• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid is killing more people now that during most of the pandemic.

Metric Mouse

Your hi-top sneakers and your sailor tattoos.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Awesome... what a great time for states to roll back protections. So many unnecessary deaths. Telling everyone Omicron was mild was a ****ing deadly mistake.

The only other time that deaths have been this high for this long was during the first winter surge, before vaccines were available. The Omicron wave has also been deadlier for longer than the Delta surge: In September, when Delta was dominant, average daily deaths topped 2,000 for half as long.

Yeah, who cares about those immunocompromised, kids and minorities...

Yuck.
And your evidence that people in those categories are dying in great numbers right now is ...

Awesome... what a great time for states to roll back protections. So many unnecessary deaths. Telling everyone Omicron was mild was a ****ing deadly mistake.

From the link:

>>>The people dying from Covid-19 now tend to be younger than before, and they're overwhelmingly unvaccinated, experts say.
"I've long since lost track of the number of people I've seen die of the disease, but the reality is that almost everybody who is critically ill, in the ICU or dying now remains unvaccinated.<<<

You know what I always say Metric: OH WELL!!!! 🤷‍♂️

darwin.jpeg

“It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponised as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump,” Limbaugh said on his Monday show. “Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks."

1645794875004.png

If only there was something that could be done to stop this trend....

This is red phase covid, mostly unvaccinated tRumpers doing the dying.

I have a hard time getting worked up over that.

Of the 5 peaks of daily COVID deaths, the lowest of the 4 troughs was about 330 deaths per day or 120,450 per yr. It looks like we still have a few months before this last peak, being the second highest of all, declines to a bottom. We don't know what that bottom will be. The only virus ever eliminated by man that caused human death was smallpox. Although COVID is a cold and not a flu virus, influenza causes 36,000 deaths in the US per yr. So, that would be about 100 deaths per day. At 61.5% having been dbl-dose vaxxed and about 52,000 and falling vaxxes per day, there's plenty of folks out there to keep the virus lively and variating. Hard to say what will be the number of daily deaths we'll have to live or die with. Plenty of nut cases still out there.

I'm really torn on this. I for one think the courts should have upheld the mandates because a lot of these people are just believing their political leaders, entertainers, and church leaders. Once they're critically ill they are in disbelieve.

We'd easily say those in a cult should be saved before killing themselves. I think it applies. Why would these people have the wherewithal to suddenly stop listening to those they've trusted for their whole lives?

I think we're obligated to help, and that those leaders who prevent it should be held accountable for the amount of death they're causing because of it.

Of the 5 peaks of daily COVID deaths, the lowest of the 4 troughs was about 330 deaths per day or 120,450 per yr. It looks like we still have a few months before this last peak, being the second highest of all, declines to a bottom. We don't know what that bottom will be. The only virus ever eliminated by man that caused human death was smallpox. Although COVID is a cold and not a flu virus, influenza causes 36,000 deaths in the US per yr. So, that would be about 100 deaths per day. At 61.5% having been dbl-dose vaxxed and about 52,000 and falling vaxxes per day, there's plenty of folks out there to keep the virus lively and variating. Hard to say what will be the number of daily deaths we'll have to live or die with. Plenty of nut cases still out there.
Yeah, I can see that coming. Covid will be the new old mans friend. What I hope to see is accommodations being made for the new norm. Our healthcare system isn't equipped to handle the influx. We will have to build more, and come up with an enticing deal for more healthcare workers. With the boomer gen aging, and Covid, we need to do something. Vaccines are the easiest, obvious way to prevent hospitalization but as long as the anti vax conservatives are working their magic, another solution needs to be implemented.

The article’s graphic notes that COVID-19 deaths in those under 65 dropped from over 30% in 2021 to under 25% (so far) in 2022. That makes sense because the ‘fully vaccinated’ and ‘boosted’ percentages are much higher among the elderly.

The high number of deaths that we are still seeing are from infections that happened closer to the peak of Omicron. We will continue to see deaths for a while but the hospitalization metrics are clearly falling rapidly.

This is red phase covid, mostly unvaccinated tRumpers doing the dying.

I have a hard time getting worked up over that.
Wait, you think minorities (who are dying 2/1 over young white guys) are Trumpers? What makes you think this?

I know you wouldn't care about minorities, or kids, or immunocompromised persons dying, but the 1,000 vaccinated people a week? Really?

I guess some people are happy this pandemic is killing people...

Well almost all are unvaccinated. No great loss. Maybe it will improve the overall IQ of our population

I agree, **** the unvaccinated at this point. Selfish morons can now face the consequences of their stupidity. 2 years of many people doing their part and I'm over it.

“It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponised as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump,” Limbaugh said on his Monday show. “Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks."

View attachment 67376777
Even Rush Limbaugh wasn't dumb enough to doe of covid. He's no Colin Powell, for sure.

I agree, **** the unvaccinated at this point. Selfish morons can now face the consequences of their stupidity. 2 years of many people doing their part and I'm over it.

Black, Hispanic and American Indian people are still about twice as likely to die of Covid-19 than White people, but that risk has fallen from about three times higher at the end of 2020.

We know who you're talking about...

You missed my sarcastic tone.

😉

If there were no unvaxxed the numbers would be minimal.
We could have been over this a year ago if we hit the target number for vaccinated to protect the unvaccinated, but we have a country of selfish moron political hack and power hungry scumbag , anti american scumbag repubilcans selling lies about vaccine for political gain

We know who you're talking about...
Yeah, it was clear, I'm talking about the unvaccinated

What does twice as likely to die from COVID have to do with unvaccinated? Are black people, natives unvaccinated? Or is that information from prior to vaccine availaability? Native Americans don't have thousands of years that europeans had being exposed to diseases and being better equipped, which makes them more susceptible. Also, they have less access to healthcare. Black people tend to not have as good access to healthcare, often can have other underlying helath problems making them more susceptible.

Last edited:
Moronic is a version of the mild common cold .

The gene treatments are made with a toxic substance wrapped in a poison gel containing other toxic nano particles .

Which do you think is the killer ?

P.S. Why are 80% of hospitalisations and deaths all Vaxxed people ?
Oh dear .
Doesn't your MSM tell you that ?

Yeah, it was clear, I'm talking about the unvaccinated

What does twice as likely to die from COVID have to do with unvaccinated? Are black people, natives unvaccinated? Or is that information from prior to vaccine availaability? Native Americans don't have thousands of years that europeans had being exposed to diseases and being better equipped, which makes them more susceptible. Also, they have less access to healthcare. Black people tend to not have as good access to healthcare, often can have other underlying helath problems making them more susceptible.
Again, we know who is dying from covid at the highest rates. And you know this. Your point in dismissing these deaths is clear. And now you're doubling down with "black people are often unhealthy" and "Native Americans are naturally less resistant to this novel virus that no one had been exposed to 2 years ago."

Disgusting, but predictable.

Back
Top Bottom