• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court: KKK can continue quest to 'adopt' a Georgia highway

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ATLANTA (AP) — Georgia's highest court has ruled that the Ku Klux Klan's lawsuit over its bid to 'adopt' a highway can continue.
In a unanimous decision announced Tuesday, the Supreme Court of Georgia dismissed the state's appeal of a lower court ruling. Court officials say the Georgia Department of Transportation failed to follow the correct procedures in filing its appeal.

So the KKK suit against the state of Georgia gets to continue, as that organization is vying for the right to have it's own sign on Georgia roads.

And to those of you who believe that the ACLU is a liberal organization, they are the ones who filed the lawsuit on behalf of the KKK. And it's not the first time they have helped the KKK. Remember Skokie, Illinois, in which the Klan was allowed to march through the Jewish section of the city?

Moral of the story? Yes, even douche bags have First Amendment rights. But I do have a question. Do terrorist organizations deserve them and, if not, then what defines a terrorist group?

Article is here.

But I do have a question. Do terrorist organizations deserve them and, if not, then what defines a terrorist group?

Are you saying the KKK is a terrorist group? Because I see them more as a hate group than a terrorist group (at least in it's current incarnation).

Well a terrorist group would be criminals, so no.

Criminals have rights too, though.

Except generally that right is limited and in the case of a terrorist organization their free speech is limited for the safety and security of society as a whole who you do you think ISIS propaganda should be protected?

Except generally that right is limited and in the case of a terrorist organization their free speech is limited for the safety and security of society as a whole who you do you think ISIS propaganda should be protected?

At what point did you decide I thought all rights are infinite?

At what point did you decide I thought all rights are infinite?

If all rights are infinite they lose meaning and purpose, you use the concept of reasonable limits.

Are you saying the KKK is a terrorist group? Because I see them more as a hate group than a terrorist group (at least in it's current incarnation).
The old KKK (when they were the militant branch of the democratic party) would meet the definition of a terrorist group.
The current KKK appears to mostly be just a hate group, who spread their vitriol to whomever is stupid enough to listen.

So the KKK suit against the state of Georgia gets to continue, as that organization is vying for the right to have it's own sign on Georgia roads.

And to those of you who believe that the ACLU is a liberal organization, they are the ones who filed the lawsuit on behalf of the KKK. And it's not the first time they have helped the KKK. Remember Skokie, Illinois, in which the Klan was allowed to march through the Jewish section of the city?

Moral of the story? Yes, even douche bags have First Amendment rights. But I do have a question. Do terrorist organizations deserve them and, if not, then what defines a terrorist group?

Article is here.

Yes, the idiots who whine about the ACLU don't know what they're talking about. Furthermore any organization should be allowed to adopt a section of the highway as long as they meet the requirements.

Same, they haven't been terrorists in decades.

In my experience, I always have to remind people that when they get into a KKK rant lol.

The old KKK (when they were the militant branch of the democratic party) would meet the definition of a terrorist group.

Yep. That's what I was referencing.

The current KKK appears to mostly be just a hate group, who spread their vitriol to whomever is stupid enough to listen.

Yep. But they do make for a fun time on Jerry Springer:

Yes their speech should be protected, as well as everyone else's. The first amendment protects all speech and the press from government.

I am glad they are reduced to a joke line, when I was a kid in Louisiana,
they were mean, dangerous people. (not much smarter, just mean and dangerous)

Same, they haven't been terrorists in decades.

In my experience, I always have to remind people that when they get into a KKK rant lol.

Definitely. They've basically been reduced to a small-sized hate group made up of a bunch of racist morons.

They used to be a terrorist group for sure, and if good liberals and conservatives don't keep them in their place, I believe that they would be again.

I believe that they would kill again if they thought they could get away with it.

This whole Highway thing is just a ruse. They want their "own" highway so they can have parades. When the Gay KKK comes out from under their white sheets, they'll invite BLM to join them in solidarity. That's when the real fun begins. What Constitution?

Article is here.

The KKK COULD have been defined as a terrorist group back in the Jim Crow era.

These days they are little more than a Fraternity of Hateful Bastards.

The race-centric group that could be considered a terrorist organization, today, is BlackLiesMatter.

But the KKK still commits terrorist acts. Here in Texas, there are 2 KKK members on death row for dragging a black man to death behind their pickup truck. So I do not regard them as funny. The KKK is every bit as terrorist as ISIS. The only difference is that America has a better legal system than the Middle East. If not for that, the KKK would still be lynching black people and blowing up their churches and homes for just wanting to vote.

And to those of you who believe that the ACLU is a liberal organization, they are the ones who filed the lawsuit on behalf of the KKK.

They are a "liberal" organization and that is precisely why they filed that and similar suits.

But the KKK still commits terrorist acts. Here in Texas, there are 2 KKK members on death row for dragging a black man to death behind their pickup truck. So I do not regard them as funny. The KKK is every bit as terrorist as ISIS. The only difference is that America has a better legal system than the Middle East. If not for that, the KKK would still be lynching black people and blowing up their churches and homes for just wanting to vote.

Yeah, I remember that..... Jerico, TX was it?

That was in the 1990s bro. Two decades ago isn't exactly what I call "Still".

If all rights are infinite they lose meaning and purpose, you use the concept of reasonable limits.

And at what point did you decide I was suggesting all rights are infinite?

I believe that they would kill again if they thought they could get away with it.

The thing is... they know they can get away with it.

Only, they don't need to get involved... Too many blacks are shooting blacks already in the urban terrorism battles in cities across America that they don't even need to get involved.

They are a "liberal" organization and that is precisely why they filed that and similar suits.
The few times in the past when the ACLU has helped the KKK, they had their own motives.
The big case that comes to mind is they defended the KKK's right to keep it's membership list private.
This supported the right of the ACLU to keep it's own membership list private.

I don't know, Comrade, should "propaganda" be illegal now?

Look, I get your point, but banning anything that could be "propaganda" is the most slippery slope in government. But if that's your choice, Comrade, Supreme Leader Putin very proud.

Back
Top Bottom