• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Could the Judge Demand?

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Just curious if the Judge gets to instruct the jury this afternoon could she demand they sit on it until Monday?
I would find that extremely bias against Zimmerman since a fast decision normally falls to the defense, but
if she did it would not shock me - can she do that?

I'm not much help in answering "can she do that"? I would suspect the answer is "no." However, she's not going to do that. She's tired of the case. The jurors are tired of the case. Everyone wants to go home. She's been moving this case along rather swiftly on purpose. Everybody wants a verdict as soon as possible.

I'm not much help in answering "can she do that"? I would suspect the answer is "no." However, she's not going to do that. She's tired of the case. The jurors are tired of the case. Everyone wants to go home. She's been moving this case along rather swiftly on purpose. Everybody wants a verdict as soon as possible.

I agree with TPD. This whole trial it has seemed like she has a vacation or something special planned for next week that she has to wrap the trial up by. I see no reason that would stop now.

The jurors want the weekend to find a safe place to hide. ;-)

Just curious if the Judge gets to instruct the jury this afternoon could she demand they sit on it until Monday?
I would find that extremely bias against Zimmerman since a fast decision normally falls to the defense, but
if she did it would not shock me - can she do that?

Her excuse for running the defense ragged this whole time has been so the jury can be here as little time as possible, so that wouldn't make much sense.

Back
Top Bottom