industrialized world, and mainly because the types of foods consumed is mirroring what we see here. Advocating better dietary choices and encouraging physical activity are the way to go, but it's a hard sell no matter which way you cut it.

What idiot told you that DeSantis told the people of his state not to get vaccinated?
Oh wait... I'll save you the trouble of making something up....

DeSantis urges public to get vaccinated: These shots are 'saving lives'

The smart people (in other words, not the Trump Panty Sniffers) have watched the real news and have heard Governor Moron's comments on Covid for the last few months.

What idiot told you that I said anything about DeSantis telling people of his state not to get vaccinated. Some idiot who read my post and saw words I never posted?

Did they die of Covid or was covid virus present.

You are right.

All 6 died within 3 weeks of each other, ages 44-to-89, of mysterious illness with which they had "struggle to breathe". Purely coincidentally and unrelated, they all had COVID.

Also purely coincidentally, members of the family that DID vaccinate from covid DID NOT die of the mysterious virus.

Last edited:
“‘Tell all of our family to get vaccinated. It’s horrible. It hurts,’” she recalled him saying as he struggled to breathe."

So sad. These are victims of Trumpism.

This is a very important question despite your cynicism! This article clearly discusses the issue.

The vaccine question is one each individual must make without pressure, bullying, or shaming. Facts should be the basis for a persons decision along with their personal health history and recommendations from their personal doctor, and not a man who has flip flopped and admittedly lied to Americans about masking. You may recall Dr. Fauci saying he originally said masks were not needed and did not help because he wanted to make sure that health workers had availibility to masks before the general public. This is not the behavior that fosters trust. If you are agree at those who don't trust the information we are seeing, blame those who have knowingly lied about the virus, it's orignins, its spread, the vaccine and its efficacy and the shut down of our economy for political reasons.

Get vaccinated. Save a life.

Six members of the same Florida family have died from coronavirus complications in less than a month, the Palm Beach Post reports. “I was in their ears almost every day. ‘You’ve just got to do this,’” said Lisa Wilson, who said she lost her uncle, grandmother, and several cousins to the virus. “I’m beating myself up. Should I have pushed harder?” she was quoted telling the newspaper. Her 48-year-old uncle was the first to succumb to the virus in late August, followed days later by her 89-year-old grandmother, who left behind nine children. Three more cousins died in the days that followed, with the most recent death, 44-year-old Trentarian Moreland, coming on Sunday. All six had reportedly decided not to get vaccinated, but Wilson said her uncle made clear he regretted that decision after his health deteriorated in the hospitaly.

God have mercy.

Jesus have merc

Darwin is happy

Back
Top Bottom