• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court orders company to comply with special counsel subpoena in mystery grand jury appeal

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
It's coming fast and furious these days...

Court orders company to comply with special counsel subpoena in mystery grand jury appeal

A secret court case apparently about a grand jury subpoena from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation gained a little more clarity Tuesday night after a court ruling revealed the subpoena challenger is an unnamed company owned by a foreign country.

The Justice Department had asked the company to turn over "information" about its commercial activity in a criminal investigation and a federal appeals court is forcing the unnamed company to comply with the subpoena.​

A secret court orders an unknown company of an unknown country to provide unspecified documents.

Well if that doesn't prove conclusively that President Trump is a criminal, nothing can.

A secret court orders an unknown company of an unknown country to provide unspecified documents.

Well if that doesn't prove conclusively that President Trump is a criminal, nothing can.

Nice straw man.

I wonder what foreign company it is and how it affects Mueller's investigation?

Maybe VEB ... the Russian Bank that Cohen's contact claimed would do the financing for building a Trump tower in Moscow and buying the rights to Trump's name.

?!?

Maybe VEB ... the Russian Bank that Cohen's contact claimed would do the financing for building a Trump tower in Moscow and buying the rights to Trump's name.

?!?

... or maybe ...

"In December 2016 the current president of VEB, Sergey Gorkov, met with senior Trump advisor and son-in-law of President Trump Jared Kushner"

?!?

?!?
My first thought when i found out it was a foreign company was that it was likely a bank. It just makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My first thought when i found out it was a foreign company was that it was likely a bank. It just makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The Cohen-linked Russian bank was VTB, not VEB ... so, ignore my first suggestion.
Most likely the bank CEO that met with Kushner.

Who wanted it this secret...the person fighting it or Mueller's team?

A secret court case apparently about a grand jury subpoena from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation gained a little more clarity Tuesday night after a court ruling revealed the subpoena challenger is an unnamed company owned by a foreign country.

The Justice Department had asked the company to turn over "information" about its commercial activity in a criminal investigation and a federal appeals court is forcing the unnamed company to comply with the subpoena.​

How mysterious. I bet it has nothing to do with Hillary and Bill Clinton and their rewarding lobbying efforts in favor of those Russians and other foreigners making billions from Uranium One's purchase of a large percentage of control over American bomb-making raw materials.

How mysterious. I bet it has nothing to do with Hillary and Bill Clinton and their rewarding lobbying efforts in favor of those Russians and other foreigners making billions from Uranium One's purchase of a large percentage of control over American bomb-making raw materials.

Why don't you start an investigation? I'm still waiting for Trump to launch his to put her in jail as he said he would; hope that pans out better than Mexico paying for the wall.

Why don't you start an investigation? I'm still waiting for Trump to launch his to put her in jail as he said he would; hope that pans out better than Mexico paying for the wall.

Iirc, he did effect an official investigation. No word on that.

Iirc, he did effect an official investigation. No word on that.

Yeah, I wasn't sure where it was going to go after that TV interview where he said he didn't want to hurt the Clintons because they had gone through enough.

You can bet your last dime Hillary will not be spending any of her $100 million Uranium One profits on strengthening America's security.

You can bet your last dime Hillary will not be spending any of her $100 million Uranium One profits on strengthening America's security.

No more than Trump is pitching his private money to fund the wall I suppose.

No more than Trump is pitching his private money to fund the wall I suppose.

Americans should be more concerned about spending money to make our borders safe than spending exponentially more money to provide food, shelter, clothing, healthcare and other necessities to growing numbers of poor people invading our nation through our porous southern border.

Americans should be more concerned about spending money to make our borders safe than spending exponentially more money to provide food, shelter, clothing, healthcare and other necessities to growing numbers of poor people invading our nation through our porous southern border.

When there's a sound plan to do so, then I think more people will be willing to commit to something. Building walls or whatever other structure makes no sense if you're not dealing with the demand; that's the source you need to curtail first and foremost. This issue isn't dealt with because powerful people and consumers benefit from cheap labor.

Go away. Away to the nutjob conspiracy forum with that crap. Thank you and have a nice day!

Go away. Away to the nutjob conspiracy forum with that crap. Thank you and have a nice day!

Definition of nut job conspiracy theory: Trump/Russian collusion fairy tales.

Nutjob

Definition of nut job conspiracy theory: Trump/Russian collusion fairy tales.

Nutjob

Is so nutty that there is a massive investigation into it. While your "theories" are just ground up fruit-cake ideas proposed on backwater websites and propagated by people like yourself.

Well, if there is one thing the Presidency doesn't have enough of, it is rampant speculation from liberal detractors....My God, this is a story?

Is so nutty that there is a massive investigation into it. While your "theories" are just ground up fruit-cake ideas proposed on backwater websites and propagated by people like yourself.

It's an illegitimate investigation.

Back
Top Bottom