• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Councils pay for prostitutes for the disabled

These things are really stupid, especially if they have a similar disability system as we do in the states.

I mean, I had to go to the doctors office the other day and saw a man pull up on his motorcycle, with a disability tag.
What the hell is that ****?

Are these type of people able to get the sex benefit attached to their disability plan as well?

What happens if a man is married and disable?
He wants to have the service pay for a prostitute, without his wife knowing.
How does that factor in?
Can she sue the state for assisting the violation of their marriage contract?

So many things wrong with this and I can't believe people support this nonsense.

I work for an institution that serves adults with developmental disabilities and I have to say, I don't see anything wrong with something like this.

While 'normal' people may have trouble seeing mentally handicapped people (I'm focusing on mentally handicapped as physically handicapped has different challenges) as adults with adults needs.... they surely do have them. Is it a perfect system whereas taxpayers foot the bill for this? Not at all. It is, however, something that I would consider medically necessary. Imagine going your entire life without that kind of intimate touch - that in itself has health benefits, let alone the calming effect it has on a persons mood.

I would urge anyone to volunteer to work in a state hospital or other institution that provides state services for the mentally handicapped and then tell me that these people should be without human touch on this level of intimacy.

I'm not a fan of taxpayers footing the bill for crap that is unnecessary. The goal for places that serve the mentally handicapped are to provide training, guidance and opportunity for the developmentally disabled to gain the life skills necessary to live as independently as possible. Many of them work in sheltered workshops, they pay rent and they also have relationships with other adults like them. In some cases, they have the drive and desire to be intimate and for some.. it's damn near impossible to 'find' that one person with whom they even have the opportunity to have that experience.

If prostitution were legal here in the states.. I don't believe most people would have an issue with these consumers paying for their own 'services'. Not being familiar with the laws in other countries, I'm not sure where the line has been drawn regarding all the factors that would need to be considered in having taxpayer money going to pay for something like this....

I didn't know Bill Clinton was disabled. :mrgreen:

What's really funny is someone in a country where prostitution is illegal is so convinced their patient needs a prostitute that they will send them to a different country to get one. If the British government will pay for prostitutes, why is it illegal there?

How would this affect balance of trade between the 2 countries?
Will the sex workers be union? What is union scale for the most common services?
Do workers earn seniority? Do older sex workers get first pick of the clients?
Do clients have any choice in which sex workers they prefer?
If the union goes on strike, will there be scab workers? (now THAT sounds bad, really bad)
If there is no union involvement, will the workers be salaried? Will they be independent contractors? or sub contractors?

It is all too complicated, needs to be automated. Wait, would automated mean masturbation by machine? Oh crap, what if the machines go haywire? What is the user accidently selects the wrong gender? I see lawsuits, people, lots and lots of lawsuits.

What's really funny is someone in a country where prostitution is illegal is so convinced their patient needs a prostitute that they will send them to a different country to get one. If the British government will pay for prostitutes, why is it illegal there?

In the USA, we elect our whores to public office....

Back
Top Bottom