• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Couple marry dressed as superheroes

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Most couples would hope to feel like superheroes on their wedding day - but this pair went the extra mile and dressed up like them.

Sharon and Neil Vaughan decided to marry as Wonder Woman and Batman because they love wearing fancy dress.

And if you are wondering what happened to the caped crusader's sidekicks - Robin and the Joker were the best man and master of ceremonies.
Mrs Vaughan, 40, in red corset, blue hotpants, boots and a tiara and veil, made her entrance to the Wonder Woman theme tune.
Her bridesmaids came as the PowerPuff girls while other guests included Superman, the Incredibles, Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk and Captain America.

article-1299383-0AA63126000005DC-793_468x312.jpg
The happy couple: Batman and Wonder Woman aka Neil and Sharon Vaughan tied the knot dressed as their favourite comic book superheroes

It did not seem to matter that the Batman outfit meant it was impossible to see most of the groom's face.
And despite wearing anything but traditional outfits, the groom and his best man still had a flower pinned to their outfits just as they would have in a buttonhole.

Mr Vaughan, from Cullompton in Devon, said: 'We are not particularly traditional and we wanted to have a fun day with our friends, so I suggested we have a themed wedding.

'I have always wanted to be Batman, ever since I was a little boy and Sharon said she had always wanted to be Wonder Woman.'
He spent £180 on his rubber Batman costume and his wife's Wonder Woman outfit cost £100.

article-1299383-0AA632F2000005DC-209_468x319.jpg
Different: All the guests dressed up too, with the Incredibles and Iron Man among the group

Mrs Vaughan, an administrator, said the pair had saved thousands on traditional wedding accessories by having their wacky ceremony.
'Our wedding was absolutely amazing and it cost us less than some couples would spend on just the dress,' she said.
'We were not allowed to see each other's costumes before the big day, but when I did see Neil he looked fantastic as Batman.

'We put a lot of effort into our costumes and our guests did as well. It was such a great day.'
Mr Vaughan, who owns a children's entertainment business, proposed on Valentines Day.

The couple, who have five children from previous relationships, will honeymoon in Australia.

Read more: I Wonder Woman take you Batman: Couple marry dressed as superheroes | Mail Online

Not exactly my idea of a good time, but if they're happy **Shrugs**

I think it's perfectly charming.

Prob'ly be one hell of a honeymoon, batman's rich and wonderwoman's good with ropes..

Good for them, wish them every happiness.

If that is what makes them happy then go for it! Kinda cute actually.

I wish I could attend a wedding like that. I wonder what superhero I'd go as... :D

Big deal. You can't go to a Star Wars convention without this happening.

Sci-fi geeks take their passion very seriously.

Big deal. You can't go to a Star Wars convention without this happening.

Sci-fi geeks take their passion very seriously.
I think it's kinda cool. Who wants to have the boring ordinary wedding?

Some friends of mine married on Halloween. As Frankenstein and Frankenstein's bride. Fun was had by all except the uptight, who don't apparently have fun having fun anyway.

Back
Top Bottom