• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

COVID cases surge to new highs in Wyoming; return to colleges the latest factor

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

you guys shocked. i'm shocked. it' shouldn't be happening this way.

"Wyoming’s now reporting more confirmed coronavirus cases per day than during any other period of the pandemic, hospitalizations have neared all-time highs, and new cases are outstripping the number of recoveries to a degree previously unseen here.

But there is no single driver of the spike, as there were in the earlier days of the disease’s spread in Wyoming six months ago. Kim Deti, a spokeswoman for the state Health Department, said that much of it is what they’ve seen for months: workplace clusters and social gatherings, where social distancing and masking recommendations may not have been followed. The new factor, she said, is a return to school for the University of Wyoming and the community colleges."

There's nothing shocking about it. WY is experiencing its first real spike in cases, and the magnitude of it is hardly remarkable compared to most other states.

There's nothing shocking about it. WY is experiencing its first real spike in cases, and the magnitude of it is hardly remarkable compared to most other states.

definitely no biggie...

1600962337584.png

Did you leave off the scale on purpose because it doesn't fit your narrative?

I was mainly trying to make it simple for you so you could see the trend.

Do you wanna know how many people actually live in Wyoming?

I was mainly trying to make it simple for you so you could see the trend.

Do you wanna know how many people actually live in Wyoming?

I already know that. I also know that up until now Wyoming never saw any significant peak like most other states did (i.e. it's not like they're having a second peak) and that WY's highest daily infection rate so far was significantly lower than that of CA, NY, or NJ.

So in other words, what is happening now in WY so far is not really any different than what has happened in pretty much every other state, except that it took until now for it to happen.

I already know that. I also know that up until now Wyoming never saw any significant peak like most other states did (i.e. it's not like they're having a second peak) and that WY's highest daily infection rate so far was significantly lower than that of CA, NY, or NJ.

So in other words, what is happening now in WY so far is not really any different than what has happened in pretty much every other state, except that it took until now for it to happen.

hang on.

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
Donald Trump

hang on.

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
Donald Trump

Did you run out of relevant things to say?

Did you run out of relevant things to say?

you mean other than you saying that Wyoming's current spike is meaningless because other states had spikes after your boy lied and people died?

you mean other than you saying that Wyoming's current spike is meaningless because other states had spikes after your boy lied and people died?

Are you even remotely capable of being honest?

There , you are incorrect, if you account for the population of Wyoming, verses the number of cases it has. The rate is quite high for the number of people in the state. It isn't as bad as ND and SD though.

"Wyoming’s now reporting more confirmed coronavirus cases per day than during any other period of the pandemic, hospitalizations have neared all-time highs, and new cases are outstripping the number of recoveries to a degree previously unseen here.

But there is no single driver of the spike, as there were in the earlier days of the disease’s spread in Wyoming six months ago. Kim Deti, a spokeswoman for the state Health Department, said that much of it is what they’ve seen for months: workplace clusters and social gatherings, where social distancing and masking recommendations may not have been followed. The new factor, she said, is a return to school for the University of Wyoming and the community colleges."

The case rate in Wyoming is indeed growing. Not yet at a point where the Dakotas are, however. :oops:

There , you are incorrect, if you account for the population of Wyoming, verses the number of cases it has. The rate is quite high for the number of people in the state. It isn't as bad as ND and SD though.

I did account for the population:

Every place that has a university is seeing a spike. In AZ ASU had a large spike but is now doing well. People saw a huge two day spike and freaked out. What's important is our positivity rates continue to go down and our hospitalizations are way down. I don't know why people are freaked out by rising numbers when Colleges start back up and businesses reopen. It's great news that we are able to open up the economy and keep the numbers low. Wyoming will be just fine.

Every place that has a university is seeing a spike. In AZ ASU had a large spike but is now doing well. People saw a huge two day spike and freaked out. What's important is our positivity rates continue to go down and our hospitalizations are way down. I don't know why people are freaked out by rising numbers when Colleges start back up and businesses reopen. It's great news that we are able to open up the economy and keep the numbers low. Wyoming will be just fine.
How much more contradictory can one post be? You are emphatically not keeping numbers low-unless all you want to hear are Trump's lies:

How much more contradictory can one post be? You are emphatically not keeping numbers low-unless all you want to hear are Trump's lies:

How's it going for you guys now? You have been popping off with your loud mouth about how bad the US is doing with C19. Now Europe is about to turn into a dumpster fire. You're about to get wrecked where you live. Soon we will be doing much better than you. I won't brag though because I'm not stupid. I realize there will be ups and downs with this virus.

Loud mouth karma is a bitch!

And.......?

you wouldn't understand. you don't do math and don't care about life.
Says the guy who claims doctors and epidemiologists being wayyyy off on predictions is OK but Paradoxical being off a little is "being bad at math". LOL

i never said that.

are you okay?
You said I am bad at math because of a prediction, whereas you don't know that 2 =2 = 4 and you ask if I am OK?

Where was I bad at math?

How's it going for you guys now? You have been popping off with your loud mouth about how bad the US is doing with C19. Now Europe is about to turn into a dumpster fire. You're about to get wrecked where you live. Soon we will be doing much better than you. I won't brag though because I'm not stupid. I realize there will be ups and downs with this virus.

Loud mouth karma is a bitch!
We were doing ok until our idiots in government decided that reopening schools and colleges was a good idea. That's where we're seeing most of the new cases; in 17-24 year-olds who just won't listen to good advice.

Wait. THIS shocks you?

As of Wednesday, the university had 121 active cases, up from 96 on Tuesday. UW spokesman Chad Baldwin said that number was slightly deceptive because some of those samples had been collected more than a week before, but the cases remain active, and the school has 153 people currently in 14-day quarantines. The vast majority of those 121 active cases are off-campus — just nine on-campus students are currently sick.

Jesus...in NYC they call this a record low.

We were doing ok until our idiots in government decided that reopening schools and colleges was a good idea. That's where we're seeing most of the new cases; in 17-24 year-olds who just won't listen to good advice.
How MANY times do I need to tell you guys that cases don't mean SHIT!?? Young people rarely die from COVID.

Back
Top Bottom