• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Country Stars Blast President Bush

Billo_Really said:
"Political slavery" is for people with weak minds and no balls.

Hence the use of "neo con" and words like "agenda" and "hitler?" Hence your statements about how scared you are of confrontation?

GySgt said:
Horse ****. More scapegoating.

They have been given federal funding. Seems to me that New Orleans and Louisiana are more concerned with Mardi Gras than cleaning up their little city. The President of the United States cannot infringe upon private businesses and contracts of corporate organizations that are involved with the cleanup.

It's really funny how people like to drag the President through the mud with regards to their "failing" and "destroyed" civil rights (enter pathetic whimper here), then they drag the President through that same mud for not infringing on civil rights in New Orleans.

This would be the true test to tell whether or not you are a partisan political slave or a true liberal.

I'm concerned about where our federal tax dollars are going down there as well. But I think it's unfair to slam them for trying to get Mardi Gras up and running ASAP. MG historically has been a huge % of the area's annual income. The sooner they get the normal dollars rolling in the sooner they are less dependent on our tax dollars.

I think to lay all the problems on Bush or the feds is faulty logic at best. I'd like to know how much money already been handed out down there. How much money was suppose to be given out. And why, after several months, are there still kitchen appliances sitting in trees? For that to happened there has to be failure, continued failure, on many levels of government.

Pacridge said:
I'm concerned about where our federal tax dollars are going down there as well. But I think it's unfair to slam them for trying to get Mardi Gras up and running ASAP. MG historically has been a huge % of the area's annual income. The sooner they get the normal dollars rolling in the sooner they are less dependent on our tax dollars.

I think to lay all the problems on Bush or the feds is faulty logic at best. I'd like to know how much money already been handed out down there. How much money was suppose to be given out. And why, after several months, are there still kitchen appliances sitting in trees? For that to happened there has to be failure, continued failure, on many levels of government.

I'd be interested to know how many of them are actually trying to help themselves.

GySgt said:
I'd be interested to know how many of them are actually trying to help themselves.

Every once in a while I see a story where some couple is going through their home with buckets of bleach and cleaning. For the most part I see empty neighborhoods and TV interviews of people living (off our tax dollars) in other states wanting to know when things are going to be "fixed" so they can go home.

My wife and I watch these stories just shaking our heads. First thing I'd do is call my insurance company. Second thing I do is inspect the structure. My next move would probably be rent a bulldozer and start rebuilding. Course to be fair my wife and I built the house we live in now. I suppose many people don't have those skills. But what can you do for your home two states away...living in a FEMA trailer?

Pacridge said:
Every once in a while I see a story where some couple is going through their home with buckets of bleach and cleaning. For the most part I see empty neighborhoods and TV interviews of people living (off our tax dollars) in other states wanting to know when things are going to be "fixed" so they can go home.

My wife and I watch these stories just shaking our heads. First thing I'd do is call my insurance company. Second thing I do is inspect the structure. My next move would probably be rent a bulldozer and start rebuilding. Course to be fair my wife and I built the house we live in now. I suppose many people don't have those skills. But what can you do for your home two states away...living in a FEMA trailer?

Exactly....

GySgt said:

I am of the mind that many of the NO people who were living off of the government, pre-Katrina, might be the same one's who are laid up in a hotel somewhere in Kilgore Texas, waiting for the government to come and take their trash out of their trees and rebuild their ruins.

They may be waiting for a phone call telling them, "It's Ok now. We cleaned up all your mess. You can come home now. We'll send you a limo and a Ryder truck. We'll have someone come and load the truck for you. We even gave you a new mailbox to come pick up your monthly checks. It has been such a pleasure serving you. Les le bon ton rolle."

I could be wrong, but it seems to me, that a LOT of Gulf Coasters are not waiting for someone else to come and clean up their mess. Many seem to be putting in "back service" in lieu of "lip service".

But I can see things funny sometimes. That's just me.

Captain America said:
I am of the mind that many of the NO people who were living off of the government, pre-Katrina, might be the same one's who are laid up in a hotel somewhere in Kilgore Texas, waiting for the government to come and take their trash out of their trees and rebuild their ruins.

They may be waiting for a phone call telling them, "It's Ok now. We cleaned up all your mess. You can come home now. We'll send you a limo and a Ryder truck. We'll have someone come and load the truck for you. We even gave you a new mailbox to come pick up your monthly checks. It has been such a pleasure serving you. Les le bon ton rolle."

I could be wrong, but it seems to me, that a LOT of Gulf Coasters are not waiting for someone else to come and clean up their mess. Many seem to be putting in "back service" in lieu of "lip service".

But I can see things funny sometimes. That's just me.

Some are, some aren't. I would guess that most aren't.

GySgt said:
Some are, some aren't. I would guess that most aren't.

I am reminded about a story where Henny Penny Chicken asks, "Who will help me plant the corn?"

Too many do not want to help plant, weed, plow, harvest or cook the corn but when the cob comes out of the kettle, they are the first in line to be served. "Please pass me some more government butter.":roll:

Originally posted by Captain America
I am reminded about a story where Henny Penny Chicken asks, "Who will help me plant the corn?"

Too many do not want to help plant, weed, plow, harvest or cook the corn but when the cob comes out of the kettle, they are the first in line to be served. "Please pass me some more government butter."
When I think of Bush, the story that comes to my mind is "Uncle John's Farm!"

Billo_Really said:
When I think of Bush, the story that comes to my mind is "Uncle John's Farm!"

Wow! When I think of Bush I think of a woman. You're wierd.

Originally posted Pacridge:
Least you didn't come up with Uncle Johns Band.
But I do think John Barleycorn must die!
And you are always Welcome to [my] Canteen.

Originally posted by GySgt:
Wow! When I think of Bush I think of a woman. You're wierd.
When I think of a women, I check my wallet to make sure I didn't do anything stupid the night before.

Billo_Really said:
But I do think John Barleycorn must die!
And you are always Welcome to [my] Canteen.

I believe everyone must die...it's all in the timing.

Rumor has no one gets out alive around here.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.

Bob Newhart

hipsterdufus said:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.

Bob Newhart

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"I don't care wut yew say that thar was funny."
**********************************Larry the Cable Guy

Originally posted by Pacridge:
I believe everyone must die...it's all in the timing.

Rumor has no one gets out alive around here
Now before you slip into unconciousness, I just want you to know that, Billy was a Mountain and Ethel was a tree growing on his shoulder. And it's just a myth that he hacked up a boulder. But they did celebrate the lizard. And they did petition the Lord with prayer. It got them nowhere, because a young man, ain't got nothin' in the world these days. Unless your on Maggie's farm. Where Ma is the brains behind Pa. And she finds you everytime you slam the door. Which moderators on other forums have seemed to embrace. Thank God, we got the best mods. Or is it rockers? Although, Ringo is a mocker.

The moral to the story, why are you still reading this post?

Back
Top Bottom