• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court orders Jussie Smollett be released from jail during appeal

What the heck are you talking about? He was sentenced to jail time and put in jail. There was no delayed jail time. He went right to jail. If you want to say this is normal then you need to long some sort of documentation of this as bieng normal.
And was released because the appeals court process does allow that.

Yes I do. In fact, it was posted earlier in this thread, but here it is again.

On the other hand, if the conviction is for a relatively minor crime or the sentence is short, trial courts are more likely to allow bail. Many jurisdictions have determined that bail should be available if a defendant's jail sentence is shorter than the amount of time it will likely take to resolve the appeal (oftentimes a year or more).

So if the court gave Smollett 3 years in prison then he would have no chance of bailing out for an appeal but since he gave him a short sentence then he gets out of jail on bail?

So if the court gave Smollett 3 years in prison then he would have no chance of bailing out for an appeal but since he gave him a short sentence then he gets out of jail on bail?
Pretty much. Not that hard to figure out. But it just delays his sentencing. It doesn't count towards it. He will still have to serve that same amount of time in jail unless he wins his appeal in some way.

No this guy has done nothing like that. Sounds like you've gone to trump university for your "Logic 101". You should try a real school dude - but wait - no, you'd better not, they might talk about slavery and we all know how much that upsets you.
No that's exactly what you did. Unfortunately for you your posts are they for all to see.

Funny first you call me a Trump supporter and then when that fails miserable you go to trying to call me a racist.

When this fails what is going to be the next round of the liberal comebacks when losing an argument playbook.

No that's exactly what you did. Unfortunately for you your posts are they for all to see.

Funny first you call me a Trump supporter and then when that fails miserable you go to trying to call me a racist.

When this fails what is going to be the next round of the liberal comebacks when losing an argument playbook.
"Liberal comebacks". Taken right from the trump fan playbook. Well done. I guess we'll see you on TV next Jan 6th.

"Liberal comebacks". Taken right from the trump fan playbook. Well done. I guess we'll see you on TV next Jan 6th.
Sorry if you don't like the truth of what you are doing thrown back at you but that's just to bad.

Still waiting for you to quote me saying something supportive of Trump. You know the claim you made and then promptly ran away from because you don't have the integrity to admit you were talking out your ass.

Sorry if you don't like the truth of what you are doing thrown back at you but that's just to bad.

Still waiting for you to quote me saying something supportive of Trump. You know the claim you made and then promptly ran away from because you don't have the integrity to admit you were talking out your ass.
You're right. Your posts are much more lowbrow that trump's tweets were. You're definitely something else.

You are a YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of trump's though, bd. You're not fooling anyone.

You're right. Your posts are much more lowbrow that trump's tweets were. You're definitely something else.

You are a YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of trump's though, bd. You're not fooling anyone.
Coming from you that is hilarious. Do you think many people don't remember some of your past posts.

Yes such a huge Trump supporter you can't quote me saying anything positive about trump.
I honestly don't know if I should be laughing at you out actually feeling sorry for you.

I honestly think Jesse has some issues....like really...I feel uncomfortable putting nutcases in jail...rather like a special ward...
I mean he still insists he told the truth...so I would say: nutter...

I honestly think Jesse has some issues....like really...I feel uncomfortable putting nutcases in jail...rather like a special ward.

He's just another amoral narcissist. He should serve his sentence, no lenience granted.

He's just another amoral narcissist. He should serve his sentence, no lenience granted.
Maybe...but that level of self delusion (says he he is innocnet) does indicate a sense of "not being all there" to me...so...I still think prison may be the wrong place...

It is not known to stop recidivism...

I just think obvious nutters like him should go for mental treatment rather than prison....

But I am not 100 on this

Coming from you that is hilarious. Do you think many people don't remember some of your past posts.

Yes such a huge Trump supporter you can't quote me saying anything positive about trump.
I honestly don't know if I should be laughing at you out actually feeling sorry for you.
Honestly, now you're just embarrassing yourself. You're one of the people who thinks you have to flush your john 11 times like trumps says you do. You probably think trump's phone call with Ukraine was "perfect" and that accusing the trump campaign of colluding with Russia was just some "lib hoax". Don't you?

Face it, my friend, you love you some Donny. Just own it.

Honestly, now you're just embarrassing yourself. You're one of the people who thinks you have to flush your john 11 times like trumps says you do. You probably think trump's phone call with Ukraine was "perfect" and that accusing the trump campaign of colluding with Russia was just some "lib hoax". Don't you?

Face it, my friend, you love you some Donny. Just own it.
Lol. You keep making claims even though you can't back anything up. Speaking of sounding exactly like Trump you may not be a Trump supporter but you sound like the exact same person. But going off some of your past posts that doesn't surprise me. You two have a whole heck of a lot in common. Probably why you personally hate him so much. He reminds you too much of yourself.

Its funny because you don't realize it because you are so caught up in your own BS but you are just embarrassing yourself. Keep calling me a Trump supporter and yet you are unable to find a single post of mine supporting that clown. Hmmm wonder why.

I disagree...

I think he is a nutter
calling him crazy gives him a pass on his actions. He knows exactly what he was doing, and it was not from a mental illness. He is continuing to lie because he is a baby who cannot admit he is wrong. He thinks he has a community of his peers that will buy his denial even in the face of a conviction. Probably he is right his peers will give him a pass.

Lol. You keep making claims even though you can't back anything up. Speaking of sounding exactly like Trump you may not be a Trump supporter but you sound like the exact same person. But going off some of your past posts that doesn't surprise me. You two have a whole heck of a lot in common. Probably why you personally hate him so much. He reminds you too much of yourself.

Its funny because you don't realize it because you are so caught up in your own BS but you are just embarrassing yourself. Keep calling me a Trump supporter and yet you are unable to find a single post of mine supporting that clown. Hmmm wonder why.
I'm sorry, I don't have time to read posts from you more than a tiny sentence. Could you revise this with just the bullet-points? Thanks!

I'm sorry, I don't have time to read posts from you more than a tiny sentence. Could you revise this with just the bullet-points? Thanks!
He basically said you are full of sh*t and you lie through your teeth.
He also stated that you act a lot like Trump but you are so far gone you probably don’t see it…

👍

True. But completely irrelevant to Jussie's case.
Point is, Smollett is not going to be hurting for work. He's most likely going to use this case to propel himself into a new career avenue, but just not one in show business.

Anthony Weiner does not hold a political office
Apologies, his page still said that he was holding office.
But apparently he's CEO of some business in New York now.

He basically said you are full of sh*t and you lie through your teeth.
He also stated that you act a lot like Trump but you are so far gone you probably don’t see it…

👍
Awww... that's adorable. His opinion matters as much to me as yours.

Back
Top Bottom