• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid is killing more people now that during most of the pandemic.

Again, we know who is dying from covid at the highest rates. And you know this. Your point in dismissing these deaths is clear. And now you're doubling down with "black people are often unhealthy" and "Native Americans are naturally less resistant to this novel virus that no one had been exposed to 2 years ago."

Disgusting, but predictable.
This is a joke, and apparently you have zero reading comprehension skills, zero facts, and you trolling with your fake outrage. WTF does race have to do with anything in my comment about vaccines? If they are unvaccinated, no matter black, white, native americna, whatever, that's on them. I made no mention of race, you stupidly made up shit I never said

Nothing I said was not factual. African Americans are dying more because they tend to have less access to healthcare (in which I fight for universal healthcare), they are more likely to live in poverty and less access in their neighborhoods to healthy food choices. They are more prone to obesity and diabetes which are risk factors for COVID. And I fight for helping those in poverty and they should be making livable wages. African Americans and Native Americans may also be more mistrusting of vaccines based on some past mistreatments, so there is also that

So you are way off base with your stupid insinuations that I'm being racist. If you have an argument, counter what I said instead of making shit up I never said, or go away and go pick a fight with someone else.

This is a joke, and apparently you have zero reading comprehension skills, zero facts, and you trolling with your fake outrage. WTF does race have to do with anything in my comment about vaccines? If they are unvaccinated, no matter black, white, native americna, whatever, that's on them. I made no mention of race, you stupidly made up shit I never said

Nothing I said was not factual. African Americans are dying more because they tend to have less access to healthcare (in which I fight for universal healthcare), they are more likely to live in poverty and less access in their neighborhoods to healthy food choices. They are more prone to obesity and diabetes which are risk factors for COVID. And I fight for helping those in poverty and they should be making livable wages. African Americans and Native Americans may also be more mistrusting of vaccines based on some past mistreatments, so there is also that

So you are way off base with your stupid insinuations that I'm being racist. If you have an argument, counter what I said instead of making shit up I never said, or go away and go pick a fight with someone else.
No one is picking a fight. They're purely pointing out your racist bs. Native Americans are not genetically inferior to fighting Covid 19. And African Americans are not genetically more susceptible to obesity and other health problems. Just stop.

Minorities are dying from at disproportionate rates, it's not because they are "often less healthy" or "naturally susceptible." Don't peddle racist tropes. Next you'll be arguing African American males are shot by cops because they commit more violent crimes.

I'm really torn on this. I for one think the courts should have upheld the mandates because a lot of these people are just believing their political leaders, entertainers, and church leaders. Once they're critically ill they are in disbelieve.

We'd easily say those in a cult should be saved before killing themselves. I think it applies. Why would these people have the wherewithal to suddenly stop listening to those they've trusted for their whole lives?

I think we're obligated to help, and that those leaders who prevent it should be held accountable for the amount of death they're causing because of it.
I think we should have stepped in with the heavens gate cult too :/

Some have said that effective national leadership would prevent deaths from covid.

Of course they were probably idiots trying to make a political point during a pandemic or something. Clearly there was nothing anyone could do, and blaming any president for preventable deaths on their watch is stupid...
Boy you have some amnesia problems.

Boy you have some amnesia problems.
Imagine someone arguing that a President should prevent deaths, and then later arguing that a President can't prevent deaths. That would be wild.

Imagine someone arguing that a President should prevent deaths, and then later arguing that a President can't prevent deaths. That would be wild.
….. This is what i really hate about bothsiderism. Is Biden out there telling people to go out and consume hydroxychloroquine?

….. This is what i really hate about bothsiderism. Is Biden out there telling people to go out and consume hydroxychloroquine?
Of course not! He's not Andrew Cuomo.

Awesome... what a great time for states to roll back protections. So many unnecessary deaths. Telling everyone Omicron was mild was a ****ing deadly mistake.
Would be a great time to roll forward treatments. Biden's failure to do so is a ****ing deadly mistake.
Seems almost...intentional.

Would be a great time to roll forward treatments. Biden's failure to do so is a ****ing deadly mistake.
Seems almost...intentional.
Even just holding steady and maintaining mandates for a few more weeks would save lives. I don't see that as a Biden problem (other than not pushing for stricter measures) as much as a state problem for those who are rolling back measures prematurely.

No. He's telling people you can't get or spread the virus if you 're vaccinated. Wonder how many people he killed with that little gem.

Of course not! He's not Andrew Cuomo.
Bothsiderism strikes again :rolleyes:. Do you want an actual discussion or are you going to act like a trumpist and whatabout all day?

Bothsiderism strikes again :rolleyes:. Do you want an actual discussion or are you going to act like a trumpist and whatabout all day?
There's no both siderism; either a president can be responsible for protecting people from a preventable disease, or they can't. Anything else is just partisan hacks making hay out of nearly a milion dead Americans.

There's no both siderism; either a president can be responsible for protecting people from a preventable disease, or they can't. Anything else is just partisan hacks making hay out of nearly a milion dead Americans.
You deflected to cuomo for no reason whatsoever. Bothsiderism.

No one is picking a fight. They're purely pointing out your racist bs. Native Americans are not genetically inferior to fighting Covid 19. And African Americans are not genetically more susceptible to obesity and other health problems. Just stop.

Minorities are dying from at disproportionate rates, it's not because they are "often less healthy" or "naturally susceptible." Don't peddle racist tropes. Next you'll be arguing African American males are shot by cops because they commit more violent crimes.
LOL, you are picking a fight, my initial post said nothing about race, and you made up bullshit about race that wasn't in my post. And I addressed your concern about death rates in African American and Native American dying more, which again, had nothing do do with what I said in my first post. And as I said and you can't refute, what I said is factual about reasons why death rates are higher in AA and NA communities. You can't refute it, except this ridiculous notion that I'm being racist. If you really are a progressive like you claim, you are an embarrassment and exactly the type of ridiculous progressive extremist that right wingers use in their stupid deflections.

You really should be embarrassed for how much you are barking up the wrong tree. If you think what I said was wrong, prove me wrong? You can't, so here you are yet again making moronic posts without any actual argument. If you weren't picking a fight, you would provide an argument.Otherwise you are just trolling

Raciust would say all blacks are obese and unhealth, and that's not what I said. Just one link supporting what I said
While there's no evidence that people of color have genetic or other biological factors that make them more likely to be affected by COVID-19, they are more likely to have underlying health conditions. Having certain conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, increases your risk of severe illness with COVID-19. But experts also know that where people live and work affects their health. Over time, these factors lead to different health risks among racial and ethnic minority groups.

That seems obvious, act like a Trumper. Just trolling at this point, and I doubt this person really is progressive

LOL, you are picking a fight, my initial post said nothing about race, and you made up bullshit about race that wasn't in my post. And I addressed your concern about death rates in African American and Native American dying more, which again, had nothing do do with what I said. And as I said and you can't refute, what I said is factual about reasons why death rates are higher in AA and NA communities. You can't refute it, except this ridiculous notion that I'm being racist. If you really are a progressive like you claim, you are an embarrassment and exactly the type of ridiculous progressive extremist that right wingers use in their stupid deflections.

You really should be embarrassed for how much you are barking up the wrong tree. If you think what I said was wrong, prove me wrong? You can't, so here you are yet again making moronic posts without any actual argument. If you weren't picking a fight, you would provide an argument.Otherwise you are just trolling

Raciust would say all blacks are obese and unhealth, and that's not what I said. Just one link supporting what I said

I categorically refute your assertion that Native Americans die from covid at higher rates because of your white nationalist narrative that "they haven't had centuries of exposure" to covid. No one has. The rest of your posts are just cover for your racist bs.

Awesome... what a great time for states to roll back protections. So many unnecessary deaths. Telling everyone Omicron was mild was a ****ing deadly mistake.
The "protections" did nothing. The price you pay for living is death. Everybody will die it's a question of how and when. If you are so frightened of death you refuse to live that's your business nobody else should be forced to.

That seems obvious, act like a Trumper. Just trolling at this point, and I doubt this person really is progressive
Regressive racists have always tried to discount progressives. Comes with the territory.

This is demonstrably false. The total number of deaths 7-day rolling average yesterday was 1,900 - well below the worst we’ve seen.

More importantly the number if deaths per million people is about 5.5. Half the worst we’ve. And that number is falling rapidly.

The sad aspect of this is, you would think individuals any any political persuasion would take it upon themselves, in the spirit of community/patriotism/common human decency, to do whatever they could to help mitigate the spread and severity of a disease. As much for their own sake as for that of their fellow man. Instead, we get toxic individualism responses to the simplest of protocols:

"I WON'T WEAR A MASK IN YOUR ESTABLISHMENT IT'S RIDICULOUS AND DOESN'T WORK AND I CAN'T BREATHE"
"I WON'T SOCIALLY DISTANCE I'VE EVERY RIGHT TO GET UP CLOSE TO PEOPLE AND DO WHATEVER I PLEASE AROUND THEM BECAUSE CONSTITUTION"
"I REFUSE THE VACCINE YOU CAN'T MAKE ME TAKE THAT IT DOESN'T WORK/ALTERS MY DNA/HAS MICROCHIPS/CAUSES HEART DISEASE"

The "protections" did nothing. The price you pay for living is death. Everybody will die it's a question of how and when. If you are so frightened of death you refuse to live that's your business nobody else should be forced to.

Ignorance or lie.

So hard to tell.

This is red phase covid, mostly unvaccinated tRumpers doing the dying.

I have a hard time getting worked up over that.

THE CLAIM: NCDHHS says the rate of infections was “twice as high” for Blacks than whites, and “as much as 57 percent higher among the Hispanic population” versus non-Hispanics. It also says that case rates for Blacks were lower than they were for whites when December started, and that during the first 17 days of 2022, hospitalization rates for Blacks were “nearly double the rate of whites.”

THE FACTS: Dr. Audrea Caesar, the chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer at the UNC Health, says those numbers check out.

Back
Top Bottom