• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

COVID-19 Disinformation in one graph

2020 called, they want their narrative back. I went to the Caribbean last summer. I went to Vegas 3 times last year. (I'm literally conteplating hoping on a plane Saturday to go to vegas) I eat out at restaurants whenever I want. I cant believe wearing a mask is really a point of contention with you. This required the slightest of efforts to slow the spread and save lives.

And the only "one size fits all" I saw was travel related. Each state did its own thing.

Are you serious? You think the lock downs and mandates only happened in 2020? And you say this because you have been to a place that didn't have them? :rolleyes:

Vegas would have been a ghost town if they used the proptocols of California, Michigan, NYC, Canada, etc. etc. etc.

I mean you go to Vegas becaus ethey don't have those policies in place.

You tell the 65+ crowd, and the 55+ to a lesser extent, that COVID-19 most specifically is life threatening, that if you are 65 or over that you have as high as a 20% risk of severe life threatening complications, and so you should avoid crowded places, you should remain home when possible and then you set up a targeted welfare check/assistence if needed that would assist the elderly with getting their basic needs met in their home without having to go out.
Okay.. we did that already. And you can see the death rate.
Because they still have to have care givers. They still have to go to the doctor, get their hair cut, get their toenails cut etc. have their medications set up for them. Have home repairs. etc..
Soooo
From their you have established 1) The real threat, and 2) Given the most vulnerable an optional method to reduce exposure.
Not really. Because the most vulnerable have to have caregivers. Family that set up their medications, that make them dinner, that toilet and bath them etc.
No mandates for anyone. Those who are in a vulnerability group (I'm in 2, borderline 3) would have the option to quarantine, or accept the risk. I've been working in an office the whole time while young healthy people were sent home/laid off. It is/was insane. But if I catch COVID 19 and some point then it will be through my own choices, but I accept the risk.

If the others who are vulnerable chose not to take advantage of programs that would have allowed them to self quarantine then they made their choice like everyone else.
Yeah.. but we established that those that are vulnerable cannot ameliorate their risk becuase they need services, care givers etc.
Everything that you say should have been done.. was done... and on top of that.. there were some companies that mandated masking and vaccination.. and yet.. still a very high death toll.

So.. under your suggestions.. more elderly would have died than did.
Please explain.

Are you serious? You think the lock downs and mandates only happened in 2020? And you say this because you have been to a place that didn't have them? :rolleyes:

Vegas would have been a ghost town if they used the proptocols of California, Michigan, NYC, Canada, etc. etc. etc.

I mean you go to Vegas becaus ethey don't have those policies in place.
first off, I went to restaurant in NYC in Nov 2020 in NYC. Lockdowns were few and far between in 2021. and there was no "one size fits all" in 2020 or 2021. And you just literally posted that Vegas didnt have the same protocols as other places. You're simply posting conservative narratives with zero thought. You might as well as move to russia and get paid for it.

Now read this slowly, Vegas was open precisely because they had a mask mandate. You know, that thing that hurt your feelings.

View attachment 67377828

One has to wonder who misinformed the populace so badly...
Just Pravda doing its job as usual. Look at that 25 and under number (most likely most of the progressives here) and it is almost zero. What a crime how the public is still so easily deceived by our "leaders".

Okay.. we did that already. And you can see the death rate.
Because they still have to have care givers. They still have to go to the doctor, get their hair cut, get their toenails cut etc. have their medications set up for them. Have home repairs. etc..
Soooo

Not really. Because the most vulnerable have to have caregivers. Family that set up their medications, that make them dinner, that toilet and bath them etc.

Yeah.. but we established that those that are vulnerable cannot ameliorate their risk becuase they need services, care givers etc.
Everything that you say should have been done.. was done... and on top of that.. there were some companies that mandated masking and vaccination.. and yet.. still a very high death toll.

So.. under your suggestions.. more elderly would have died than did.
Please explain.
Proving once again that masks are essentially useless

Proving once again that masks are essentially useless
Nope.. not at all.
You just prove that you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Seriously..stop posting disinformation and ignorance.

Occam's razor suggests that what can be chalked up to ignorance is likely to simply be ignorance and not some weird conspiracy.
Yeah. The media hasn't covered COVID that much in the last two years.

Yeah. The media hasn't covered COVID that much in the last two years.
And many county and state health departments publish stats. Also the internet is full of facts and you can learn just about any skill you want to.

Yet people remain ignorant on any number of topics.

And many county and state health departments publish stats. Also the internet is full of facts and you can learn just about any skill you want to.

Yet people remain ignorant on any number of topics.
Bullshit. people are not going to go on the internet to find their county health website. They turn on the news. And for the past year what have they seen?

The President lecturing them if they don't get the vaccine and wear a mask, they are going to be fired and then they WILL DIE and their spouse WILL DIE, their children WILL DIE, their parents WILL DIE, their neighbors WILL DIE .
Fauci lecturing them that if they don't get vaccinated and boosted and reboosted and wear a mask, wear two masks, they are going to DIE and their spouse WILL DIEtheir children WILL DIE, their parents WILL DIE, their neighbors WILL DIE .
Their Governor closing all businesses and sports and concerts and restaurants and entertainment becasue they are going to DIE and their spouse WILL DIE,their children WILL DIE, their parents WILL DIE, their neighbors WILL DIE
Their Mayor closing all schools becasue their children WILL DIE, the children's teachers WILL DIE, they are going to DIE and their spouse WILL DIE their parents WILL DIE, their neighbors WILL DIE.

And the news reader comes on tells you that 4,567 people somewhere died with COIVID and the hospitals are overrun and everyone WILL DIE, because they want to scare the shit out of you so you tune in tomorrow and watch their garbage.

Bullshit. people are not going to go on the internet to find their county health website. They turn on the news. And for the past year what have they seen?

The President lecturing them if they don't get the vaccine and wear a mask, they are going to be fired and then they WILL DIE and their spouse WILL DIE, their children WILL DIE, their parents WILL DIE, their neighbors WILL DIE .
Fauci lecturing them that if they don't get vaccinated and boosted and reboosted and wear a mask, wear two masks, they are going to DIE and their spouse WILL DIEtheir children WILL DIE, their parents WILL DIE, their neighbors WILL DIE .
Their Governor closing all businesses and sports and concerts and restaurants and entertainment becasue they are going to DIE and their spouse WILL DIE,their children WILL DIE, their parents WILL DIE, their neighbors WILL DIE
Their Mayor closing all schools becasue their children WILL DIE, the children's teachers WILL DIE, they are going to DIE and their spouse WILL DIE their parents WILL DIE, their neighbors WILL DIE.

And the news reader comes on tells you that 4,567 people somewhere died with COIVID and the hospitals are overrun and everyone WILL DIE, because they want to scare the hit out of you so you tune in tomorrow and watch their garbage.

Where people go for information tends to depends on their age and technical abilities. For people you know, perhaps, they go to nightly news.

Also that was quite the catharsis you just had, you ok?

And the news reader comes on tells you that 4,567 people somewhere died with COIVID and the hospitals are overrun and everyone WILL DIE, because they want to scare the shit out of you so you tune in tomorrow and watch their garbage.
There has been almost 1 million US people dying of covid since the epidemic started.
Thats twice the number of servicemen that died in world war 2.

Multiple states had their hospitals go to crisis levels of care.. which means they have to decide who gets lifesaving treatment.
Because of being overrun with covid.

While.. you may not like the facts.... the fact is that this is one of the worst epidemics in US history.
The Spanish Flu killed about 675,000 in the US.

Frankly..I have known a number of patients like you. Willful denial of the risks of covid. And then I see the shock on their face when we tell them that we have to intubate them because of covid.
Or their wife or child didn;t make it because of covid.
In one case.. a wife and child.. since we lost the mother and the child in the womb.

Seeing this willful ignorance is truly disheartening. Why do you think all your areas medical professionals are lying to you?

Nope.. not at all.
You just prove that you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Seriously..stop posting disinformation and ignorance.
You first

A "den of dolts" would generally believe what they are told.

I would argue that the media's insistence on making the exception the rule in COVID-19 deaths left a lot of people with the impression that the death of anyone under 25 years old is common for political purposes, rather than extremely rare.

The response to COVID should have ALWAYS targeted those 65 and older while leaving the rest to live their lives. The group overwhelmingly impacted have the least connection to the workforce... and yet we rolled out a one size fits all approach (well, except for elites who never followed the rules) that needlessly tanked the American economy.
Yeah, that's easy to say. If you have a suggestion about how to "target" that crowd while leaving the rest of the economy open, please share. What you really mean but aren't saying is we shouldn't have cared that the old died, that the economy was more important than trying to save their lives.
Tell me, what "science" changed from January to today that has lead to waves of ending mask mandates at the state and federal level? Why is the SOTU maskless, and DC schools still masked? Again, look at the facts vs perception in the OP.
Such a mystery. I mean, cases have dropped in my area by more than 90% since January, but that can't have anything to do with it. And omicron was infectious enough to effectively get to nearly everyone getting out in public, so that there are few who are not vaccinated or have "natural" immunity, but that can't be it. Gosh, what can it be??!!!

You didn't have a year listed, and you linked to a page that wasn't the table you posted, and you only referenced Omicron in the last column. How was anyone supposed to know that the first two columns were 2021/2022 and not 2020/2021 wihout redoing your work... hence the question.

Out of curriosity, what do you think caused the rapid decline in Omicron cases over the last month?
You're the expert. Instead of sea lioning, tell us what you know, since you know so much.

Except I' not talking the vaccination specifically, though the argument there would also be to prioritize the most vunerable, but no need to mandate it.

My argument primarily is about the masks, shutting down schools, closing restaurants and private businesses and all the other nonsense, was not necessary if you provided for those who were actually at greatest risk and gave them the option to opt in to a voluntary quarantine.
Right, and how do you quarantine just the over 65 age group? My mother in law lived in an assisted living facility during COVID. Guess who works there - dozens of them? Oh, right, younger workers. If the workers get infected as you must want, how do you keep it from spreading into nursing homes? Oh, right, you cannot as we learned. They WERE as "quarantined" as a population can get, and there were massive nursing home outbreaks all across this country. Now do the same thing with seniors living at home, who need to shop, eat, go to the doctor, live their lives. They visit with kids, might need their kids to help them as my mother does. How do they do that without coming into contact with those young invincibles we shouldn't have cared about and in fact WANTED to get infected as fast as possible?

It would not have only been more effective, but far cheaper than the one-size fits all solution to a virus that was not one size fits all.
But that's a straw man. It was a 50 sizes approach at least. Actually in Tennessee where I live there were 6 different "solutions." The five biggest counties with their own health boards set their own policies independently, and the rest operated under state guidelines. So you're not even making an honest argument on our response as a country, or you are ignorant of that response and who established the guidelines.

Ummm…false, as usual
I get updates daily from my county PHD regarding local covid data.
I get medical journals that cover new developments.
Not everyone gets their information from Tucker Carlson or Dr Mercola.

Death cultists such as @JasperL @Ethel2 @jaeger19, control freaks in government and media trying to sell soap is why we had pandemic panic and ended with profound ignorance like this.

1646397273178.png

Right, and how do you quarantine just the over 65 age group? My mother in law lived in an assisted living facility during COVID. Guess who works there - dozens of them? Oh, right, younger workers. If the workers get infected as you must want, how do you keep it from spreading into nursing homes? Oh, right, you cannot as we learned. They WERE as "quarantined" as a population can get, and there were massive nursing home outbreaks all across this country.
LOL You're making the argument they were going to die no matter what, so why did you have to shut down schools and restaurants and gyms?

Not too much showing of age. I can still remember! Anyway, I was reminiscing of Wolfgang, the WW2 German soldier, played by Arte Johnson on Laugh-in, who would hide behind potted plants spying on people and after overhearing what some would say would respond ”Verrrrry interesting…but stupid!”, to answer your question. I added the "h" to "stupid" because I liked the Sgt. Schultz pronunciation better.
I had a 'thing' about the late Judy Carne. I think most kids of my age did!
1646398008864.png

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself!!
Lol
If I felt any better about myself, the medical community would want to conduct extensive studies so they can give a leftist just an ounce of my happiness and intellect.

Now as to you contending I have lied, please submit just ONE! Turns out that I was right and everyone else here (liberals like you) was wrong about masks and the need for vaxx for those under 50. Just ONE lie....is that too hard for you like it was for Trump when I asked for his biggest whopper to the sound of crickets.

Back
Top Bottom