• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court Orders Jan. 6 Defense Lawyer Disbarred

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is interesting.

The court found that he:

Tuesday said the court found that he violated “professional rules that govern safekeeping property; meritorious claims and contentions; candor toward the tribunal; fairness to opposing party and counsel; unauthorized practice of law, multijurisdictional practice of law; bar admission and disciplinary matters … and misconduct.” The decision was effective on April 1.

He will appeal.

This is interesting.

The court found that he:

Tuesday said the court found that he violated “professional rules that govern safekeeping property; meritorious claims and contentions; candor toward the tribunal; fairness to opposing party and counsel; unauthorized practice of law, multijurisdictional practice of law; bar admission and disciplinary matters … and misconduct.” The decision was effective on April 1.

He will appeal.

Wow. That doesn't happen much.

This is interesting.

The court found that he:

He will appeal.

The guy sounds extremely unprofessional. Even the Bar association has standards.

This is interesting.

The court found that he:

He will appeal.

What a surprise, the lawyer is as scummy as the people he defends from 1/6.

Here he is...

1649249513432.png

This is interesting.

The court found that he:

He will appeal.

<yawn>

Going off this picture, the jerk has some resemblance to Putin. imo

Now, there's speculation that this sh*t bag Meggs won't have time to prepare for trial in July.
The most immediate impact of Moseley’s disbarment may be in the upcoming trial of 11 Oath Keepers facing charges of seditious conspiracy for their role in the Capitol breach, including Meggs.

Source: "professional rules that govern safekeeping property; meritorious claims and contentions; candor toward the tribunal; fairness to opposing party and counsel; unauthorized practice of law, multijurisdictional practice of law; bar admission and disciplinary matters … and misconduct."

@Paradoxical: <yawn>

Fair conduct of the law does not interest you. They're all lying crooks right?

This is interesting.

The court found that he:

He will appeal.

So he worked with Judicial Watch too. Makes sense.

Oath Keeper: "Hey guys, we might need a lawyer some day. Should we pick one out of the phone book?"

Oops. They should have picked one out of the phone book.

Yes it does.

There are hundreds of these hangers on floating around Southeast and Northern Virginia. They did gig work for right wing preassure groups and political messaging operations.

Professionalism and honesty are not particularly prized by these folks.

Source: "professional rules that govern safekeeping property; meritorious claims and contentions; candor toward the tribunal; fairness to opposing party and counsel; unauthorized practice of law, multijurisdictional practice of law; bar admission and disciplinary matters … and misconduct."

@Paradoxical: <yawn>

Fair conduct of the law does not interest you. They're all lying crooks right?
Generally, attorneys are devious, deceitful, and crooked. Just look at Perkins Coie who initiated the Russian Collusion ruse on behalf of Hillary and told her it was OK to destroy evidence by destroying cell phones

Generally, attorneys are devious, deceitful, and crooked. Just look at Perkins Coie who initiated the Russian Collusion ruse on behalf of Hillary and told her it was OK to destroy evidence by destroying cell phones

Sez the guy who cheered for the guy who has a seven hour gap in his White House phone records, and who almost certainly used burner phones throughout his insurrection attempt.

As for attorneys who are devious, deceitful and crooked, you’ve got Rudy Giuliani, Bill Barr, Sidney Powell.

Sez the guy who cheered for the guy who has a seven hour gap in his White House phone records, and who almost certainly used burner phones throughout his insurrection attempt.

As for attorneys who are devious, deceitful and crooked, you’ve got Rudy Giuliani, Bill Barr, Sidney Powell.
The Nixon tapes, eh? Why don't your side ask for his bathroom logs too?

The Nixon tapes, eh? Why don't your side ask for his bathroom logs too?

I didn’t say anything about the Nixon tapes.

You’re either responding to someone else, or trying to put words in my mouth again.

So crooked that they get struck off on a list of charges, not so much. The Oath Keepers picked a lawyer by political allegiance, and got a total dud.

So crooked that they get struck off on a list of charges, not so much. The Oath Keepers picked a lawyer by political allegiance, and got a total dud.
The Oath Keepers would hardly pick a snowflake to represent them. How can you know if some guy is a whack job? Like it or not people stay with their own kind in politics and race.

The Oath Keepers would hardly pick a snowflake to represent them. How can you know if some guy is a whack job? Like it or not people stay with their own kind in politics and race.

Unless you're dead-to-rights guilty and are looking for a hail mary (like OJ Simpson) you're better off with the public defender than a political choice. Courts don't give a damn about your politics.

Unless you're dead-to-rights guilty and are looking for a hail mary (like OJ Simpson) you're better off with the public defender than a political choice. Courts don't give a damn about your politics.
Sure. Like you would ever associate with a conservative. You would hire an attorney who agrees with progressives. OJ had a racist far-left attorney who knew how to make the case about racism and won. NPO conservative would have ever been considered for the defense. This is elitist musings that people are just gonna get "the best" no matter their politics or race. The world doesn't work that way no matter how the left would like it to. Your party selected a far-leftist for the SC and had the trifecta because she is female and black. They pander to their crowd. Everyone does. It's human nature.

Sure. Like you would ever associate with a conservative. You would hire an attorney who agrees with progressives.

I would not be that stupid. I would get the best attorney I could afford, or if that wasn't appreciably better than the average public defender, I'd take the public defender and exercise my right to dismiss them if they were a total beginner.

OJ had a racist far-left attorney who knew how to make the case about racism and won.

Against the odds though. If you're so far-gone guilty as he was, you can take the chance.

What the Oath Keepers should be doing is blending in with the crowd. Make the case that they didn't do anything hundreds of others did too, and shouldn't be treated any differently just because of what they do in their private club.

Well they get another chance to make that decision. They can't use Moseley any more.

NPO conservative would have ever been considered for the defense. This is elitist musings that people are just gonna get "the best" no matter their politics or race. The world doesn't work that way no matter how the left would like it to. Your party selected a far-leftist for the SC and had the trifecta because she is female and black. They pander to their crowd. Everyone does. It's human nature.

Biden's preference for blacks and women is not something I have to answer for. He made a big mistake in my opinion, announcing that he would be selecting a woman and then taking forever to actually choose one. It undermined Harris from the start.

Got that? I don't agree with profiling, whether it's negative or positive. But Brown might be the only chance he gets in 4 or 8 years to appoint a Justice, so I don't mind that he pulled the lever hard to redress Trump's appointments of two white men and a white woman. It's like defensive profiling, and I'm not bothered unless he does it again.

Going off this picture, the jerk has some resemblance to Putin. imo

Now, there's speculation that this sh*t bag Meggs won't have time to prepare for trial in July.
The oaf queefers should be just legally disbanded too.

I would not be that stupid. I would get the best attorney I could afford, or if that wasn't appreciably better than the average public defender, I'd take the public defender and exercise my right to dismiss them if they were a total beginner.

Against the odds though. If you're so far-gone guilty as he was, you can take the chance.

What the Oath Keepers should be doing is blending in with the crowd. Make the case that they didn't do anything hundreds of others did too, and shouldn't be treated any differently just because of what they do in their private club.

Well they get another chance to make that decision. They can't use Moseley any more.

Biden's preference for blacks and women is not something I have to answer for. He made a big mistake in my opinion, announcing that he would be selecting a woman and then taking forever to actually choose one. It undermined Harris from the start.

Got that? I don't agree with profiling, whether it's negative or positive. But Brown might be the only chance he gets in 4 or 8 years to appoint a Justice, so I don't mind that he pulled the lever hard to redress Trump's appointments of two white men and a white woman. It's like defensive profiling, and I'm not bothered unless he does it again.
You are very idealistic and imagine a world where everyone should just get along. It doesn't work that way. People want to associate with those of like mind AND color. Now, whether you approve of that, like that, or agree with that, it is the truth and human nature. Do you think that BLM associates with white people or conservatives or should? If they did, they wouldn't be BLACK lives matter. Do you think that Asians should live and associate with their own kind in cities like New York, parts of LA, and Orange County, or should "blend in"?

Of course, you will always get the outliers. That is NOT the norm. A progressive will look for the best PROGRESSIVE attorney and so on. Criticizing a group because they happened to hire a crooked attorney because he was conservative means you are criticizing human nature. Birds of a color flock together.

You are very idealistic and imagine a world where everyone should just get along. It doesn't work that way. People want to associate with those of like mind AND color. Now, whether you approve of that, like that, or agree with that, it is the truth and human nature.

You're saying that my nature is not human nature. I should bite you on the leg!

Do you think that BLM associates with white people or conservatives or should?

Yes and yes. Most of the protesters were actually white.

If they did, they wouldn't be BLACK lives matter. Do you think that Asians should live and associate with their own kind in cities like New York, parts of LA, and Orange County, or should "blend in"?

It's up to them. New arrivals want to stay with "their own kind" because the cultures are very different, but some get out and mix with society at large. After two or three generations it is most, and largely by intermarriage. Teenage rebellion and development of sexuality coincide in a way that is probably no accident (evolution favors outbreeding and punishes inbreeding) and there's nothing like having a different race or religion spouse to bridge the gap between cultures.

Of course, you will always get the outliers. That is NOT the norm. A progressive will look for the best PROGRESSIVE attorney and so on. Criticizing a group because they happened to hire a crooked attorney because he was conservative means you are criticizing human nature. Birds of a color flock together.

Total rubbish. If you're ever up on charges I suggest you put aside such foolish tribalism. You could even make it work in your favor, if you were more objective about the biases of others. If you're charged with a crime against a black person, I strongly advise you to get a black attorney. Do NOT get a notorious racist to make your case.

Back
Top Bottom