• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could some democrat please take Pelosi aside

Can we get back to the topic of this thread--------------------why Pelosi OWNS the gov shutdown because she refuses to compromise or give an inch.

Wow, alot of fail in this post.

First:

"Mexico will pay for the wall!"

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security. … I will take the mantle,” Trump said. “I will be the one to shut it down.”

Are you saying The Donald lied here ^^^ about owning the shutdown?

and then:

100% wrong

He went to meet with them, they were there to negotiate. He demanded the wall, (that's not negotiating), they said no, and he walked out.

That's the opposite of being 'willing to negotiate
.'

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found lacking.

That's really an insult to a fine movie.

But Republicans will be looking up from the flat of their backs with no wall filling their view. :lol:

We are currently about to be in a position where we will be in need of home health care aide services due to the fact that my disabled Navy veteran wife is sick again, AND my son is also at UCLA Hospital with a pretty severe case of congestive heart failure.
Being that it's a two hour drive to UCLA sometimes, and being that my wife's mobility may not be possible sometimes while our son is so ill, we will need that kind of services, which are contracted out by the government to private companies.

But I guess we shouldn't mind if my son becomes critical and we can't make it to the hospital. He can just die alone, no problem.

Think I am joking? I'm not, I assure you. I thought about keeping this to myself but screw it, people need to see the stupidity of shutting down the government firsthand.

We might not be able to get the kind of help we need, which the VA is happy to cover, if there isn't any way to pay the needed contract personnel.

I hope that your family is doing much better soon.

From what I have witnessed the last couple of days, Democrats have been coming forth and said Trump's proposal is something there should be debate over because it has so much of what they have wanted. Also the Washington Post of all publications had an article yesterday that encouraged Democrats to take the deal. So we shall see.

LOL What are you talking about? There is zero in it for Democrats and everything that Trump is asking for too. That is not how a compromise works. The courts have already given a temporary fix for dreamers.

I hope that your family is doing much better soon.

He just called us, doctors are cautiously optimistic about springing him tomorrow afternoon.
He went in at 340 pounds ten days ago. He is now 279 and he has about a year and a half to hit 230-ish.

:applaud

Here he is in better times...about three years ago.

1643628845532.jpg

That's really an insult to a fine movie.

But Republicans will be looking up from the flat of their backs with no wall filling their view. :lol:

Not only Monty Python, but A Knight's Tale as well.

Back
Top Bottom