• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid-19 is now the No. 3 cause of death in the US.

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Covid-19 is now the No. 3 cause of death in the US

A disease that didn't even exist a year ago has now infected more than 5.4 million Americans and killed more than 170,000.

In fact, the US has averaged more than 1,000 coronavirus deaths per day over the past three weeks.

"Covid is now the No. 3 cause of death in the US -- ahead of accidents, injuries, lung disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and many, many other causes," said Dr. Thomas Frieden, a former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The rate of deaths from Covid-19 is also much greater in the US than in many other countries," Frieden said.

"Last week, Americans were eight times more likely to get killed by Covid than were Europeans," he said.

Source: (CNN) Covid-19 is now the No. 3 cause of death in the US.

This story is from a pandemic rolling-updates page, so I posted the entire entry in a quote field. By the time you read this, the entry will likely be further down the page which I linked. But it caught my attention, so I thought I'd share.

In case you're wondering, cancer & heart disease duke it out for the top two causes of death. 'Accidents' slots into the #4 position, below Covid.

Last edited:

This story is from a pandemic rolling-updates page, so I posted the entire entry in a quote field. By the time you read this, the entry will likely be further down the page which I linked. But it caught my attention, so I thought I'd share.

In case you're wondering, cancer & heart disease duke it out for the top two causes of death. 'Accidents' slots into the #4 position, below Covid.

"When the hot weather comes, it will simply go away. It will disappear." - Donald Trump.

"When the hot weather comes, it will simply go away. It will disappear." - Donald Trump.

Maybe he was referring to when global warming wipes out all of humanity.

duplicate post

I'll have you know that Covid isn't even real. It is just a disease made up by the Chinese, Europeans, and democrats to undermine Trump and the election. Defeating Trump means so much to the world that the entire world came together and crashed the entire world economy and murdered these people with alien semen just to be mean to Donny boy. It is so unfair.

I bet you feel foolish now.

I'll have you know that Covid isn't even real. It is just a disease made up by the Chinese, Europeans, and democrats to undermine Trump and the election. Defeating Trump means so much to the world that the entire world came together and crashed the entire world economy and murdered these people with alien semen just to be mean to Donny boy. It is so unfair.

I bet you feel foolish now.
Damn, you saw right through me!

On it!

Nero:fiddling::Trump: ?

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Back
Top Bottom