• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court orders company to comply with special counsel subpoena in mystery grand jury appeal

Well, if there is one thing the Presidency doesn't have enough of, it is rampant speculation from liberal detractors....My God, this is a story?

yeah... such a nonstory that it took time out of your day to read it. :lol:

One would think that if it is such a nonstory you wouldn't bother to post about it.

yeah... such a nonstory that it took time out of your day to read it. :lol:

One would think that if it is such a nonstory you wouldn't bother to post about it.

Well, it caught my eye....So, I clicked on it...Guess that's what they mean by "clickbait".....In any case, like one poster said so well...A secret court orders a secret subpoena, to a secret company, from a secret nation....In days gone by this wouldn't have been a story until they could report at least one fact.

Well, it caught my eye....So, I clicked on it...Guess that's what they mean by "clickbait".....In any case, like one poster said so well...A secret court orders a secret subpoena, to a secret company, from a secret nation....In days gone by this wouldn't have been a story until they could report at least one fact.

There's a back button your browser as well. You don't have to hit the quote button to get out of it.

The court ordered the company to comply with the subpeona. Thats the fact thats being reported.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Is so nutty that there is a massive investigation into it. While your "theories" are just ground up fruit-cake ideas proposed on backwater websites and propagated by people like yourself.
A massive investigation that was based on the Steele Russian dossier that Michael Isikoff the reporter that broke the dossier story now says is likely false. He also said that they had reporters crawling all over Russian trying to verify the dossier and have not been able to verify the claims made in it. So if Isikoff
But he said when "you actually get into the details of the Steele dossier, the specific allegations, we have not seen the evidence to support them, and, in fact, there's good grounds to think that some of the more sensational allegations will never be proven and are likely false."

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/nation-now/reporter-who-broke-steele-dossier-story-says-ex-british-agents-claims-likely-false/465-7f66adaa-15a2-463e-8ab7-c8ac9475427d

A massive investigation that was based on the Steele Russian dossier that Michael Isikoff the reporter that broke the dossier story now says is likely false. He also said that they had reporters crawling all over Russian trying to verify the dossier and have not been able to verify the claims made in it.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/nation-now/reporter-who-broke-steele-dossier-story-says-ex-british-agents-claims-likely-false/465-7f66adaa-15a2-463e-8ab7-c8ac9475427d

More nuttery talk. If there's no there there, then you got nothing to worry about right?

How mysterious. I bet it has nothing to do with Hillary and Bill Clinton and their rewarding lobbying efforts in favor of those Russians and other foreigners making billions from Uranium One's purchase of a large percentage of control over American bomb-making raw materials.

You mean that fake story about Bill and Hillary?

The court ordered the company to comply with the subpeona. Thats the fact thats being reported.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ok, so what are we supposed to do with that? We don't know anymore about anything until it comes out....This story is for those that just can't go one day without, ya know....TRUMP!

We don't know the company involved. We don't know the country involved. We don't know what parties are involved. We know absolutely nothing beyond the court telling some foreign company or other to comply with a subpoena. Any speculation on it in regards to Trump, Russia, bank or not a bank or whatever is worthless. Though I do wonder how a US court can force a foreign company in another country to turn over records of any kind, much less private documents.

Ok, so what are we supposed to do with that? We don't know anymore about anything until it comes out....This story is for those that just can't go one day without, ya know....TRUMP!

You never know anymore about anything until more comes out regarding any issue. But we did find out facts. And thus the facts were reported.

You seem to be trying to down play this simply because we don't have all the facts by acting as though we can't determine anything at all from the facts presented.

For instance, is Mueller done with his investigation and about to wrap up? Well now we know that he's still fighting court cases to get more info from foreign companies and apparently winning, so there is obviously more out there that he wants to uncover or maybe get more info on what he already knows.

It doesn't paint a full picture, but gives some clues.

We don't know the company involved. We don't know the country involved. We don't know what parties are involved. We know absolutely nothing beyond the court telling some foreign company or other to comply with a subpoena. Any speculation on it in regards to Trump, Russia, bank or not a bank or whatever is worthless. Though I do wonder how a US court can force a foreign company in another country to turn over records of any kind, much less private documents.

Oh come on.... what do you expect from our friendly president Trump haters?
They truly need the crazy fantasies about the presidents downfall. That is all we
see in post after post about president Trump. Stupid/crazy delusions. That's all they have today! ;)

You never know anymore about anything until more comes out regarding any issue. But we did find out facts. And thus the facts were reported.

You seem to be trying to down play this simply because we don't have all the facts by acting as though we can't determine anything at all from the facts presented.

For instance, is Mueller done with his investigation and about to wrap up? Well now we know that he's still fighting court cases to get more info from foreign companies and apparently winning, so there is obviously more out there that he wants to uncover or maybe get more info on what he already knows.

It doesn't paint a full picture, but gives some clues.

Full picture? It doesn't paint any picture at all.....What if this company is related to Tony, and John Podesta? Ever think of that?

Full picture? It doesn't paint any picture at all.....What if this company is related to Tony, and John Podesta? Ever think of that?

Well, I haven't seen any clue at all that they've been looking into Tony and John Podesta, but if so, then yes that's possible. So far the only names of companies names I've seen thrown around are the ones that have been mentioned in articles about the investigation to date. And I don't think it's silly to say that it's more likely to be a company related to issues that we actually been looked at by the investigation.

But lets not move the goal post. It does paint a picture. I've already told you. It establishes a fact. If we would have rec'd news that he was trying to serve a subpoena and a court rejected it, that also would have been news. Again, it wouldn't have given us a bright full picture, but it's a piece of a puzzle that lets us know there's still a puzzle out there.

Well, I haven't seen any clue at all that they've been looking into Tony and John Podesta, but if so, then yes that's possible. So far the only names of companies names I've seen thrown around are the ones that have been mentioned in articles about the investigation to date. And I don't think it's silly to say that it's more likely to be a company related to issues that we actually been looked at by the investigation.

But lets not move the goal post. It does paint a picture. I've already told you. It establishes a fact. If we would have rec'd news that he was trying to serve a subpoena and a court rejected it, that also would have been news. Again, it wouldn't have given us a bright full picture, but it's a piece of a puzzle that lets us know there's still a puzzle out there.

Ok then...I must yawn....We don't know anything more than that...So, there is nothing connecting it to Trump...

Ok then...I must yawn....We don't know anything more than that...So, there is nothing connecting it to Trump...

Trump wasn't even mentioned in the OP which you replied to.

You have no idea how telling it is that you rammed your way in to a thread that was created just to relay facts and didn't mention Trump just so that you could point out that it's not connected to Trump.

It makes me think your fully aware of just how dirty he is and how likely it is that he did some very illegal things. It's like your the guy at the party hanging out and someone comes out of a room and says "someone took a **** on the bed!" and you immediately scream out "I DIDN'T DO IT! AND YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT I DID IT!"

I mean it's just kind of hilarious.

So why did they start investigating Trump again remind me?

Reasons for appointing a special counsel

The special counsel appointment on May 17, 2017, followed a series of events that included Trump's firing of FBI director James Comey and Comey's allegation that Trump asked him to drop the FBI investigation into former National Security Advisor Michael T. Flynn.[34]

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, in his role as Acting Attorney General for matters related to the campaign due to the recusal of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, appointed Mueller, a former Director of the FBI, to serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) with authority to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections, including exploring any links or coordination between Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and the Russian government, "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation",[35] and any other matters within the scope of 28 CFR 600.4 – Jurisdiction.

As special counsel, Mueller has the power to issue subpoenas,[36] hire staff members, request funding, and prosecute federal crimes in connection with the election interference along with other crimes he may uncover.[37] The Constitutionality of indicting a sitting president remains an unsettled legal question.[38][39][40][41]​

And that's me debunking just one of the lying falsehoods claims you made in that short idiotic post of yours. Don't worry. You have a whole sphere of conspiracies theories you can toss about to pretend you know something on the topic.

Journalistic standards having degraded to their present low point. Makes a difference.

So why did they start investigating Trump again remind me?

Based almost solely on the often debunked, but still clung to by some, fatally flawed and largely fictitious Steele dossier, from a source the FBI dissmissed as being 'unsuitable for use' (I guess Stroke, Paige and McCabe should have told the FISA court judge about that - but didn't).

FBI documents show Russia dossier author deemed ‘not suitable for use’: Judicial Watch
Fox Business Videos August 6, 2018
Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton on how the FBI released 70 pages of heavily redacted records, which showed that ex-British spy Christopher Steele was admonished and deemed unsuitable as a confidential human source.
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/fbi-documents-show-russia-dossier-214545255.html

Anti-Trump dossier author was hired to help Hillary challenge 2016 election results
British ex-spy Christopher Steele, who wrote the Democrat-financed anti-Trump dossier, said in a court case that he was hired by a Democratic law firm in preparation for Hillary Clinton challenging the results of the 2016 presidential election.

He said the law firm Perkins Coie wanted to be in a position to contest the results based on evidence he unearthed on the Trump campaign conspiring with Moscow on election interference.

His scenario is contained in a sealed Aug. 2 declaration in a defamation law suit brought by three Russian bankers in London. The trio’s American attorneys filed his answers Tuesday in a libel lawsuit in Washington against the investigative firm Fusion GPS, which handled the former British intelligence officer.

In an answer to interrogatories, Mr. Steele wrote: “Fusion’s immediate client was law firm Perkins Coie. It engaged Fusion to obtain information necessary for Perkins Coie LLP to provide legal advice on the potential impact of Russian involvement on the legal validity of the outcome of the 2016 US Presidential election.

“Based on that advice, parties such as the Democratic National Committee and HFACC Inc. (also known as ‘Hillary for America’) could consider steps they would be legally entitled to take to challenge the validity of the outcome of that election.”
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/12/christopher-steele-hillary-clinton-was-preparing-t/

Except when Democrats and the political left question an election I guess. Just thinking of all the Dem's who disputed the most recent midterm elections. Democrats and the political left have nothing but double standards favoring themselves.

“a direct threat to our democracy” to even question the outcome of a U.S. election ??
Seems the Democrats and the political left have done nothing but since November 2016, including all the BS about Trump / Russian collusion.

God, what a bunch of hypocrites with nothing but double standards. These people should never gain access the levers of government power. Ever.

Maybe it was fake, maybe not.

except it was fake. Hillary had no power to pass the sale, only (potentially) stop it. Sorry but the facts do not stack up on that story.

except it was fake. Hillary had no power to pass the sale, only (potentially) stop it. Sorry but the facts do not stack up on that story.

Giustra just donated $100 million to the Clinton foundation for no reason? Was he having an affair with Hillary, or was he just stupid?

Back
Top Bottom