• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Countries Ranked by Intelligence

slates

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Not too surprised here, expected Asian countries towards the top

Should be titled "countries where the parents make their kids study for school"

It will have to do for now until a better IQ test is devised that tests African people in a way that can accept and understand their extremely high level of intelligence is categoris that pertain to their cultures.

And frankly, shame on ignorant and hypocritical fools who would attempt to make it out as to be otherwise.

If we used a test that's not biased toward human intelligence, I would rate my Border Collie at somewhere around 140 or the low end of genius.

And take the Border Collie that can pick any named toy out of a thousand and get it right all the time. Even when the language used in asking for the toy is a foreign language to that dog. No human being could possibly do that!

Shame on the ass that would love his own bray enough to post something as ignorant as this rating of countries' people. Shame!

Was this motivated by just more racism? That's what it smells like.

Not too surprised here, expected Asian countries towards the top

I have a theory it is language related.

Western countries use alphabets, while Asian countries use ideograms.

What studies conducted for other purposes have shown is that ideograms require you to use both hemispheres of the brain to analyze them, while alphabets only require one hemisphere of the brain.

I'm not suggesting the US abandon the Western Alphabet in favor of Sumerian pictographs, Akkadian cuneiform, Egyptian hieroglyphs or Asian ideograms, although perhaps we should, I'm just saying it might help to stimulate both hemispheres of a child's brain during prime-time language wiring.

I have a theory it is language related.

Western countries use alphabets, while Asian countries use ideograms.

What studies conducted for other purposes have shown is that ideograms require you to use both hemispheres of the brain to analyze them, while alphabets only require one hemisphere of the brain.

I'm not suggesting the US abandon the Western Alphabet in favor of Sumerian pictographs, Akkadian cuneiform, Egyptian hieroglyphs or Asian ideograms, although perhaps we should, I'm just saying it might help to stimulate both hemispheres of a child's brain during prime-time language wiring.

It is cultural

In China for over a thousand years, education was the means to improve ones life. Passing exams was required to work for the government which for hundreds of years was preferred path for generating wealth (at least for those close to the capital) War and sports were not. As such culturally, education was made part of the culture. That passed on to Korea and Japan as well. So right now east Asian students spend 12 hrs at day either at school or studying (not all of course). They are not spending time on sports or playing with friends. That provides a dramatic boost to their "intelligence"

In the early 1900's Albert Einstein said the following about the Chinese.

Einstein's travel diaries reveal 'shocking' xenophobia | Manuscripts and letters | The Guardian

Written between October 1922 and March 1923, the diaries see the scientist musing on his travels, science, philosophy and art. In China, the man who famously once described racism as “a disease of white people” describes the “industrious, filthy, obtuse people” he observes. He notes how the “Chinese don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods. All this occurs quietly and demurely. Even the children are spiritless and look obtuse.” After earlier writing of the “abundance of offspring” and the “fecundity” of the Chinese, he goes on to say: “It would be a pity if these Chinese supplant all other races. For the likes of us the mere thought is unspeakably dreary.”

At that time, China was in extreme poverty, very little education was provided, and if the people and children were given IQ test, I am sure they would have done extremely poorly. Know it is much richer, and the ability for people to get an education has improved dramatically, and parents/grandparents are extremely involved in making sure their children/grandchildren do well in school. So much so that a house in the highest rated school district in China will be worth 30% more than a similar house in worse school district

That same sort of dedication to school does not exist in most of Africa, Europe or North America. It does exist in certain cultural groups in India and Iran for instance, it also exists in most Jewish communities

IQ and education are not the same thing. Not sure I really get that ranking nor do I understand the consistency of the input data.

IQ and education are not the same thing. Not sure I really get that ranking nor do I understand the consistency of the input data.
Exactamundo.
IQ scores change for kids who get adopted, so the possibility of it being a purely biological mechanism is zero (not that anyone in this thread has claimed so).

Back
Top Bottom