• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could you pass the US citizenship test?

Did you pass?

• Total voters

Luke Skywalker

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Could you pass the US citizenship test? - U.S. News

My score is posted below (90 on the first try)- am kind of mad for not scoring perfect, being a History major and all.... How did you do?

certificate.php

100 out of 100 points.

certificate.php

I admit, I guessed 23 instead of 27 amendments. :shamefaced:

I missed the which state was not one of the original 13 question.

Same as above. Vermont ****ed me over.

certificate.php

I got an 85.....but I passed!

certificate.php.jpg

I wonder if I missed the same two questions as the OP.

I missed the one about who wrote the Declaration of Independence, and which state was not among the original 13.

I got an 85.....but I passed!

Well that is what we want you to believe. Don't be surprised if you go to sleep and wake up on the side of a volcano and Kenya.

I had to think about which were the first thirteen colonies...

certificate.jpg

I can't believe I missed who was next in line for President after VP. :doh

I can't get the certificate to load properly, but 20/20. I guessed right between New Hampshire and Vermont. Everything else I knew off the top of my head.

I can't get the certificate to load properly, but 20/20. I guessed right between New Hampshire and Vermont. Everything else I knew off the top of my head.

You have my utmost respect - as does anyone else whom scored perfect....

Congrats! :)

Could you pass the US citizenship test? - U.S. News

My score is posted below (90 on the first try)- am kind of mad for not scoring perfect, being a History major and all.... How did you do?

certificate.php

I've a Master's in History (American Revolutionary was the Major, and one of my two minors was The American West) also. I took the test a couple years ago and got in the mid-90's myself. Even I didn't know everything. Most Americans would fail it, the questions covering things hardly mentioned in most high school social studies courses, or if so, hardly memorable for the average US citizen.

I've a Master's in History (American Revolutionary was the Major, and one of my two minors was The American West) also. I took the test a couple years ago and got in the mid-90's myself. Even I didn't know everything. Most Americans would fail it, the questions covering things hardly mentioned in most high school social studies courses, or if so, hardly memorable for the average US citizen.

And you perhaps raise an excellent point, my friend....

Do you think the test is a tad unreasonable to use on immigrants? Personally, I'm a libertarian (read: let PEACEFUL people cross borders freely) whom believes that any peaceful person whom comes here and says they are American, should be an American (with no citizenship test).... AND they should be able to work and live freely in this country, provided they obey the laws and pay taxes. Just my two cents on this....

I got 90, I would say that's pretty good for a non-American:
certificate.php

I got the year of the constitution wrong and how long senators are elected for.
Most of the stuff I know about the U.S. comes form watching Crash Course videos on YouTube.

I thought the test was easy (even though I guessed on one answer). Not saying which one I guessed on--you guys are skewing other DP members' scores by revealing answers--but it wasn't one that's been mentioned so far.

Now I'm wondering if my kids would make a decent grade.

And you perhaps raise an excellent point, my friend....

Do you think the test is a tad unreasonable to use on immigrants? Personally, I'm a libertarian (read: let PEACEFUL people cross borders freely) whom believes that any peaceful person whom comes here and says they are American, should be an American (with no citizenship test).... AND they should be able to work and live freely in this country, provided they obey the laws and pay taxes. Just my two cents on this....

What I would like to see is a process whereby a person arrives and reports to an immigration office. Once there they declare they wish to become a citizen, sign the declaration, then spend a period of years on a conditional permit. At the end of the period they exchange the permit for citizenship papers. The end.

One thing I would like to know is this the entire test and it doesn't change?

What I would like to see is a process whereby a person arrives and reports to an immigration office. Once there they declare they wish to become a citizen, sign the declaration, then spend a period of years on a conditional permit. At the end of the period they exchange the permit for citizenship papers. The end.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom