• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

COVID is spread primarily through small droplets suspended in the air. Prove me wrong.

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A poster here made the following CLAIMS:

Larger droplets disperse into smaller droplets as they move. The more force behind them, the more likely the finer dispersal. That's why sneezing and coughing are the main danger.
It's not yet known if aerosols are the primary cause of transmission. We do know is that larger droplets do play a role and that masks block larger droplets from coughing, sneezing, singing, talking, etc.

This is what the CDC and the WHO, buffoons who are running the world now have said so often that the general public believes that masks are protecting them. I don't know about the others here, but I haven't had anyone sneeze or cough within 10 feet of me with any regularity for years. Te statement above CLAIMS that sneezing and couching are the main danger. Where does the poster get that from? Has he done any testing? Is he a scientist, epidemiologist, medical doctor, expert in aerosol transmissions? We don't know. I doubt it. These tests that many people here tout as scientific are not. They cannot be because they don't use people who are infected against those who are not. The ONLY thing such tests show is that WATER molecules are expelled at a certain distance and masks SLOW DOWN how far and how many.

So, the questions are how many of the million people who died were sneezed on, coughed on? Does anyone know? I doubt that hardly any of them were. Is there some study the poster is in possession of that has interviews with those who got COVID and/or died were sneezed or coughed on? After all, that is something we all would remember because its gross,not to mention we are in the middle of a pandemic. Since the poster CLAIMS this is the MAIN danger, one would think there would be widespread reports of people who actually DID have someone sneeze or cough on them and caught it, in light of the heightened anxiety and awareness that this is ALLEGEDLY the main way we get it.

Now onto his next contention. He starts out by proclaiming, "We do know...." Who is the "WE"? He doesn't say who the "WE" is but the claim is made in such a matter of fact manner that he thinks "WE" are supposed to assume that it is a given. He goes on to say that masks play a role in blocking larger droplets and includes singing. How many people here been around singers lately? How many sing through masks?

I am going to give the poster one concession but only because it has not yet been absolutely proven beyond any doubt, but it is the most likely form of transmission of COVID and that is tiny droplets that are carried through the air. Thus, his statement that "It's not yet known if aerosols are the primary cause of transmission." is technically correct. The WHO and the CDC have downplayed this possibility until just recently. I believe they are both inept agencies who don't have a clue and there is a reason they jumped on the mask mandate which is because they didn't know WTF they were talking about and changed their minds and said "masks work" because they knew the public would not stand for staying at home for two-three years until a vaccine was invented. By saying "masks work" that was their "out" because even if half the populace caught it they could always say it would have been worse without masks. It was a "heads I win, tails you lose" type of claim. The other thing ad reason the public accepted it is because we need that placebo. It is like prayer. We see people WITH mask dying and shrug and say "I didn't" and think masks work. Like prayer, if you die, it was God's will. If you live, God (masks) saved you.

The poster included the following link for some unknown reason because it supports everything I have been saying.The CDC and the WHO need to study aerosol transmission. It is my firm belief that with common sense and logic and visual evidence that smoke is exhaled and inhaled right through masks, and COVID particles are even smaller, THAT is the primary way people get it. You have all been lied to, as usual. Just like they lied to all of you and believed them that Trump colluded with Russia. The Goebbelsians control you through fear.

A poster here made the following CLAIMS:

Larger droplets disperse into smaller droplets as they move. The more force behind them, the more likely the finer dispersal. That's why sneezing and coughing are the main danger.
It's not yet known if aerosols are the primary cause of transmission. We do know is that larger droplets do play a role and that masks block larger droplets from coughing, sneezing, singing, talking, etc.

This is what the CDC and the WHO, buffoons who are running the world now have said so often that the general public believes that masks are protecting them. I don't know about the others here, but I haven't had anyone sneeze or cough within 10 feet of me with any regularity for years. Te statement above CLAIMS that sneezing and couching are the main danger. Where does the poster get that from? Has he done any testing? Is he a scientist, epidemiologist, medical doctor, expert in aerosol transmissions? We don't know. I doubt it. These tests that many people here tout as scientific are not. They cannot be because they don't use people who are infected against those who are not. The ONLY thing such tests show is that WATER molecules are expelled at a certain distance and masks SLOW DOWN how far and how many.

So, the questions are how many of the million people who died were sneezed on, coughed on? Does anyone know? I doubt that hardly any of them were. Is there some study the poster is in possession of that has interviews with those who got COVID and/or died were sneezed or coughed on? After all, that is something we all would remember because its gross,not to mention we are in the middle of a pandemic. Since the poster CLAIMS this is the MAIN danger, one would think there would be widespread reports of people who actually DID have someone sneeze or cough on them and caught it, in light of the heightened anxiety and awareness that this is ALLEGEDLY the main way we get it.

Now onto his next contention. He starts out by proclaiming, "We do know...." Who is the "WE"? He doesn't say who the "WE" is but the claim is made in such a matter of fact manner that he thinks "WE" are supposed to assume that it is a given. He goes on to say that masks play a role in blocking larger droplets and includes singing. How many people here been around singers lately? How many sing through masks?

I am going to give the poster one concession but only because it has not yet been absolutely proven beyond any doubt, but it is the most likely form of transmission of COVID and that is tiny droplets that are carried through the air. Thus, his statement that "It's not yet known if aerosols are the primary cause of transmission." is technically correct. The WHO and the CDC have downplayed this possibility until just recently. I believe they are both inept agencies who don't have a clue and there is a reason they jumped on the mask mandate which is because they didn't know WTF they were talking about and changed their minds and said "masks work" because they knew the public would not stand for staying at home for two-three years until a vaccine was invented. By saying "masks work" that was their "out" because even if half the populace caught it they could always say it would have been worse without masks. It was a "heads I win, tails you lose" type of claim. The other thing ad reason the public accepted it is because we need that placebo. It is like prayer. We see people WITH mask dying and shrug and say "I didn't" and think masks work. Like prayer, if you die, it was God's will. If you live, God (masks) saved you.

The poster included the following link for some unknown reason because it supports everything I have been saying.The CDC and the WHO need to study aerosol transmission. It is my firm belief that with common sense and logic and visual evidence that smoke is exhaled and inhaled right through masks, and COVID particles are even smaller, THAT is the primary way people get it. You have all been lied to, as usual. Just like they lied to all of you and believed them that Trump colluded with Russia. The Goebbelsians control you through fear.

I choose door number one, the CDC, over some internet hack who thinks he is wiser than the experts

I choose door number one, the CDC, over some internet hack who thinks he is wiser than the experts
IOW, I don't care about facts. I only care about what some hack at the CDC says because I only listen to those "in authority" no matter what.

IOW, I don't care about facts. I only care about what some hack at the CDC says because I only listen to those "in authority" no matter what.
In a perfect world, the CDC would use facts to prove their case, and change their case when the facts show it needed to change.

But with Trump in charge, I'm not 100% sure they're currently doing that.

In a perfect world, the CDC would use facts to prove their case, and change their case when the facts show it needed to change.

But with Trump in charge, I'm not 100% sure they're currently doing that.
I have no respect whatsoever for Dr. Fauci, the CDC or the WHO. They have caused hundreds of thousands of deaths and infections via their wrong information. i carefully listened to Dr. Fauci in an interview in March of this year, which is one of the few times he told the truth. This was ALSO what the WHO said at that same time. The same agency that said initially that this was no big problem. Dr. Fauci said masks MAY stop one covid droplet from going through. This is a direct quote from him. He was telling the truth then.

Then, things get worse and the heat is on him and the WHO because more people are dying. What does Fauci and the WHO do? They do an about face and say "wear masks because they may stop LARGE water droplets when people sneeze of cough IF that person has COVID and that masks MAY slow the spread of COVID. Fauci CLAIMED that his prior statement about masks was made because he was concerned about a shortage of N95 masks. This was a LIE because he is also on tape saying that cloth masks are just as good as N95 masks. If this is true, why didn't he say that in March when he said masks MAY stop only ONE droplet? Nothing changed in one month. If cloth masks "worked" in April, they "worked" in March when he claimed they DIDN'T work!

For those that don't follow this closely, you don't have this information because you only listen to what the media wants you to believe and it is in the medias best interest to keep society in fear and hate.

As for the CDC, they are supposed to be in the know. They don't know jack. They are winging it and so was/is Dr. Fauci. But, like the animals we are, we believe those "in authority" because it is implanted in our genes as a survival mechanism.

“I don’t care about the facts” is all I need to read from you. You and your hero the jackass are two peas in a pod.
No one can tell you anything. Maybe you’re right: the virus actually spreads by teleportation, beaming from one person to another.

“I don’t care about the facts” is all I need to read from you. You and your hero the jackass are two peas in a pod.
No one can tell you anything. Maybe you’re right: the virus actually spreads by teleportation, beaming from one person to another.
For you own good, please read and self educate.

I have no respect whatsoever for Dr. Fauci, the CDC or the WHO. They have caused hundreds of thousands of deaths and infections via their wrong information. i carefully listened to Dr. Fauci in an interview in March of this year, which is one of the few times he told the truth. This was ALSO what the WHO said at that same time. The same agency that said initially that this was no big problem. Dr. Fauci said masks MAY stop one covid droplet from going through. This is a direct quote from him. He was telling the truth then.

Then, things get worse and the heat is on him and the WHO because more people are dying. What does Fauci and the WHO do? They do an about face and say "wear masks because they may stop LARGE water droplets when people sneeze of cough IF that person has COVID and that masks MAY slow the spread of COVID. Fauci CLAIMED that his prior statement about masks was made because he was concerned about a shortage of N95 masks. This was a LIE because he is also on tape saying that cloth masks are just as good as N95 masks. If this is true, why didn't he say that in March when he said masks MAY stop only ONE droplet? Nothing changed in one month. If cloth masks "worked" in April, they "worked" in March when he claimed they DIDN'T work!

For those that don't follow this closely, you don't have this information because you only listen to what the media wants you to believe and it is in the medias best interest to keep society in fear and hate.

As for the CDC, they are supposed to be in the know. They don't know jack. They are winging it and so was/is Dr. Fauci. But, like the animals we are, we believe those "in authority" because it is implanted in our genes as a survival mechanism.
As with all science, being "in the know" is only as good as the best information available. And changes when new information is applied.

I have not paid anywhere near enough attention to know precisely what the people and organizations you mention have said.

However, it is my understanding that cloth masks are slightly better than nothing at all, in terms of preventing a person wearing one from spreading covid-19 if they have it.
Certainly the better the mask, the more effective, and so far as I know N95 masks are better than cloth masks.

For you own good, please read and self educate.

Masks reduce viral transmission.
I am not going to debate that fact.
I would rather debate whether or not today is Monday.
You start.....

Back
Top Bottom