• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could Trump supporters become violent if they lose?

Oh ya. I forgot about the black guy that took exception to the racist liberals that interrupted Trump's rally. Thanks.

You must have also forgotten about all the confrontations outside the DNC convention having nothing to do with Republicans but instead Bernie Sanders Supporters.

This is going to be an ugly election cycle. It is going to be dirty, it is going to be over the top, it is going to be emotionally charged because neither Trump nor Clinton are candidates of substance. They are all fluff and filler, no meat. And because there is nothing really positive to say about either candidate, the partisan nonsense and anti-intellectualism is going to explode and we're just going to get muck raking, mud slinging, and a whole host of ignorant behavior coming from both sides.

Worst...election....ever

:agree
It makes my head hurt. If Sanders was still in the race I would seriously consider him. He might not have been the sharpest but he wasn't near as dishonest as Trump or Hillary.

I heard that a healthy majority of Trump supporters believe that if he loses it is because the election is rigged. Then I saw the video of Trump's 2nd Amendment "joke" and now I am wondering. This country has a long history of nonviolent exchanges of power, but this is the first time in my lifetime that I wonder if an election could lead to violence.

During this election cycle, who have been violent?

Has it been Trump supporters or the opposition burning down cities?

Since there is already violence on the part of Trump supporters and Clinton supporters that should be a reasonably safe bet. What is an absolutely sure bet is no matter who wins, America loses.

Are you folding the Bernie supporters in with Hillary now?

I seriously do. The seeds for sore losing are being planted as we speak. Plus, consider the mind of a lot of these Trump supporters. Consider how many Trump supporters have shown themselves to be. It should be clear to all by now that too many of them are not the sharpest tacks in the pack. (Bless their heart.) They can be just as dangerous as Trump, IMO. We will just have to see how they react to President Hillary. Only time will tell.

I don't think they ALL will become domestic terrorists but there are a few nut cases out there I wouldn't put it past.

Don't you mean Bernie supporters who have caused havoc all over the place?

I heard that a healthy majority of Trump supporters believe that if he loses it is because the election is rigged. Then I saw the video of Trump's 2nd Amendment "joke" and now I am wondering. This country has a long history of nonviolent exchanges of power, but this is the first time in my lifetime that I wonder if an election could lead to violence.

I doubt it - for the most part they are elderly and cowardly. It will happen occasionally but they will be beat down in return

The left is already violent, and you question what the right is going to do?

During this election cycle, who have been violent?

Has it been Trump supporters or the opposition burning down cities?

There has been violence on both sides but it remains to be seen how Trump supporters will react when he loses states like Pennsylvania when he makes claims that it is impossible for him to lose in that state without the election being rigged. If violence erupts from his supporters after the election in Pennsylvania would you hold him at all responsible for it?

Not comparable. He wasn't running for office at the time. He didn't tell people there was a massive conspiracy to rig the election. He was talking about himself not an armed revolt. Apples and oranges.
Wow.

See...this was one of those opportunites to demonstrate a little integrity and say outright yes...that was horribly inappropriate and inexcusable". And you cant even manage that.

****ing amazing.

There has been violence on both sides but it remains to be seen how Trump supporters will react when he loses states like Pennsylvania when he makes claims that it is impossible for him to lose in that state without the election being rigged. If violence erupts from his supporters after the election in Pennsylvania would you hold him at all responsible for it?

What is it about Trump supporters that would give you the idea that they would turn violent?

Has there been a situation yet where they attacked somebody without being attacked first?

The left is already violent, and you question what the right is going to do?

There has been remarkably little violence up until now. However, you have to admit some Trump supporters have engaged in violence.

Well, I would if this thread was about Bernie.

But it's not.

Deflect much?

Well it has been Bernie supporters who have cause the majority of the violence so far in this cycle, so when you talk about the violence in this cycle, you are talking about Bernie supporters.

That is not a deflection, it is fact.

Wow.

See...this was one of those opportunites to demonstrate a little integrity and say outright yes...that was horribly inappropriate and inexcusable". And you cant even manage that.

****ing amazing.

You are right. It was inexcusable and in poor taste, but it was not comparable to Trump's statement.

What is it about Trump supporters that would give you the idea that they would turn violent?

Has there been a situation yet where they attacked somebody without being attacked first?

Yes. The old guy who sucker punched the protester in the face for starters.

Yes. The old guy who sucker punched the protester in the face for starters.

One incident and he was arrested and charged.

Are you really comparing a few isolated incidents, that have been handled, to groups of people hired to destroy cities?

You are right. It was inexcusable and in poor taste, but it was not comparable to Trump's statement.
No...not comparable. Instead of making a vague inference (which was despicable), Kerry made a direct comment. Inexcusable. Not 'poor taste'...reprehensible.

There might be some violence, but I think there will be more people going to see their psychologists and psychiatrists for treatment of depression. We've seen that before when Bush beat Gore.

Bad analogy

Bush2 had the RNC and the party behind him

The Don? Eh, not so much

Shame for the world Bush2 did not stay a drunk and in the bar.

Many times at drumpf rallies

Well it has been Bernie supporters who have cause the majority of the violence so far in this cycle, so when you talk about the violence in this cycle, you are talking about Bernie supporters.

That is not a deflection, it is fact.

I agree that Bernie supporters are zealots in equal proportion. No argument there. However, that being a fact does not mean it is not a deflection.

This thread is about Trump whackos. Start a thread about the Bernie whackos and I'll meet you over there and then we can talk about the Berner's.

But this thread is about the scary Trump people. If you got nothing to say about them then don't say nothin'. (Unless you intend to deflect again.)

Are you really comparing a few isolated incidents, that have been handled, to groups of people hired to destroy cities?

I was previously unaware of US cities being destroyed by anti trumpsters. You think at least Fox News would have picked up on this. Please tell.....

No, his supporters will not become violent if Trump loses. They have a long history of talking tough while anonymous but they are cowards at heart.

They are more likely to become violent if Trump wins because that might embolden them

So true. It is already happening, like rats fleeing a sinking ship Trumpy supporters will slink away into the the caves where they came from. By next year you wont' find a soul who will admit to voting for Trumpy.

I think you are exaggerating. There has been very little violence. Unless you are trying to conflate the riots from the police shootings to the election.

No...not comparable. Instead of making a vague inference (which was despicable), Kerry made a direct comment. Inexcusable. Not 'poor taste'...reprehensible.

Indeed. Very reprehensible. As was Trump's joke. Those types of comments have no place in a civil society.

I agree that Bernie supporters are zealots in equal proportion. No argument there. However, that being a fact does not mean it is not a deflection.

This thread is about Trump whackos. Start a thread about the Bernie whackos and I'll meet you over there and then we can talk about the Berner's.

But this thread is about the scary Trump people. If you got nothing to say about them then don't say nothin'. (Unless you intend to deflect again.)

I don't know what you mean by scary Trump people.

Back
Top Bottom