• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could Trump supporters become violent if they lose?

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I heard that a healthy majority of Trump supporters believe that if he loses it is because the election is rigged. Then I saw the video of Trump's 2nd Amendment "joke" and now I am wondering. This country has a long history of nonviolent exchanges of power, but this is the first time in my lifetime that I wonder if an election could lead to violence.

I heard that a healthy majority of Trump supporters believe that if he loses it is because the election is rigged. Then I saw the video of Trump's 2nd Amendment "joke" and now I am wondering. This country has a long history of nonviolent exchanges of power, but this is the first time in my lifetime that I wonder if an election could lead to violence.

I think I'd be more interested to see what happens if Trump actually ends up winning.

Honestly, I think that senario could lead to violence.

Given that the leaked DNC emails showed it was paid protesters causing the fights, I'm not too worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking a Wild guess, there will be violence no matter who wins.

Hmm...

Anyone recall any riots after prior Presidential election results in the last 50 years?

Still, judging from the recent actions of anti-Trump elements IMHO it would be more likely that those groups would riot if Trump were elected rather than Trump supporters rioting if he was not elected. :shrug:

I think I'd be more interested to see what happens if Trump actually ends up winning.

Honestly, I think that senario could lead to violence.

Yep those radical liberals are the foolishly violent ones..

If it ever came down to it though... Pfffft..

I'm just curious but when John Kerry "joked" about killing George Bush on Bill Maher's program did you have similar fears?
Flashback: Remember the Time Kerry Joked About Killing Bush (VIDEO) | Frontpage Mag

No, his supporters will not become violent if Trump loses. They have a long history of talking tough while anonymous but they are cowards at heart.

They are more likely to become violent if Trump wins because that might embolden them

Don't give it a thought. Just more scare tactics. Some predict violence if Trump wins...some if he loses. There may be anomalous demonstrations, but the greater majority of Americans are much too busy with their lives. Only losers with nothing else to do and needing an excuse to loot and burn will think a thing about it.

There are plenty of nutters out there, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few incidents. But someone that much of a nutter is more or less bound to act up at some point.

There certainly won't be any sort of attempted revolution. At most, one might see a few idiots occupy a wildlife refuge information center before wandering away in embarrassment over their fail.

Taking a Wild guess, there will be violence no matter who wins.

Since there is already violence on the part of Trump supporters and Clinton supporters that should be a reasonably safe bet. What is an absolutely sure bet is no matter who wins, America loses.

If Hillary wins the left will just demand more, and more, each demand more outrageous than the last. For the left, a win is a validation of their most extreme positions.

But what the left refuses to recognize is how far they have put themselves out there, since Hillary has few truthful statements on record. IOW, anyone who thinks they know what Hillary will do is delusional.

There is absolutely no history that can predict what Hillary's beliefs are.

I hope Trump can overcome for the country's sake.

Don't give it a thought. Just more scare tactics. Some predict violence if Trump wins...some if he loses. There may be anomalous demonstrations, but the greater majority of Americans are much too busy with their lives. Only losers with nothing else to do and needing an excuse to loot and burn will think a thing about it.

..and those are the ones who will do it no matter who wins. If it's Trump, they do it "in protest", if it's Clinton, they'll do it as part of a "celebration". :mrgreen:

trump supporters will just get more desperate and buy more guns. Whenever red state conservatives get mad, they buy guns .

If anyone wants to profit from HC's victory, just buy Smith and Wesson stock (SWHC) or its call options.

trump supporters will just get more desperate and buy more guns. Whenever red state conservatives get mad, they buy guns .

If anyone wants to profit from HC's victory, just buy Smith and Wesson stock (SWHC) or its call options.

It worked for the Obama election, gun sales soared.

I seriously do. The seeds for sore losing are being planted as we speak. Plus, consider the mind of a lot of these Trump supporters. Consider how many Trump supporters have shown themselves to be. It should be clear to all by now that too many of them are not the sharpest tacks in the pack. (Bless their heart.) They can be just as dangerous as Trump, IMO. We will just have to see how they react to President Hillary. Only time will tell.

I don't think they ALL will become domestic terrorists but there are a few nut cases out there I wouldn't put it past.

You do realize that ALL of the violence in this election cycle came from the left. I'd be more worried about the violence if Hillary loses.

Goofy concept. Look at ALL the violent protests that have been occurring since say the 99% rallies. Who has it been? Where do you see conservatives out there violently protesting and burning down cities?

Since there is already violence on the part of Trump supporters and Clinton supporters that should be a reasonably safe bet. What is an absolutely sure bet is no matter who wins, America loses.

Sadly, True.

If Hillary wins the left will just demand more, and more, each demand more outrageous than the last. For the left, a win is a validation of their most extreme positions..

Um, no, that would be if Sanders won because his positions are pretty far left.

Um, no, that would be if Sanders won because his positions are pretty far left.

Bernie supporters are left of the far left. Then the Bern goes and buys a bourgeoisie home. LOL!So much for "workers unite".

Now the Bernie crowd knows what it is like to be black!

Bernie supporters are left of the far left. Then the Bern goes and buys a bourgeoisie home. LOL!So much for "workers unite".

Now the Bernie crowd knows what it is like to be black!

I can't help but wonder what that 'bern' feels like to his supporters now. What a bunch of dupes.

Did the rednecks lose their minds when a black guy moved into the White House?

Back
Top Bottom