• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court packing.

The only thing you got right in your post is that the right does like guns. Of course, without guns, you leftists would not have a country to ruin now.
With a better grasp of math, less self-righteousness and a bit of humility, someday you might understand!

My life is going to be minimally impacted regardless of who wins. I have a life outside of ideology. Leftists are the ones that go scorched Earth when they do not get their way. I will still get up and go to work the next day, same as always.

Scorched earth? You mean like the racist Trump getting his white supremacist thugs to intimidate voters at the polls?

**** Trump and **** all of the Repug Nazi racists that support that mother ****er.

Scorched earth? You mean like the racist Trump getting his white supremacist thugs to intimidate voters at the polls?

**** Trump and **** all of the Repug Nazi racists that support that mother ****er.
No, I mean the burning down of cities for months on end and throwing tantrums any time you do not get what you want. I would like you to show me when conservatives have done that in the last 100 years.

I figured you'd run out of arguements when instead of addressing the topic of the recount you went off on a tangent about where you lived. CT nonsense. The recount proved the popular vote in Florida, when completed, went to Bush. No matter what district you were living in at the time, nor how long you lived there

I figured you'd run out of arguements when instead of addressing the topic of the recount you went off on a tangent about where you lived. CT nonsense. The recount proved the popular vote in Florida, when completed, went to Bush. No matter what district you were living in at the time, nor how long you lived there
Doh! You continue to miss the relationship between Katherine Harris and certification of the 2000 Florida Election results. She wrapped up a pile of poo :poop: and declared it stink free! Wink wink!

YouPoint.png

Doh! You continue to miss the relationship between Katherine Harris and certification of the 2000 Florida Election results. She wrapped up a pile of poo :poop: and declared it stink free! Wink wink!

View attachment 67300092
There was a full recount. It showed Bush would have won, even if the count hadn't been stopped.

To claim that some deep state conspiracy interfered with the 2000 US Presidential election is cray cray.

The Florida Supreme Court ruled 7 - 0 in favor of Gore. GW Bush's brother Jeb served as Florida Governor during the case. The two brothers, Jeb and GW appeared to support each other's election ambitions. Katherine Harris, served dual roles during the case. As Secretary of State her duties included certifying the Florida Election. She also served as Co-Chair of GW Bush's election efforts in Florida.

None of those facts establish the Bush v Gore decision was the product of bias. None of the people you referenced wrote any part of the opinion by SCOTUS.

Bias:
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.
Imbalance:
lack of proportion or relation between corresponding things.

Cool, you have provided the meanings you are invoking. But this isn’t a test of whether you could simply provide a meaning. The issue is whether those meanings are factually applicable to what you claim they apply to.

The issue is now what facts are there that such a meaning of bias was prevalent in the Bush v Gore decision?

The issue now is what about the Court meets the meaning of imbalance?

It isn’t enough to just quote a meaning. Analysis and argument is required to show how and why the facts meet the meaning.

'Old Fashion' need not include irascible intransigent thinking. 'New Fashion' often includes Googling.

Oh is this the problem? So, according to you, I’m to Google the meaning of bias, and guess which site’s meaning suits your use? Asking you to better develop your position isn’t irascible or intransigent thinking. Blaming others for their failure to fill in the gaps for your argument is untenable. If you construe a remark that your view has gaps as irascible, then it is you who is behaving intransigent.

Even someone as dumb as Trump can grasp the relationship between 'bias', 'imbalance' and the USSC Bush v. Gore decision.

Or as deluded as you to think you’ve established factually Bush v Gore was the product of bias, or the Court is imbalanced, on the mere basis of quoting specific definitions. All the while failing to take the next step of showing how the facts meet each meaning.

Last edited:
Or, unjustified on their own demerits. I think we all agree that Republicans, in general, and McConnell and Graham in particular, are rank hypocrites on the subject, no? And, of course, that there is no functional difference between not filling available seats for partisan gain and adding seats for partisan gain, right? No gas involved. ("Packing" and "stacking" are functionally equivalent, and equally abusive of honor and good order. The effort to distinguish them is really hilarious, embarrassing, and truthfully, "gaslighting".)

The distinction is salient. In the same way that ballot harvesting must be distinguished from ballot stuffing, so too should be Court packing be distinguished from partisan withholding of consent to fill seats with partisans. But I can tell you are unmoved because you feel your side has taken it lying down for too long, so you feel you need to say to justify naked partisan power grabs as a "balancing of the scales", NWRatCon. Just do not presume to claim your politicians are any better in principle. You may say your goals are more laudable, but the methods by which you would wish to achieve them are no less foul.

There was a full recount. It showed Bush would have won, even if the count hadn't been stopped.

To claim that some deep state conspiracy interfered with the 2000 US Presidential election is cray cray.
No convincing you or Matt Gaetz differently. Matt never utilized political connections to evade a DUI conviction, right? Nothing racist about a town in Florida called Brooksville named after famous segregationist Preston Brooks, right? I mean Trump only took 58 out of 67 Florida counties in 2016. The Righteous Florida GOP could never ever outwit dem Evil DEMs in a Florida election. No GOP Sheriff or Supervisor Election would ever attempt to manipulate an election outcome, right? Former two term Governor, Rick Scott, now Florida's Junior Senator, never ever engaged in any kind of Medicare Fraud before becoming Governor, right?

Give me a break! As someone born in Florida in 1956, graduated University of Florida, votes in Florida and considered Florida his home his entire life, I know better. I know Katherine Harris too.

IRL, not everyone can connect dots. IRL, controversy and the Bush v. Gore decision went hand-in-hand. You know the ins and outs of the DP CT section way way better than me.

No convincing you or Matt Gaetz differently. Matt never utilized political connections to evade a DUI conviction, right? Nothing racist about a town in Florida called Brooksville named after famous segregationist Preston Brooks, right? I mean Trump only took 58 out of 67 Florida counties in 2016. The Righteous Florida GOP could never ever outwit dem Evil DEMs in a Florida election. No GOP Sheriff or Supervisor Election would ever attempt to manipulate an election outcome, right? Former two term Governor, Rick Scott, now Florida's Junior Senator, never ever engaged in any kind of Medicare Fraud before becoming Governor, right?

Give me a break! As someone born in Florida in 1956, graduated University of Florida, votes in Florida and considered Florida his home his entire life, I know better. I know Katherine Harris too.

IRL, not everyone can connect dots. IRL, controversy and the Bush v. Gore decision went hand-in-hand. You know the ins and outs of the DP CT section way way better than me.
You are off the rails man. There is no deep state conspiracy to alter the 2000 US presidential election. It literally didn't happen. Your worries about some town in Florida named after some dude or some guy who wasn't found guilty of DUI has no bearing on the topic. People your age seem to often fall for conspiracy theories, and then ramble on about unrelated topics when asked for evidence. Something about being old. It'll be ok, your medicare will be fine Grandpa.

The Republicans did not block the nominees "just because they could". The did so because the nominees did not align with their ideology, no different than the Democrats would have and have done.
Right. This is the door Harry Reid opened. He also passed the rule that allows it. Pigeons

Fair? They? If you liked the certification, major thanks go to Katherine Harris in her dual role as Florida Secretary of State (tasked with certifying the election) and Florida Co-Chair of the Elect GW Bush Campaign. Doh! Yeah, put a fox by a chicken cage and act confused later on when you find lots of blood, feathers and carcasses. Loudly proclaim "Nothing to see here folks!
Yes. Katherine Harris did her job correctly. It happens she probably enjoyed it, but that does not make it wrong. Bush won every count and every recount. It is not possible to honestly view the facts in any way but a Bush victory.

Changing the rules about filling court vacancies is court packing as well. McConnell changed the rules to fill the Scalia vacancy and then changed them again to fill RBG's vacancy. When you play fast and loose with the rules to suit your own purposes, you destroy them.
McConnell did not change the rule. He took advantage of a rule change Harry Reid put in place.

Call it whatever you want, I don't give a ****. You Repugs stole a Supreme Court seat in 2016 and now you're going to ****ing pay for it.
They did not steal anything.

I love that you have the point going over your own head. That's classic.

View attachment 67300092
This is perfect too. You trying to pin Gore's loss on Harris misses the point. Gore lost is the point.

You are off the rails man. There is no deep state conspiracy to alter the 2000 US presidential election. It literally didn't happen. Your worries about some town in Florida named after some dude or some guy who wasn't found guilty of DUI has no bearing on the topic. People your age seem to often fall for conspiracy theories, and then ramble on about unrelated topics when asked for evidence. Something about being old. It'll be ok, your medicare will be fine Grandpa.

There was NEVER a full recount in FL in 2000. You are categorically wrong and simply don't know what you are talking about.

The distinction is salient. In the same way that ballot harvesting must be distinguished from ballot stuffing, so too should be Court packing be distinguished from partisan withholding of consent to fill seats with partisans. But I can tell you are unmoved because you feel your side has taken it lying down for too long, so you feel you need to say to justify naked partisan power grabs as a "balancing of the scales", NWRatCon. Just do not presume to claim your politicians are any better in principle. You may say your goals are more laudable, but the methods by which you would wish to achieve them are no less foul.

No, Democrats are FAR less foul. Republicans stole a Supreme Court seat in 2016. Democrats did not. And the Repug Party is going to get their comeuppance. Very soon.

The Republicans did not block the nominees "just because they could". The did so because the nominees did not align with their ideology, no different than the Democrats would have and have done. That is the nuance you seem to have a hard time finding.

That's your assessment and you are free to feel that way but the American people are calling bullshit. 🤷🏾‍♂️

No, I mean the burning down of cities for months on end and throwing tantrums any time you do not get what you want. I would like you to show me when conservatives have done that in the last 100 years.
That's kind of how your country started innit? Do Americans not read their own ****ing history? Why do I have to come here and remind them of the Boston Tea Party? Then there was that whole pesky civil war white wingers started because they wanted to maintain slavery. Burning down your cities because you guys keep letting cops murder black people is the nice version. Keep pushing people and see what happens. Black people in 2020 have had about enough of that shit.

Nope. Court packing is also violating Senate norms and traditions. Which is what Moscow Mitch and the Repugs did in 2016 with Merrick Garland. They literally stole a Supreme Court seat from Obama and the Democrats. That is court packing.

You get your ****ing facts straight.
As usual, you dont know wtf you are talking about. Court packing is increasing the number of justices. Thats a fact that wont change no matter how much whining you do

Come now. We're not talking about breaking the law here. If congress creates more court positions, which legally it is entitled to do, Biden would have to fill them. It's all constitutional. That's what Republicans taught us. If it's constitutional, it must be okay.
No one said it was unconstitutional. BUt its good to know that when Trump is reelected you are all in for him adding more conservative justices to the SC

That's kind of how your country started innit? Do Americans not read their own ****ing history? Why do I have to come here and remind them of the Boston Tea Party? Then there was that whole pesky civil war white wingers started because they wanted to maintain slavery. Burning down your cities because you guys keep letting cops murder black people is the nice version. Keep pushing people and see what happens. Black people in 2020 have had about enough of that shit.
Right. Blacks want to be slaughtered only by other blacks. They love that ****.

Call it whatever you want, I don't give a ****. You Repugs stole a Supreme Court seat in 2016 and now you're going to ****ing pay for it.
I got some bad news for you. 1) the election hasnt happened yet. 2) Biden is playing his angry hateful base for the suckers that they are. He is not going to pack the court. He just cant say it because he needs the unhinged to vote for him.

Right. Blacks want to be slaughtered only by other blacks. They love that ****.

Your only counter is racism because the reality is its white wingers who support murder so long as its cops doing it to black people.

Back
Top Bottom