• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Couple trying to get married forced to prove New Mexico is a state

So you think it is the fault of the teachers that this clerk didn't know New Mexico was a state. What the heck, let's blame our obesity on teachers.
Part of the problem is that many of you think that your teachers are going to teach you all you need to know in life. Teachers give you a good basic education but that is only the beginning. There is no freaking law to prevent you from continuing your education after the school bell. We have became a country of people living by sound bites. They think that is all they need to know.
Perhaps instead of the teachers lets take a look at the parents.

I didn't blame the teachers in the slightest. I blamed the administrators and government, not teachers. Try reading more carefully.

I am betting the supervisor who thought New Mexico was a foreign country was on a 6 figure salary. And the clerk was probably his/her friend or relative. And I am betting both these morons are trump supporters. They probably saw the word Mexico and immediately thought 'foreign country'.

A Republican in DC? Try again.

Obviously someone doesn’t have a map

And the clerk was probably his/her friend or relative. And I am betting both these morons are trump supporters.

I am betting you dollars to donuts they are Ms. Hillary supporters.

I have read that many Americans (young and old) would not be able to locate the country of Mexico (let alone New Mexico) on a map. (And, of course, don't even think of asking them to locate Saudi Arabia!)

SIAP.

How many documents and licenses do clerks and supervisors see each day? Was the couple married? Did the civil workers see the error and allow the marriage?

Yeah, after reading the link, the civil workers found their mistake. The marriage was allowed.

The civil workers were diligent to not allow foreigners to marry. Is this the bone of your contention? Yeah, this thread is click bait.

SIAP.

How many documents and licenses do clerks and supervisors see each day? Was the couple married? Did the civil workers see the error and allow the marriage?

Yeah, after reading the link, the civil workers found their mistake. The marriage was allowed.

The civil workers were diligent to not allow foreigners to marry. Is this the bone of your contention? Yeah, this thread is click bait.

No.
The "bone of contention" is government workers who don't know that New Mexico is state. They're a lot like the birthers or yore who didn't seen to believe that Hawaii was a state.

Well it is overwhelmingly Democratic and run by the Democratic Party.

Don't be so smug. The same thing happened when the Summer Olympics were in Atlanta. People in New Mexico were told they had to go through their own country to get tickets.

Since there are only 4 countries on earth that spend more on education that the USA, it would appear the solution is not hiring more 6 figure administrators. It could be that standardized testing does not include such as civics and geography, therefore there is no reason to teach such subjects.

Especially not when you're trying to set up a dictatorship.

I am betting the supervisor who thought New Mexico was a foreign country was on a 6 figure salary. And the clerk was probably his/her friend or relative. And I am betting both these morons are trump supporters. They probably saw the word Mexico and immediately thought 'foreign country'.

In D.C. it's unlikely they were Trump supporters.

A stupid DC clerk? No doubt a democrat chosen by affirmative action without regards to skill level.

Your hero says the oceans are small.

This is not a recent problem for New Mexicans. In fact on the last page of New Mexico Magazine they have a humorous section dedicated to such things called: One of our 50 is missing. That has stories like the one in the OP from all over the US. It turns out that many Americans are stupid, whether they be Trump supporters, Democrats, elected, government employee the common denominator is stupidity and ignorance.

No.
The "bone of contention" is government workers who don't know that New Mexico is state. They're a lot like the birthers or yore who didn't seen to believe that Hawaii was a state.

You may have something there. In the future if it suits anyone's purpose or agenda, dig up the 1912 documents when NM became a state and contest its statehood. It would be fun to watch.

When it comes to governments or large corporations, the absurd is normal. Since the couple is already in DC, they could go to the national archives and submit the documents showing New Mexico's admittance into the union.

Teachers: Suggested history test question: Was New Mexico admitted as a Union state or a Confederate state? Explain your answer.

Last edited:
You may have something there. In the future if it suits anyone's purpose or agenda, dig up the 1912 documents when NM became a state and contest its statehood. It would be fun to watch.

When it comes to governments or large corporations, the absurd is normal. Since the couple is already in DC, they could go to the national archives and submit the documents showing New Mexico's admittance into the union.

Teachers: Suggested history test question: Was New Mexico admitted as a Union state or a Confederate state? Explain your answer.

It wasn't admitted until 1912. The civil war was long over by then.

It isn't just geography and history. The spelling on this forum can be atroshus.

It wasn't admitted until 1912. The civil war was long over by then.

So the correct answer is that it was admitted as a union state, since all states were union states.

Ask the absurd to expose ignorance. The idea is to defeat "yes man" tendencies.

If a plane crashed in the Rio Grande, where would you bury the survivors?

Do you pronounce the "s" when you pronounce the capital of Kentucky?

So the correct answer is that it was admitted as a union state, since all states were union states.

Ask the absurd to expose ignorance. The idea is to defeat "yes man" tendencies.

If a plane crashed in the Rio Grande, where would you bury the survivors?

Do you pronounce the "s" when you pronounce the capital of Kentucky?

Sorry, but WTFO? How does this apply to the fact a couple of government assclowns didn't know New Mexico was a state?

Sorry, but WTFO? How does this apply to the fact a couple of government assclowns didn't know New Mexico was a state?

They should have taken and passed a civil service exam before being hired.

Has anyone ever seen a map ?

Yes, on my vehicle's GPS! If you want to see New Mexico on a map, just drive there and you'll see it on a map!

Another way to tell if it's a US state: When on a Federal highway, is the highway number on a red white and blue sign or a black and white sign shaped like an arrowhead?

MX19850452i1.jpg

67732769-layered-artwork-of-new-mexico-i-40-interstate-sign.jpg

Last edited:

There's still another way: Drive around with a revolver on your front seat and ask a cop for directions. If you're allowed to continue your trip, you're in the USA.

There's still another way: Drive around with a revolver on your front seat and ask a cop for directions. If you're allowed to continue your trip, you're in the USA.

But not in California.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom