• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could Trump's Ego Weather a 2nd Reelection Loss

Buckeyes85

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
To my knowledge, no former president has run and lost reelection a 2nd time. Grover Cleveland lost re-election, but ran a 3rd time and won.
Could Trump's narcissistic personality, and his massive ego endure running and losing again? He's already lost the popular vote twice. Could he stand going down in history as the only former president to be kicked to the curb, then kicked into the gutter after losing re-election a 2nd time? And it almost certainly will happen if he decides to run again.

My guess is that he won't. But hope that he does.

To my knowledge, no former president has run and lost reelection a 2nd time. Grover Cleveland lost re-election, but ran a 3rd time and won.
Could Trump's narcissistic personality, and his massive ego endure running and losing again? He's already lost the popular vote twice. Could he stand going down in history as the only former president to be kicked to the curb, then kicked into the gutter after losing re-election a 2nd time? And it almost certainly will happen if he decides to run again.

No. He would lose what ever is left of his mind. Which doesn't mean he won't try, just that he'll go more crazy if he loses again.

No. He would lose what ever is left of his mind. Which doesn't mean he won't try, just that he'll go more crazy if he loses again.
Yea, I guess the better question was, can he bring himself to run again knowing what being a 2 time loser would do to his ego?

Yea, I guess the better question was, can he bring himself to run again knowing what being a 2 time loser would do to his ego?

I think he could convince himself that he would win. After all, he won last time, lol.

I think a lot will depend on how many Trumpers get elected to positions that can actually affect election outcomes. If he has enough loyalists placed that will guarantee him a win regardless of the vote count he will run.

Could Trump's Ego Weather a 2nd Reelection Loss?​

I don't believe it can. In fact, that is why I'm convinced that Trump will never run again. I believe he will raise "campaign funds" from his idiot supporters again, but will ultimately withdraw his candidacy based on one pretext or another.

I don't think it will be age, or health, because he would never dare to seem less than vigorous to his cult, but he'll tell them that he "knows" the next election will be rigged worse than the last one was - based once again on nothing whatsoever - and give that as a reason to drop out. Because nothing in his life could be worse than losing by 15 million votes - twice what he lost by last time - or he might just dry up and blow away.

Could Trump's Ego Weather a 2nd Reelection Loss?​

I don't believe it can. In fact, that is why I'm convinced that Trump will never run again. I believe he will raise "campaign funds" from his idiot supporters again, but will ultimately withdraw his candidacy based on one pretext or another.

I don't think it will be age, or health, because he would never dare to seem less than vigorous to his cult, but he'll tell them that he "knows" the next election will be rigged worse than the last one was - based once again on nothing whatsoever - and give that as a reason to drop out. Because nothing in his life could be worse than losing by 15 million votes - twice what he lost by last time - or he might just dry up and blow away.
The problem with him using the this election will be rigged worse excuse is that a strong republican candidate would have a good chance of beating Biden (assuming he runs). Then he's stuck trying to explain how a different republican was able to over come the Biden/democrat rigging that he couldn't in 2020.

The problem with him using the this election will be rigged worse excuse is that a strong republican candidate would have a good chance of beating Biden (assuming he runs). Then he's stuck trying to explain how a different republican was able to over come the Biden/democrat rigging that he couldn't in 2020.
Trust me they will say it's because of the new tough election laws they put in place.......

I hope he doesn't run. I prayer the current Loser in Chief doesn't run either. We really need young leaders not corrupt career party puppets. We need leaders who will serve the people not the parties.

I hope he doesn't run. I prayer the current Loser in Chief doesn't run either. We really need young leaders not corrupt career party puppets. We need leaders who will serve the people not the parties.
Agree. I think the Dems can do that. However, I think the GOP is stuck in Trumpism and self above country.....just a younger one.

Agree. I think the Dems can do that. However, I think the GOP is stuck in Trumpism and self above country.....just a younger one.
I am sure if the people knew how bad a leader Biden and the democrats have proven to be Trump would still be president.

What do you mean 2nd election loss? He's never lost an election. He won the first one by the biggest landslide in the history of land. He won the 2nd one by even more but he was robbed. There's no way he can lose in 2024. Ask him, he'll tell ya.

You forget he's a true psychopath. You can't use normal person logic with him.

He has NEVER lost an elections and he NEVER will. The only reason he 'loses' is because the other side cheated him out of it.

If he loses in '24 he will simply continue to attack elections and attempt to destroy our democratic process, because he doesn't care about anything or anybody but himself.

What do you mean 2nd election loss? He's never lost an election. He won the first one by the biggest landslide in the history of land. He won the 2nd one by even more but he was robbed. There's no way he can lose in 2024. Ask him, he'll tell ya.
Beat me by a minute.

Trump is morbidly obese and will be 78 years old on election day 2024. It's not even a guarantee he makes it that far in the first place. Losing a second time with his narcissism? Might literally kill him.

That pretty much rules out republicans. At least the current batch we have now.

If he loses in '24 he will simply continue to attack elections and attempt to destroy our democratic process, because he doesn't care about anything or anybody but himself.

Oh, and don't forget: he's not going to be sure what those "second amendment types" are going to do if he loses again....

That pretty much rules out republicans. At least the current batch we have now.
We will see next election how happy the people are with the disaster the democrats have made of our country. Gas is headed for $7 a gallon thanks to Biden and the democrats.

We will see how happy the people are when they go to the polls.
There is no question that the Dems will loose and likely big in November. However that has zero to do with 2024. He can never win again...smart Republicans will start supporting others.

There is no question that the Dems will loose and likely big in November. However that has zero to do with 2024. He can never win again...smart Republicans will start supporting others.
I don't know for sure. Maybe Pelosi and company will start releasing some of those insider tips so the rest of us can afford these higher prices they have given us.

Back
Top Bottom