• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid-19 "genetically engineered to target humans"

I could see "of course China", but "of course WHO"? You gotta be some kind of weird anti-vaxxer to believe that nonsense. But I could be wrong...what motivation would WHO have to cover up an aggressive effort on China's part to trigger a global pandemic?

:popcorn2:

I never said I thought China tried to cause the pandemic.

I never said I thought China tried to cause the pandemic.

Question remains the same. :shrug: Why would the WHO cover it up? Whether it be intentional or accidental? What's their motivation.

At the beginning of the pandemic, some scientists immediately reported that the virus must be natural. They had no scientific proof of that, it was just their opinion. Since then other scientists have said it could have been modified in a lab.

Gain of function research on bat coronaviruses had been going on for several years, even though it was known that a lab accident could cause a pandemic. It was banned for a couple of years in the US, but started back up in 2017.

Fauci has been an advocate for this research.

We have no reason to trust the official stories.

Hi Good4Nothin

Thanks for that info.

About 4 months ago I read a good report on this. Apparently, since SARS, a whole group of scientists started to explore and investigate caves where bat lives to further investigate the various Corona viruses that exist. Apparently this research is still going on today. They found more than 500 new corona viruses. This in addition to the 100's of variations already known. The interesting thing was though, one of the viruses that they found in a cave is almost identical to the corona virus that causes Covid-19. It's not the same but very similar. From what I understand, it has been opted as an option for natural mutation to the virus that today causes Covid.

When a lab is certified to do this kind of research than the first thing they do is that they actually start breading these viruses. You need sample to do tests on right? Not many labs are certified to work on this though. When I was young I worked for a company where designed and build exactly this kind of equipment. We sold a whole bunch of kit to a US company. This was all Level 4 meaning the highest risk and most dangerous viruses. The safety precautions taken in the approach to the design of these reactors (They were either 1,000 or 1,500 liter vessel) are extraordinary.

Now having said this, people make mistakes. We all do and so do people in a lab. That is why they take extensive safety measures. Bottom line is, sometimes things go wrong.

My point is this. Everything we know until now strongly suggests that the virus has not been engineered. The virus has not been altered. It is unlikely, but not impossible, that the virus has been researched and something went wrong. Mind you, they should of course research this.

Joey

What the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Reveals

Researchers are also looking at the SARS-CoV-2 genome for clues about its true origin: the animal that infected the first person. So far, bats appear to be the most likely suspect. “Looking at the phylogenetic tree, we see that a bat coronavirus is the closest relative to SARS-CoV-2, sharing around 96% of their genomes,” says Lauring. But that too, is not the full story. Another animal, a small, scaly-skinned mammal called a pangolin, has been implicated as well.

“The spike protein in SARS-CoV-2, the main protein on the surface that binds to the cell’s receptor and how the virus gets into the cell, is similar to a pangolin coronavirus spike protein,” says Lauring. “It’s almost like, when you tell a person he has his father’s nose. That feature is similar, but across features the father and child may not look very similar. Coronaviruses, like a lot of other viruses, swap genes around.”
==========================================================
The consensus among virologists is that this virus evolved in bats & jumped to pangolins, then infected a person in a wet market in Wuhan. There is no evidence of any genetic engineering.

What the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Reveals

Researchers are also looking at the SARS-CoV-2 genome for clues about its true origin: the animal that infected the first person. So far, bats appear to be the most likely suspect. “Looking at the phylogenetic tree, we see that a bat coronavirus is the closest relative to SARS-CoV-2, sharing around 96% of their genomes,” says Lauring. But that too, is not the full story. Another animal, a small, scaly-skinned mammal called a pangolin, has been implicated as well.

“The spike protein in SARS-CoV-2, the main protein on the surface that binds to the cell’s receptor and how the virus gets into the cell, is similar to a pangolin coronavirus spike protein,” says Lauring. “It’s almost like, when you tell a person he has his father’s nose. That feature is similar, but across features the father and child may not look very similar. Coronaviruses, like a lot of other viruses, swap genes around.”
==========================================================
The consensus among virologists is that this virus evolved in bats & jumped to pangolins, then infected a person in a wet market in Wuhan. There is no evidence of any genetic engineering.

Hi Jackson,

Interesting read. Thanks for that.

I did also read that this particular virus is not producing as many (working?) mutations in comparison to some other viruses. And this, the writer claimed, will benefit the development of a vaccine for this virus, simply because it makes a potential vaccine less complicated.

Slowly slowly we will get there. But no matter when it comes we all wish it will come sooner I guess.

Joey

The only question still unanswered is whether it was Dr. No or Dr. Fu Manchu who developed the virus. My money is on Fu Manchu, since Dr. No had that hand problem that would have hindered him in the lab. Has anyone asked Sean Connery?

The only question still unanswered is whether it was Dr. No or Dr. Fu Manchu who developed the virus. My money is on Fu Manchu, since Dr. No had that hand problem that would have hindered him in the lab. Has anyone asked Sean Connery?

No, but I asked Bugs Bunny and he told me that Scrooge McDuck had financed it for Donald Duck with the help of Huey, Dewey, and Louie. But when we asked Donald he denied it and claimed it was Tom & Jerry. So I approached Tom & Jerry of course. And they referred me back to Donald who they claim lies all the time about everything. Besides that Tom & Jerry had an alibi because they were too busy chasing eachother and a bunch of other phantoms. But it was only after the BarbaPappa Gazette published a dull and unfounded story putting the Blame on Tom & Jerry anyway that Kermit jumped in and proved beyond any doubt that it was, in fact, Donald Duck who was responsible for al the carnage created.

:lamo

Joey

Covid-19 "genetically engineered to target humans"---Li-Meng Yan and her team of researchers published a 26-page document laying out how Covid-19 could have been developed artificially in Chinese labs.

Okay, so suppose this is true, what's the motivation for the Chinese military to have unleashed a demon?
What specific humans were they trying to target? Or were they targeting all humans, and their own countryman were simply collateral damage?

Li-Meng Yan report | Covid-19 "genetically engineered to target humans" - AS.com

Jeff Bezos was behind it to hype up the recycled British show Utopia which premiers in a week exclusively on Prime. Come on, obvious.

The source, "AS", is from Madrid, Spain, quoting "Li-Meng Yan and her team of researchers published a 26-page document laying out how Covid-19 could have been developed artificially in Chinese labs."

Every Google result cites the same source for this allegation, "Li-Meng Yan and her team". I'll wait until there is information from more verifiable sources; until then, it's just another CT rumor that can't be corroborated or authenticated.

Yes, there's a world of difference between "could have been" and "was".

Their missile capacity is not that frightening

They use missiles in place of bombers and strike fighters. As for nukes, they are reported to have approx 400. Currently China would be very hard pressed to take over Taiwan. Attacking the US is out of the question, they could win a limited war within 1000 km of China's boarder but that is it.

Why is attacking the US out of the question? They have ICBM capability the same as the US does; although any attack by a nuclear power against another would result in MAD. Only suicidal lunatics would launch such an attack.

Why is attacking the US out of the question? They have ICBM capability the same as the US does; although any attack by a nuclear power against another would result in MAD. Only suicidal lunatics would launch such an attack.

They are not suicidal, that is why it is out of the question. if mainland China is attacked, then I can see China using nukes, not otherwise

[h=2]Dr. Li-Meng Yan claims The virus is man-made and spread to make damage[/h]
Dr Li-Meng Yan worked in the WHO Coronavirus Reference Lab in Hong Kong. She has just published a detailed paper claiming that the SARS-2 coronavirus was artificially made in a laboratory and appeared on Tucker Carlson’s show today. She also claims it was deliberately spread (though this was slightly ambiguous– listen closely).
We already had enough evidence to know that SARS-Cov2 is a likely bioweapon. (The virus it supposedly evolved from appears to be fake.) This is largely what her paper covers.
[h=3]Chinese defector virologist Dr Li-Meng Yan publishes report claiming COVID-19 was made in a lab[/h]Phoebe Looms, News.com
Dr Yan had been working at Hong Kong University’s public health laboratory sciences division, a World Health Organisation infectious diseases research centre, when her boss was asked to investigate the outbreak in Wuhan.
Dr Yan claimed her and her team’s scientific findings were suppressed, and they were told only to report cases linked to the Huanan seafood market. After becoming fearful of her safety, she fled China on a flight bound for Los Angeles in late April. . . .

Because that is the kind of news site where people buy into this kind of rhetoric. Many of the readers are the non-american versions of Trumpet supporters.

Joey

I haven't bought into anything. I brought this topic here for discussion. Many news articles on this site come right from Reuters.

I haven't bought into anything. I brought this topic here for discussion. Many news articles on this site come right from Reuters.

Hi trixare4kids,

We got something in common their I see. I must admit I read Reuters as well, I just normally don't quote them, or any other news paper. I read Reuters, BBC, CNN and FOX. I struggle with Reuters and Fox because of their layout. I don't know why, but I find it difficult to read. Not the wording, but the layout. But all 4 of them you need to put a lot of effort into reading objectively because they are all biased, some more than others, still biased. Most of the info I write is from other sources. The most important aspect is that it is reliable and objective though. Many are bashing both CNN and FOX. I do not have to bash them. You just need to filter what they right. And the biggest problem I find often is not so much what they write, but the things they deliberately do not write. Again, both CNN and FOX are quite good at that.

Newspapers can write anything they want. And quoting someone is neither subjective nor objective, it's simply reporting. But than you get the conclusions they tie to the statements. That is where things start to get complicated and where newspapers show their colours. It gets even more complicated when they start writing opinions, and this is often where things really go wrong or get confusing and coloured.

Joey

Back
Top Bottom