• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court orders Jussie Smollett be released from jail during appeal

Because you never let it end. You made this thread. You won't let it end, you do what you can to keep the drama front and centre.

If I made a thread about Trump you'd be among the first to join in....
You're a fine one to preach to anyone here on what they should be posting about or not.

Last edited:
Shit. His appeal will never be heard. The process will get going, someone will discover massive jury intimidation and that the judge attended KKK meetings in 1938 and the whole thing will be tossed, Juicy will be handed $105M in damages, everyone that investigated him will be fired or put in jail themselves and Kim Foxx will be appointed governor.

They will probably build a statue to Juicy too and put it in New York harbor after tearing down the statue of that racist white bitch that's there now.

There you go... Sounds like a soap opera to me. :giggle:

You can't prove that's what happened! Nobody can and that's the point of his release. The system is inherently racist and the ONLY reason Juicy was investigated is because of all the Trump, MAGA, Cracker mother****ers running Chicago and running loose on the streets.

I'll tell you one thing... I don't want to hear anyone ever complain about white privilege again.

Shit. His appeal will never be heard. The process will get going, someone will discover massive jury intimidation and that the judge attended KKK meetings in 1938 and the whole thing will be tossed, Juicy will be handed $105M in damages, everyone that investigated him will be fired or put in jail themselves and Kim Foxx will be appointed governor.

They will probably build a statue to Juicy too and put it in New York harbor after tearing down the statue of that racist white bitch that's there now.
I am watching some show about corruption right now.

Is that how our penal system is designed. If you aren't a physical threat to anyone, then no time in prison?

If that is the case, then why was Bernie Madoff sentenced 150 years in prison? It wasn't like Madoff was a threat to anyone?

See how that works?;)
Did you miss the whole "while waiting for the appeal" thing?

You know what. Let him spend all his money on this lunacy and then put him back in the slammer. I’m fine with letting him bankrupt himself in appeals.
Why not let everyone who is appealing a ruling remain out on bail while they wait?

The fact is he had his day in court and a jury found him guilty. He should be in jail while the appeal process plays out.

That sounds pretty dramatic and over-true-top, no ? Why you gotta feel like u need to throw the race card ?
LOL - I love it when racists accuse others of "using the race card". You guys have been calling for his head and have held him up as an example of why there is no racism in America. You guys are so transparent.

Did you miss the whole "while waiting for the appeal" thing?
No, I didn't. Smollet is GUILTY of a felony. His punishment should start NOW. Nobody is automatically entitled to be out of prison while waiting for appeal. This shitbird is getting special treatment that normal people, especially normal black men, do not get.

This isn't news

He's normalizing lunacy
He sure looks like he is. Obviously a race hate crime hoax , and yet still claims his innocence, against all the evidence.

Why would two out of three judges let him out? Tell me one good reason why...
The reasoning is that Smollett is appealing, and the time required for that appeal is greater than his sentence.
The beyond obvious read here is that Smollett was in jail for a few days, didn't like it (being in the psych ward), and order his lawyers to get him the hell out of there by any means, and this ploy is what his lawyers came up with.

No, I didn't. Smollet is GUILTY of a felony. His punishment should start NOW. Nobody is automatically entitled to be out of prison while waiting for appeal. This shitbird is getting special treatment that normal people, especially normal black men, do not get.
Agreed. His appeal is going to fail, and I would expect the balance of his sentence will need to be served, as well as the other terms, fine and restitution.

LOL - I love it when racists accuse others of "using the race card". You guys have been calling for his head and have held him up as an example of why there is no racism in America. You guys are so transparent.
Calling someone racist without proof of racist actually makes you the racist one, buddy…

I think the guy's a scumbag, but I don't think jailing people for stuff like this is a good idea. Give him an option - jail, or ankle bracelet and home confinement.

It's not like he's a threat to anyone.

Yes he is. He's a threat to civility and, thus, social order. When you create a false claim of racial violence in America, you're threatening the broader peace.

Frankly, I thought his charade was a hate crime and he should've been sentenced to more than 150 days. I have no sympathy for this pathetic bigot.

You’re asking me how a man scripting, paying for, and committing a false flag attack for the purpose of inflaming national racial tensions for his personal benefit and showing zero remorse for that is a menace to society?
You are giving the idiot way too much credit. I doubt there was much thought in this beyond self promotion

How is he a benefit to society? Race relations? Healing?
No more no less than you. Actually as an actor he made more money than you thus contributing more in tax revenue and he actually entertained and made some people happy. Something I doubt you could say.

They have to appeal it first before he can serve it.
Is this gonna' be the new standard for those who are found guilty? :eek:
It is a standard that has already existed in several places based on crime and sentence. There is no right to it, but it can and has been given before this case.

You would think that his sentence was so small that an appeals court would not even touch this.

Back
Top Bottom