• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Counter-programming the Democratic convention

pjohns

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I am certainly not a Trump hater--I voted for the man in 2016, and expect to do so again, this November--but I do not believe that he walks on water, either. And I am really not reluctant to note his mistakes.

The Democrats begin their week-long convention tonight (albeit in "virtual" mode). And it is traditional to allow the other party to have its moment in the spotlight, unobstructed. (The same thing, exactly, should be expected of the Democrats next week.)

To challenge that with counter-programming--Trump has rallies in several swing states tonight--seems just plain wrong. Even rude.

What do others think?

I am certainly not a Trump hater--I voted for the man in 2016, and expect to do so again, this November--but I do not believe that he walks on water, either. And I am really not reluctant to note his mistakes.

The Democrats begin their week-long convention tonight (albeit in "virtual" mode). And it is traditional to allow the other party to have its moment in the spotlight, unobstructed. (The same thing, exactly, should be expected of the Democrats next week.)

To challenge that with counter-programming--Trump has rallies in several swing states tonight--seems just plain wrong. Even rude.

What do others think?

It’s politics. Is it any more rude than Kamala dogging Biden about racism and saying she believed his sexual accusers?

Politicians play to win, this is well established.

What do others think?

I would expect nothing "more" from Donald Jenius tRump. If he'll (illeagally) screw with mail delivery, use federal funds to bribe a forigen President, commute the sentence of convicted criminal for lying and destroy the carrer of a distinguished Army Officer for telling the truth? Then there is nothing too low for our Orange Con-Man Deerrrrr N Cheat.

Last edited:
I would expect nothing "more" from Donald Jenius tRump. If he'll (illeagally) screw with mail delivery, use federal funds to bribe a forigen President, commute the sentence of convicted criminal for lying and destroy the carrer of a distinguished Army Officer for telling the truth? Then there is nothing too low for our Orand Con-Man Deerrrrr N Cheat.

It really doesn't matter. No democrat is going to tune into a Trump rally, and visa versa. He'll just juice up his hard core base which is all he has. Not enough to win.

The GOP has been the party of dirty-tricks since Nixon in 1968. The last things Deutsche Donald has been successful with in his debauched life is obeying the law, being a man of God, and not bankrupting anything he touches.

It really doesn't matter. No democrat is going to tune into a Trump rally, and visa versa. He'll just juice up his hard core base which is all he has. Not enough to win.

Oh contraire. As difficult as it is to listen to his insane word salad, it’s important to know what his TrumpQins think.

Just today, Air Force One flew to the Midwest Battleground states of WI, MN, and IA where he spewed his sewage. PA is later this week.

Do.Not.Underestimate.

Well, the Democrats are now counter-programming the Republican National Convention with anti-Trump (and anti-Republican) messages from their rising stars.

As I have said previously: Can each party not just go dark for one week, and allow the other party to have its short time in the limelight?

This is surely the shattering of a norm--a norm of civility...

As difficult as it is to listen to [President Trump's] insane word salad, it’s important to know what his TrumpQins think.

I have said before--and it deserves to be reiterated--that those opposed to Donald Trump may despise the man; but they even more deeply despise (and have utter contempt for!) those who support him.

I was born in 1948; and I have never before seen such utter hatred and contempt for the supporters of anyone.

Back
Top Bottom